SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Leonard Ravenhill Video sermon I have never seen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
other then that there is not much proof he is among you or us... i say he left Sweden many years ago and sad thing is no one seem to notice.

HmmHmm, I have read your other posts with great interest, but this has got to be the most foolish statement that I have ever read!!

Are we to just take Ravenhill's word that God has left America or Sweden years ago? I see proof of his mercy and grace all around me every day. Lamentations 3:22 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

If God is not here, how is this mercy coming to us? How does a word of knowledge, a word of wisdom come to us when we ask it? When I pray for my city and God does things thru the city that I had prayed for regarding, if God is not here, how is it that He is answering my prayer and moving thru the city council?
Quote:
Romans 5:20...where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Has God left because His grace wasn't sufficient enough to out beat sin?

If your looking for proof, Paul admonishes us to stir up the gift of God that is within us. He tells us in another place to desire spiritual gifts.

Nay, God hasn't left any country, but WE have left Him. We have stopped seeking Him and desiring to walk in His ways and to love Him with all the heart.

But who am I, right? How dare anyone speak against what Brother Ravenhill says. He's an Icon on SI, and if you say anything amiss about what he says, your chastised.

I go on record that he is wrong in the statement of: "God has left America years ago".

2008/2/4 11:06
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Quote:
Does anybody know if Greg can get those videos for sermonindex? It would be a nice addition.

Actually, Brother Leonard said this in the very sermon you linked to. I remember him saying it in another sermon as well. He mentioned that a very well known evangelist called him one evening and said the same thing to him. I wondered who that was, then he mentioned it again in another sermon and said that that man was Billy Graham.

I do not know if God has left America to her own desires or not. (Sweden either.) I [i]do[/i] know that God does not abandon His children though. I can't speak with wisdom about the presence of God on a nation and when and why He might leave it, but God has certainly not left His children.

If only His children would intercede for the sinful nation, the way Moses interceded for the people of Israel! Miracles would abound! But, people have to [i]want[/i] revival first. And, in America, people do tend to be more interested and concerned for themselves instead.

[i]If[/i] God has abandoned America, His judgment would be just and right.

2008/2/4 11:23Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

Compliments wrote:
Quote:
other then that there is not much proof he is among you or us... i say he left Sweden many years ago and sad thing is no one seem to notice.

HmmHmm, I have read your other posts with great interest, but this has got to be the most foolish statement that I have ever read!!

Are we to just take Ravenhill's word that God has left America or Sweden years ago? I see proof of his mercy and grace all around me every day. Lamentations 3:22 It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

If God is not here, how is this mercy coming to us? How does a word of knowledge, a word of wisdom come to us when we ask it? When I pray for my city and God does things thru the city that I had prayed for regarding, if God is not here, how is it that He is answering my prayer and moving thru the city council?
Quote:
Romans 5:20...where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Has God left because His grace wasn't sufficient enough to out beat sin?

If your looking for proof, Paul admonishes us to stir up the gift of God that is within us. He tells us in another place to desire spiritual gifts.

Nay, God hasn't left any country, but WE have left Him. We have stopped seeking Him and desiring to walk in His ways and to love Him with all the heart.

But who I am, right? How dare anyone speak against what Brother Ravenhill says. He's an Icon on SI, and if you say anything amiss about what he says, your chastised.

I go on record that he is wrong in the statement of: "God has left America years ago".

Well i dont speak as an authority brother, i must say

"i do not know if God left or not"

and it was probably foolish of me to say such a thing, but [b]my own[/b] beliefs are that it is mercy hell does not open up and swallow down my country right now this second, and same goes for America.

That is just my own belief, and in one sense God does not leave a country and in some i can see he hasent, but through out scripture we can see what happends when God does "leave a country/people"....

and i see [b]some[/b] off the same signs and warnings in scripture as i do in my country and in America indicating God let us to run with our sins. Sure I believe God loves every single individual in a country, i believe that.

And yes it is us who left God.

Do you see in America Gods blessing in your schools? If i where to visit America for one week and just walk around would my spirit cry out "God dwells among this people" ?

If you came here i tell you it would take you one hour to know who rules Sweden....

I know i am a guest in an Amercian forum, I have nothing against America, or Americans, i just commented on something i have been thinking about, and I may have prayed to little about this post.

2008/2/4 12:09Profile

Re:

Brother Hmmhmm, what a WONDERFUL reply. You didn't up the "Ante", so to speak, to rile one's feathers. You were meek and lowly and took my post very well. I know now that God is in Sweden, because the LORD is in you.

God Bless You Brother, well written. Proverbs 27:2

2008/2/4 12:34

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy