SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sense of Urgency

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

The "Sense of Urgency" is not to stock up, not to panic, not to fear, not to buy gold, not to hide in a cave, but it's to KNOW THE LORD. He is our provision and our staple. We must ask Him to help us release us, by His grace, from "things" that has distracted us and caused us to take our eyes off of Jesus.

It's a time to be thankful for what we have. It's a time to stop complaining about our work situation and be thankful that we have a job.

It's a time to stop pointing the finger and condemning everyone who doesn't line up to our way of thinking.

It's a time to love the Body of our LORD, and of course when we are seeking the LORD, these things automatically emanate from us to others.

It's a time to "Put on Christ" which is the "Full Armour of God".

Quote:
1Thess 4:11 And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you

Quote:
1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

2008/2/2 9:46
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Yes, Jesus is returning and yes, it is exciting. But the sense of urgency I'm talking about it one that speaks specifically to [i]us[/i], His children, as a call to gather into Him. To either be fully hot or fully cold.

I believe the sense of urgency I feel is the Father's desire to gather His children together to complete the work He began in them. Some are heeding His call to forsake everything of themselves and the world to turn around and investigate the burning bush. Others are hearing His call and saying, "Yes, Lord, I hear you. I'll be right there, I just need to finish this thing I'm working on first. Give me two minutes."

I believe God is looking for those people who will finally die to themselves and abide in His presence, seeking Him, and only Him, like their very next breath depended on it. I believe He wants to prepare us to rely on Him fully, so we are not moved when things that are to come do come.

If we aren't grounded in the habit of regarding Him as vital, knowing His Word and able to recognize His whisper in the midst of a storm, then very difficult times lie ahead for us.

This is the urgency that I personally feel.

2008/2/2 11:17Profile

Re:

Quote:

SimpleLiving wrote:
Yes, Jesus is returning and yes, it is exciting. But the sense of urgency I'm talking about it one that speaks specifically to [i]us[/i], His children, as a call to gather into Him. To either be fully hot or fully cold.

I believe the sense of urgency I feel is the Father's desire to gather His children together to complete the work He began in them. Some are heeding His call to forsake everything of themselves and the world to turn around and investigate the burning bush. Others are hearing His call and saying, "Yes, Lord, I hear you. I'll be right there, I just need to finish this thing I'm working on first. Give me two minutes."

I believe God is looking for those people who will finally die to themselves and abide in His presence, seeking Him, and only Him, like their very next breath depended on it. I believe He wants to prepare us to rely on Him fully, so we are not moved when things that are to come do come.

If we aren't grounded in the habit of regarding Him as vital, knowing His Word and able to recognize His whisper in the midst of a storm, then very difficult times lie ahead for us.

AMEN! Well said!

2008/2/3 6:07
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

SimpleLiving wrote:
Yes, Jesus is returning and yes, it is exciting. But the sense of urgency I'm talking about it one that speaks specifically to us, His children, as a call to gather into Him. To either be fully hot or fully cold.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AMEN! Well said!

I second that AMEN!

2008/2/3 8:55Profile

Re:

Amen Keith.

Isa 59:13 In transgressing and lying against the LORD, and departing away from our God, speaking oppression and revolt, conceiving and uttering from the heart words of falsehood.
Isa 59:14 And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.
Isa 59:15 Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the LORD saw it, and it displeased him that there was no judgment.
Isa 59:16 And he saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no intercessor: therefore his arm brought salvation unto him; and his righteousness, it sustained him.
Isa 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and a helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.
Isa 59:18 According to their deeds, accordingly he will repay, fury to his adversaries, recompense to his enemies; to the islands he will repay recompense.
Isa 59:19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.
Isa 59:20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.
Isa 59:21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and forever.

2008/2/12 22:04

Re:

Quote:

dbm wrote:
What a glorious sense of urgency it is that has come upon the Body of Christ.

Enid thank you for your reference to Philippians 3:18 as the passage just before that (Philippians 3:13-17) marks how God has used this message board to address my own sense of urgency in these matters. Discussing matters with some on the board, and reading everyones responses and posts, has opened me heart to a greater understanding of a life in Christ.

Philippians 3:13-17
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

God is calling all of us to greater Faith and obedience and many of the deceptions that have muddied the Church for so long are being revealed in stark clarity to those who believe. The line is being drawn so clearly that I can't help but rejoice. I pray daily that more see and hear the Gospel, and weep often that many will not, but in both we see God's hand at work, his perfect justice administered with perfect love.

Corinthians 5:51- 53
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Surely there will be trials, tribulations and the time ahead will challenge us all to greater Faith in Christ, but in this the Body of Christ will be perfected and all who press on will receive that which makes any temporary pains seem as nothing.

I woke today with this thread still on me. I read these posts by dbm - this and his others - and praise God for them - yet feel the seriousness of them in my heart, spirit and emotions.
When spirit flows into emotions, it's time to get away for a while and seek Him all the more.

Thank you to all who posted to this thread - the posts helped me zero in on what's been grieving me this last month.

LORD Bless ya's.

2008/2/13 13:37
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

I 'PM-ed' you SimpleLiving, and await your answer. I too have felt this urgency and personally I hear everyone on this post and agree. what has been on my heart is the fact that we may, as believers, be cast out of the marketplaces and workplaces and need land etc...to work and raise food. What do you all think of that??? But then I am reminded that Christ never told us to buy land and homes, but rather sell them and then in this life you will recieve these things and more...

2008/2/13 14:36Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Quote:
by Ruach34 on 2008/2/13 13:36:09

I 'PM-ed' you SimpleLiving, and await your answer. I too have felt this urgency and personally I hear everyone on this post and agree. what has been on my heart is the fact that we may, as believers, be cast out of the marketplaces and workplaces and need land etc...to work and raise food. What do you all think of that??? [b]But then I am reminded that Christ never told us to buy land and homes, but rather sell them and then in this life you will recieve these things and more...[/b]

First and most importantly, when it comes to anything spoken or taught here on SI, remember to test it against the scriptures. If it doesn't hold-up against them, [i]throw it out.[/i]

I don't want to give the impression that I had "a word" from God to spread to others. To be honest, I think I was a bit hasty is posting the portion about becoming debt-free "quickly." Taking into account the events in my life over the last two or three weeks, I believe this part of the urgency I feel is meant for me. While it's surely a good idea for all people to be out of debt, I think God is directing me to do so for plans that He has [i]for me.[/i] I'm seeing a pattern in my life of God wanting me to remain incredibly mobile. I own very little and even that's being scaled back as time goes on. (Fine by me.) If I may boast on our Father, I had a $3,200 credit card paid off in [i]three weeks![/i] Believe me, it was [i]all God[/i] because I don't make that kind of money!

As for the part of your post that I placed [b]in bold[/b] above, brother, I would have two comments. First, please don't make any financial decisions based on my post. [i]Only[/i] if you know God has used it to speak into your life. Pray about it. God is, and should always be, our first Source to go to. He is our Source. Not our jobs, not men, and certainly not our circumstances. When it comes to stewardship of our finances, we need to be sure we have all matters before the Lord in prayer and wait on Him.

Secondly, I wouldn't base any financial purchases on [i]any[/i] end times theories or doctrines. That's decision making based on "fear," hype and emotion. If you've had the matter in prayer, or if you [i]really[/i] feel the Lord has impressed a large purchase on your heart, then base your decision on that. [i]BUT ASK YOURSELF SOME IMPORTANT QUESTIONS![/i] Do you think God would have you go into debt for such a purchase/purpose? Also, if God [i]is[/i] leading you to make a large purchase, are you in HIS timing and doing it HIS way? God never gives us direction, without giving us directions. In other words, if it's God's plan for you, HE will make it happen. You won't have to use the world's ways to make it happen. It will come to pass in His timing and in His ways.

I do still feel a sense of urgency about the Father drawing His children into Him; those who are serious about fulfilling His will, not theirs. And by that, I mean completely casting their agendas aside to press into, and wait, on Him. This is a time of preparation. For what? I don't know. I don't even need to know. I trust Him to either tell me or not tell me. I just want to obey Him and be transformed more into the image of Jesus daily.

2008/2/14 18:48Profile
Ruach34

Beijing

Re:

Amen! And I appreciate your caveat about going to God as the Source. He is our life, not our job...what a fantastic word.
You certainly have given grace to me in this situation, and some understanding. I'm not going to go into my own situation but rather focus on what has happened here in this thread.
This is what these forums are all about, don't you think. Edifying in truth and grace...

Christ Himself came in Grace and Truth!

We can be so set on truth, truth and more truth...but without grace, love etc. we are clanging our own gongs and cymbals.

Thank you Keith, for your response.

I used to live out in Montana...

rich

2008/2/15 8:42Profile
Talkn2u

Re: Sense of Urgency

SimpleLiving:
First of all let me say that I have found your progressive Walk very encouraging, as you express it to us from time to time.
Your sincerety and humility is obvious and it is delightful to watch as your spiritual eyes are seeing Truth as never before.

On the content of the sense of urgency that you are realizing that too is very exciting.

I have found that WHENEVER I am set apart, only to be in the Word and alone, open before the Lord, His Spirit so awakens my spirit and His Heart becomes to a degree, known. That in and of itself opens up my eyes to the urgency and desperation around us.
Seeing the Heart of God, viewing the things of this life from His Eyes/Perspective changes everything else to such a dull finish around me, that it's very appearance is dead.

Our God truly is setting His People apart...oh the value of isolated time.
I watch many friends, coworkers, relatives, filling their time...must be out or at least doing something.
But being alone with the Lord is the height of all.

Have you yet listened to Keith Daniel's sermon on Quiet Time? Oh my...if you have not, please do.
If not for SI I would not have even known of Keith Daniel...
What a blessing that sermon is...Talk about putting our priorities in line.

I strongly encourage you to listen to that sermon, if you have not already.

In Him,
Bonnie

2008/2/15 11:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy