SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SermonIndex.net Newsletter: "THE GEORGE WHITEFIELD OF NOVA SCOTIA"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 SermonIndex.net Newsletter: "THE GEORGE WHITEFIELD OF NOVA SCOTIA"

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/subscribers_newsletter.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.charityministries.org/images/March2006-family1.jpg[/img]

In these days there are many teachings that are trying to make the Church seem more relevant for the world. The Scriptures clearly teach us to be seperate: "Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against your soul." - 1 Peter 2:11. The cry of the day is "culture" and "relevance" but the sad truth is the Church has never been more less relevant to its culture for it has turned from being salt to sand and from light to darkness. There are bushels over many lights these days when the world is desperately crying out for the truth! One of the practical steps in being a light is raising a godly family. The featured sermon is from a longer series of teachings that you can download here: MUST HEAR: "The Godly Home" series by Denny Kenaston.

Here is another article that was a blessing and encouragment to read in our dark days: Visible Churches Warned by J.C. Ryle.

Greg Gordon
SermonIndex.net Moderator

---

[b]SermonIndex.net Newsletter: "THE GEORGE WHITEFIELD OF NOVA SCOTIA" [/b] Feb 1 2008 06:50PM
http://www.injesus.com/index.php?module=message&task=view&MID=DB007E3M&GroupID=5B007820

2008/2/1 18:55Profile
Talkn2u

Re: SermonIndex.net Newsletter: "THE GEORGE WHITEFIELD OF NOVA SCOTIA"

Two things the Lord is pressing deep into my heart, are mentioned in the above article:
l. We are "strangers, aliens, exiles"...in the world but not of the world...
2. The buzz word "relevant" that is used in churches grieves me.
A couple of days ago I was having lunch with a pastor and I mentioned my sadness over this "trend of relevance"...and his comment was that Jesus spoke in terms that people could relate.
I said, of course I realize that..that would be why He used parables...but my point is: "Jesus' Holiness did NOT diminish when He went before people. He did not try to put Himself on the "same playing field" as them so that they would feel comfortable. We SHOULD feel uncomfortable in His Presence if we are living in sin, or have not accepted Him as Lord and Saviour."
I went on to say that many churches today seem to be so concerned about making the people "comfortable" to the point we are aenestisizing them to Eternal life without Christ.
He nodded in agreement, but did not seem to have the same passion.
I spoke with a deep concern that people come to know the Lord, that time is short and the message of Truth must be given...that we must stop trying to prove "Christianity is relevant" but instead speak the message of the Cross. Not boast in our "ministries" but in the Life, Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ;as the only hope and way to Eternal life.
He looked at me but only nodded.

I truly sometimes feel as tho I am a "stranger, alien, exile" even in the presence of people who pastor large congregations.
Kind of like I am crying out in a sound proof booth.

Bonnie

2008/3/28 12:28Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy