SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : THE HERESY OF CHEAP GRACE -oniel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

I wonder if any believers here are still tempted to fall into sin? Is anyone (besides me) still tempted by the things of this world? Are we still enticed by the lust of the world, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life? Certainly, Christ has provided us with a "way of escape" from such temptations.

But suppose someone does not choose to walk that way of escape. What would happen to such a man (like you or I)? What is the eternal outcome of a believer like us who become trapped by a temptation in which they cannot free themselves? Do they still go about proclaiming how they were "saved by grace" while still falling to temptation? Perhaps the grace of God is actually the escape that God provides?

The warning of Hebrews 10 about "insulted" grace is certainly worth considering.

:-(

2008/2/1 13:58Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

James 2:14 - 24 (NKJV) 14What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. 18But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without £your works, and I will show you my faith by £my works. 19You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is £dead? 21Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.”£ And he was called the friend of God. 24You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.

Clint

2008/2/1 14:49Profile
whyme

Re:

Man causes sin through the means of disobedience to God for the purpose of self will and self rule. God causes salvation,. and within that, sanctification, through the means of His precious Son's obedience,death and resurrection for the purpose of His Glory. If self will and self rule are the purpose and caues of sin, and God's will and God's rule are the purpose and cause of salvation, doesn't that answer RoaringLamb's question?

2008/2/1 17:39Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy