Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Christian Depression

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
rowdy2

Southern USA

Christian Depression

Christian Depression

We all been to that place after our call where we were guilt ridden to the point of depression. The Good News we believed turned into fear. Fear that our past, or our unworthiness would be found out.
Grace was a familiar word but an unfamiliar concept

We gathered in large crowds and the ones appointed to be servants were on an ego trip and the future heirs of the kingdom of the Son of God us, were on a guilt trip.

I would venture to speculate that the largest consumers of antidepressants in America are church going Christians.

You can’t sit under evangelical preaching of condemnation year after year with out becoming depressed or numb. This is not an indictment of preachers but of the church system.

Even though the saved are heirs of the kingdom of God they are children and their tutors and servants have mostly lost hope of spiritual perfection, children I said spiritual perfection, I know your fire alarms went off, maturity takes away all that paralyzing fear and only leaves the regenerating fear of God.

Be aware that some tutors and servants love the statues quo and lord over those in there charge that submit to their false teaching that we are all either lost are babes that are helpless.

Resist the devil and he will flee and cast out each others demons {fears ] and stop trying to solve endless riddles and pick up the Word of God. It is one of the records that speaks on earth of God. To have faith you first have to have light, Jesus is the light that John the Baptist came into a dark world full of darkness to proclaim. They had a self-righteous religion but no light. A spiritual desert laden with iniquity. Your Hevenly Father will give you all the light you ask for if you will walk in Jesus, The Light of the world.

Eddie

2008/2/3 1:11Profile

Re: Christian Depression

Quote:
We gathered in large crowds and the ones appointed to be servants were on an ego trip and the future heirs of the kingdom of the Son of God us, were on a guilt trip.

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Where revival is pride cannot survive!

2008/3/11 20:35

Quote:

rowdy2 wrote:
Christian Depression

We all been to that place after our call where we were guilt ridden to the point of depression. The Good News we believed turned into fear. Fear that our past, or our unworthiness would be found out.

I would venture to speculate that the largest consumers of antidepressants in America are church going Christians.

You can’t sit under evangelical preaching of condemnation year after year with out becoming depressed or numb. This is not an indictment of preachers but of the church system.

Even though the saved are heirs of the kingdom of God they are children and their tutors and servants have mostly lost hope of spiritual perfection, children I said spiritual perfection, I know your fire alarms went off, maturity takes away all that paralyzing fear and only leaves the regenerating fear of God.

Be aware that some tutors and servants love the statues quo and lord over those in there charge that submit to their false teaching that we are all either lost are babes that are helpless.

Resist the devil and he will flee and cast out each others demons {fears ] and stop trying to solve endless riddles and pick up the Word of God. It is one of the records that speaks on earth of God. To have faith you first have to have light, Jesus is the light that John the Baptist came into a dark world full of darkness to proclaim. They had a self-righteous religion but no light. A spiritual desert laden with iniquity. Your Hevenly Father will give you all the light you ask for if you will walk in Jesus, The Light of the world.

Eddie

This is good. I know exactly what your saying. ;-)

2008/3/11 22:09
nowhr2hide

Australia

Quote:
Christian Depression

Eddie

I can relate of what you saying and meant, little alone to live with one, that ones upon a time used to ministered to same category of people whether circular society or christian society, it's a broad especulation of how and why the emotional disorder, the psychosys of mind, the imbalance chemical through the brain, the spiritual blindness or deception. Yes it's all lead to undermining sinful nature of mankind.

Where and what are the practical implications of reponsible psychology, Christian theology, and the spiritual growth? How as a christian can truly minister in this society. I have seen much in my exprience and have some good result, yet the spiritual event and battle are far more harder to combat ... this part on christiany,... to walk and enable to reach out with gentleness, patience, endurance, and so forth... it's hard but rewarding at the same time.

An indept and intense study of Lazarus thomb will give a prospective views on this. This has help me greatly.

2008/3/11 22:55Profile
davym

Re:

Interesting thread.

I believe this is one of the most common problems for Christians today. Notably, it is also one of the most common problems facing society today and herein, I believe, lies the problem.

Too many Christians do not embrace Christ fully and do not embrace eternity fully. We are too busy thinking about ourselves and the world around us e.g. our family, our health, our jobs, our missed opportunities. We become so absorbed in these that Christ gets set aside and even blamed for the problems which beset us. We try to live like the world lives and do the things the world does. We become ensnared by the world's philosophies. We end up living in our own little world of make believe (which flares our pride) and when reality kicks in e.g. illness, bereavement we are smashed into pieces.

Flee from it all brothers and sisters and hand your cares and worries over to Christ. Make Him the centre of your attention, make Him the joy of your heart. This will greatly annoy your friends, family members and perhaps even yourself initially, but oh how God will bless. If you've trusted Christ as your Savior why are you still trying to enjoy the dead world. Leave it behind.

These earthly cares seem so important to us now, but in the light of eternity they are infinitisimal!

Quote:
You can’t sit under evangelical preaching of condemnation year after year with out becoming depressed or numb.

If it's the preacher making you depressed, don't sit under it. Read the Bible for yourself under the Spirit's guidance and allow Him to lead you to a church where you'll get fed spiritually. If it's conviction of sin/disobedience that's making you depressed then listen to the Spirit's calling. Take the necessary steps, don't just ponder taking them, weighing up the cost, make the move! If all of us did this we might even start to see revival!!!!!!!

[i][b]For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7[/b][/i]

When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

Refrain

Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.

Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.

Refrain

Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.

Refrain

But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.

Refrain

Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet.
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way.
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.

Refrain

Words: John H. Sam­mis, 1887.

Music: Dan­iel B. Town­er

2008/3/12 7:31Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

rowdy,

Just one or two observations I have made concerning your thread.

First, there is not much use of scripture. That makes a difference when dealing with any subject, for then it focuses on what the word of God says, and not our opinions.

That does not nullify that you urged us to 'pick up the word of God', which is what we should do.

Why would you speculate that 'the largest consumers of antidepressants in America are church going Christians'.

Where is the evidence for that? Has Barna done a survey on it?

I speculate that the drug store does not ask a person their religion when they sell the antidepressants.

They just sell them. Maybe you got that idea from something you read or heard. But it is not factual, just speculation.

As for sitting under evangelical preaching of condemnation, the word of God tells us that there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit, Romans 8v1.

The only ones who should feel condemned are the unsaved, who need to repent, or Christians who are yet to repent of a sin they have committed.

If the condemnation leads to repentance and salvation, that means a soul saved from hell.

Who doesn't want that?

You mentioned about resisting the devil, as it says in James 4v7.

But before we resist the devil, we are to submit to God.

But, that's enough for now.

God bless.

2008/3/12 8:33Profile

enid asked

Quote:
Has Barna done a survey on it?

I believe Mr Barna is on the fringes of the emergent church movement, now, and statistics can be used cynically as much as to inform of truth.

Depressed Christians may well be in condemnation, but they may also need healing from wounded mind or soul or body. Many Christians don't seem to take the example of Jesus seriously, in that while He went around calling for people to repent, He was healing multitudes (one by one) until his friends thought He was beside Himself.

If the Word made Flesh thought this was important when He came to earth, how can we not also, implying to those in need of healing, that the cause of their depression is lack of repentance? Surely, this is only [i]part[/i] of the truth, and a repentant believer may be healed from their sin, but not [i]yet[/i] from all their wounds. In fact, we know that Jesus forgave some whom He healed, who didn't see the connection between sin and their sickness. He also healed a woman in the temple who was doing everything right.

2008/3/13 17:06

Re:

Quote:
Why would you speculate that 'the largest consumers of antidepressants in America are church going Christians'.

Because he's right.

2008/3/13 18:47
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Ok. So you say he is right.

Where's the evidence? The proof?

2008/3/14 2:48Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: Bless your heart

Redacted for enid

Are you a beauacrate?

Christian xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx guilt ridden to the point of depression. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx believed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxour unworthiness would be found out. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxunfamiliar concept

We gathered in large crowds and xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx..

I would venture to speculate xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You can’t xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx children xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I said spiritual xxxxxxx I know your fire alarms went off, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx fear xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Be aware that some xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlost are babes xxxxxxxxxx helpless.

Resist thexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. It is one of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on earth of. To have xxxx you first have to have xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt came into a dark world full of darkness to proclaim. They had xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx no light. A xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl give you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxall the light yos, xxxxxxxxxxxx the world.

Eddie

2008/3/14 13:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy