SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Please Participate/ Headcount

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Spitfire

Please Participate/ Headcount

Let's do a headcount in answer to this question: Who here on SI feels that they have been delivered from the Spirit of Religion in the past 4 years? Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to prove that the word I gave is "true". I'm just curious to know how many of us really feel this way.

[i]quote by Spitfire in another thread:[/i]
As I prayed concerning all these things, God spoke to my heart again. He told me, "I've already issued the orders--the reign of the spirit of religion over my Church in America has come to an end." The decree has gone forth to let God's people go that they may worship and serve him....'

[i]Quote by Dorcas in same thread:[/i]
I wonder whether the gathering number of saints here, who are being or have been released from their previous religious thinking, are proof that this word is from God?

[i]quote by SimpleLiving in same thread[/i]
I cannot say if its proof that this word is from God or not, but I can tell you that I was in that number. I was very recently broken free from this very spirit of religion. As a matter of fact, if you check my past posts, you will see that I walked through it right here for everyone to witness.

Now, there's a sense of urgency in my spirit that God is gathering His children unto Himself. Those who will, as the title of this thread states, wake up and put aside everything of themselves and the things of this world. Now is the time of preparation and those who are not grounded in the Word, abiding in His presence, or able to hear His voice whispering in the midst of a storm, are going to have a very difficult times in what lies ahead.

Please add your name to the list below if you feel that this applies to you as well. Thanks, Dian.

1. SimpleLiving
2. Spitfire

2008/2/2 12:57Profile

Re: Please Participate/ Headcount

Does it have to be within the past 4 years? For me it was before that.

Although there are aspects maybe that I'm not yet totally free from...?

Jeannette

2008/2/2 15:22

Re:

It will be going on 5 years since the LORD told me to get out of the church that I was attending. I haven't heard anymore direction to go back to any church, though I have asked many times. But for me to say that I have been completely delivered from the spirit of religion, only God can answer that, it would be arrogance on my part to say that I am.

2008/2/2 16:18
BVO

ohio

Re: deliverance from religion

I believe there is a shaking of confidences that God has been doing. 4-5 years ago I would stand in front of a adult sunday school class and teach and by the end either I would have an arguement, blank looks or both. We left the church 3-4 years ago (?) and have tried different churches since and have not been satisfied but rather felt that we had been protected by much with our children by being separate. Just the last year or so there have been people that I have said many of the same things that drew blank looks and now reeive agreement. Some people have even admitted that they thought we were out in left field before but sheepishly agree with us now. I have not changed much in content or presentation, but God is changing peoples hearts to hear. The beautiful thing is that God recently gave us a church family that we had tried before a couple of times, but God made the necessary arrangements for us to be knit together with this body.
In answer to the question, I have cast off the accepted beliefs of much of the western church and have become bonded with a smaller more sincerely Christ honoring group of believers not limited to our local body. I feel maybe like the one Jesus said "you are not far from the kingdom." He is about to shake all that can be shaken and that includes all of our petty personal bias'. Thanks and Love in Christ, Barry

2008/2/2 22:59Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
[i]quote by Spitfire in another thread:[/i]
As I prayed concerning all these things, God spoke to my heart again. He told me, "I've already issued the orders--the reign of the spirit of religion over my Church in America has come to an end." The decree has gone forth to let God's people go that they may worship and serve him....'

Oh .... This pains me to say but it just is not so. Yet another prophetic utterance that is supposedly spoken by His own ...decree? 'Orders'?I'm sorry, you are a precious sister Dian but it is just not so.

The Lord has not said this, it hasn't come to an end, if anything the opposite is true, it is spreading and growing worse, what is the essence of the spirit of religion but what we see all around?

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Prosperity gospels, cheap grace, easy-believism, forms and fakery's ...[i]pretense[/i], it's on the rise not the decline. Even the reports of how all this is being imported out into other countries, Africa comes to mind ...

Personally or better anyone that travels these corridors very long will have this spirit of religion stripped from their very core if they are even half honest. But that which you have stated flies in contradiction to scripture itself. The trend is downward I am afraid, the love of many will grow cold ...

[i]This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;[/i]

2Ti 3:1-4

2008/2/3 9:36Profile
Lor_E

Montana USA

Re:

I have been being delivered from a "spirit of religion" for quite a few years now, I think it may be an ongoing deliverance... although I believe God opened my eyes to what I term as "Pharisee-ism" at least 5 years ago. Yet, every time I read Matthew 23 I can't but be heartbroken by the fact that so many seem to fit so well into that trap the Pharisee was under of a religious spirit.

I do believe that it is God's will that we all be "delivered" from such a spirit; and that the Spirit of God has been speaking to His church down through the ages regarding it, as I believe He has been doing so in this age as well. Yet, even with our eyes being opened, our hearts being convicted it is very easy to fall back into the old habit of feeling justified in doing something other than being washed in the blood of Christ. Praise be to God though, who always gives us victory, that when we desire to be simple and true He leads us into those paths!!

A sister in Christ

2008/2/3 11:01Profile

Hi Mike,

Please... let me put a more corporate perspective on this?

I think you have missed an important detail, namely, that Dian was quoting from a (significantly) longer word which gave other angles to God's perspective on the whole; which word in full has been posted on SI, twice already, and shared with our brother Daryl in particular (at the time of the thread 'To all the Prophets').

I would like to aver, from the distance that I have - being a strong believer in the 'body ministry' aspect of SI in small, and the Church in large - that the claim it makes for those who do [i]not[/i] wish to fall away with the rest of the apostate church, is being confirmed by dreams such as provoked Carter Conlon to preach 'Beware of the Angry Watchmen'.

From his vantage point - if can call it that - he has also said (prior to the Angry Watchmen sermon - although I might have to do a lot of listening to find the exact one,) that he believes God [i][b]is[/i][/b] [u]calling out individuals and strengthening them in isolation[/u], as part of His plan to save to Himself a people (in America).

Further, it is not a stretch to claim that this (whole) word from Dian is completely in line with the spirit of what Sermonindex experiences, in that you yourself, Krispy, reformer, poet - others whose names I can't remember - have all given a similar testimony to Dian's, of varying degrees of awakening, rising up and leaving ... responding to the call of God in your hearts, just as in

[i][color=6633FF]For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; the fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell.

Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely.

Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes. My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies. Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, turn, my beloved ...

Song of Solomon 2:11 - 16[/i][/color]

and

[color=0000FF][i] For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light (for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), finding out what is acceptable to the Lord...

Therefore He says:
"Awake, you who sleep,
Arise from the dead,
And Christ will give you light."

See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil.

Ephesians 5:8 - 10, 14 - 16[/i][/color]

Truly, I believe God is backing up His word with real people really being freed from bondages which have their roots in false gospels of various kinds.

Over the last few weeks, there have been big strong undercurrents, for the first time (in my awareness) dragging at the strongest bonds some of us have with each other. I try to be quick to close rank. But I recognise this may not be apparent. And it shouldn't mean the issues arising between us are being swept under the cybercarpet - which is fairly tempting at times - or not being allowed to do their work in us - which takes 3D real-time.

The matter of various kinds of relationships, though, is quite different from the ministries of the members of the body - to each other (Eph 4:16). While we have natural friends and natural relatives, our role in the body may [i]not[/i] touch on our relationships with either of these natural groups. (Perhaps this is obvious once it's pointed out.) But, for the sake of our [i]spiritual[/i] health, we do have to work at keeping the parts of the body in rest with each other. Something about knowing who is weeping and why, and who is rejoicing and why, and joining meaningfully in their situation.

In this thread, especially after the dreams you shared yesterday, I see that God has given you a similar kind of insight to Diane's (roadsign). Perhaps this is partly a result of similar experiences you have had; while - I can't quite explain - it's as if Dian's (Spitfire) has to [i]become[/i] the message [i]itself[/i] in a peculiar way. (I don't know if this is making sense on the page, but I perceive that how you all see things, comes out differently when you express it. Perhaps this is [i]my[/i] contribution...) Yet, some would say all of you are being 'prophetic'. To those (in Christ) who are not given this gift of [i]expression[/i], nevertheless the 'word' often comes as a confirmation to something they recognised, but couldn't put into words for themselves, and are [u]not[/u] called to put into words for the church.

We are all living through the same [i]era[/i], but we can see that God has given a degree of differentiation to the understanding which individuals contribute to the whole, and this may be partly a result of their individual unravelings of past misunderstandings, or, it may be a straightforward gift of the Spirit to see things that 'are', which others do not.

What to do with that insight, for the edification of the local church, or the whole Church, can be challenging for the individual, depending on the opportunities available to them. For instance, an elder like Carter Conlon can turn it into a sermon. Whereas another without that opportunity, might share it through prayer, but (either way), by the gift, God's intention is to strengthen [i]the whole[/i].

And then, we have Sermonindex, which has become such a [u]life[/u]-force for many.

Amen.

2008/2/3 11:52

Re:

Quote:
quote by Spitfire in another thread:

This is surely speaking of the [i]true[/i] Church only. If you tie this in with Revelation 18 it makes perfect sense scripturally...

[color=990000]And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, [b]Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues[/b].[/color]

Surely in these days the Lord is calling His own, those who are of the true Church, the Bride, out from among the false, "Harlot" Church.

We are being, one by one, called out and delivered from the spirit of mere religion, (even while we remain among the outward forms of that which is called "church"); made strong in Him to stand in the coming evil days.

And not only in America.

The Lord is preparing for the final harvest, and part of that preparation has to be the separation of tares from wheat, and the winnowing of the good grain to free it from the husks.

Surely this is what was meant by the above quote? Whether it is to be considered prophecy as such, or not, this [i]is[/i] what is happening: The Lord is calling His own [i]to Himself[/i]. That must mean out of every tongue and tribe and people and nation, and [i]denomi[/i]nation! If we are called to gather together unto Him, that means we [i]have to[/i] be set free from all forms of denomonational and religious bondage.

Mike, I can't understand why you seem to have such a problem with this. Unless it's the mere mention of the word "prophecy" that sets you off!

As Dorcas said, (not the same words, but that I think was the meaning) true prophecy [i]only puts into words what one already knows in the Spirit[/i].

It must also always be confirmed by Scripture, of course, which is why I quoted Revelation. There's also Matthew 13:30, for example..

[color=990000]Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.[/color]

in Him

Jeannette

2008/2/3 12:25

Re:

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

I do agree with these verses, as we do see this right before our eyes.

Those who belong to the Lord, regardless of what country they live, or what era they live or lived, have always been persecuted.

I think we are seeing many things today that let us know the return of the Lord is near, and the Ministry of the Holy Spirit within us is a witness to these things.

Why would there be a prophetic word for AMERICA, and not the rest of the world?

The Gospel of GRACE delivers from the bondage of religion, regardless of what that religion may be.

Grace is CALVARY..the Cross. Being crucified with Christ and raised a New Creation not only delivers on from religion, but from SIN.

Quote:
He told me, "I've already issued the orders--the reign of the spirit of religion over my Church in America has come to an end."

The Church is the Body of Christ.... making up of believers all over the world.

The only thing that will break the spirit of religion over anyone is preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ crucified and risen.

Until then, no such prophesy can be fulfilled. Salvation is one soul at a time.

Katy

2008/2/3 12:36
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
Oh .... This pains me to say but it just is not so. Yet another prophetic utterance that is supposedly spoken by His own ...decree? 'Orders'?I'm sorry, you are a precious sister Dian but it is just not so.

He that has ears to hear, let him hear.

2008/2/3 13:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy