SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Who Shall Deliver Me?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
LiveforGod

Who Shall Deliver Me?

“But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?” Rom. 7:23-24.

In chapter seven of Romans, the apostle Paul shares his testimony expressing his condition while still under the old Mosaic law and prior to his conversion through Jesus Christ. He was ever brought under the power of sin, despite his desire to do good and all of his religious practices.

Oh SIN – cursed tyrant! problem of all mankind! Can any escape its awful grip? Can none be free of sin while in this life? Can this bondage never be broken?

The apostle brings the readers to this very question when he cries out, “Who shall deliver me?” Oh, how his soul groaned to be free from sin! Then one glorious day, he met his Deliverer on the road to Damascus, and falling at His feet he cried, “What must I do to be saved?”

Oh, dear reader, true repentance and a humility that will bring you to the feet of Jesus Christ will open the door to a powerful salvation. After this experience, Saul, once a sinning religionist, arose to newness of life, never to be a “wretched man” in sin again! “Whom the Son sets free is free indeed!”

With triumphant joy, the apostle Paul continues the testimony he started in

Romans 7 in chapter 8: “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.” Who shall deliver me? Glory! Exalt the name of Jesus! Oh, what a Saviour! “He shall save his people from their sins.”

“...He was manifested to take away our sins...Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not...Little children, let no man deceive you...He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.” 1John 3:5-8.

There is no doubt that Jesus accomplished the purpose for which He came. To say that one cannot live free from sin is to deny the power of Jesus Christ. Yet by far, the prevailing testimony of professing Christians today is that sin has dominion over them and that none can expect to live free from sin while in this world. What an atrocious dishonour to the mighty Son of God! What a corruption of the glorious gospel of Jesus Christ! What a miserable message to tell sin-laden mankind! Is this the tidings of great joy for all men the angels burst into praise about? NO!

The apostle Paul used the word deliver. “Who shall deliver me?” He did not say, who shall forgive me, though of course he also needed forgiveness. He realized a cure was needed to reach the malady of sin and tear it out by the roots. Yes, Sin needed to be conquered. He found the Conqueror in Jesus Christ and was nevermore the same. Read Paul’s writings. Wretched and bound before salvation, he later could testify and teach that in Christ we are more than conquerors. He lived holily and justly and unblamably...had a conscience void of offense toward God and men...was made free from sin and declared, “Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?”

Is it not amazing that when the Bible asks, “Shall we continue in sin?” that the professing religious world insists that yes, they must, though the Bible answers, “God forbid!?” And when the Bible states the Christian is dead to sin, most professors are still alive to it? We can only conclude that “mainstream Christianity” is not Christianity at all, but the product of “another gospel.”

“Let God be true but every man a liar.” “Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin.”

By S. Mutch

2008/1/31 12:31Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Who Shall Deliver Me?

Amen, and on top of all this whose life are we now living on this earth?

Yes, we are living the life of Jesus Christ that is born again in us. Amen.

Galatians 2:16-17 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

And living His life:

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

We are as He was and is on this earth, by Him that is in us.

1Jo 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/2/4 1:37Profile
LiveforGod

Re:

Brother, you bring gladness to my heart. Let's keep focused on God, and not loose sight. Let us never look back, but keep our eyes on him who is our Savior. Let us pray without seasing for this Nation, and for other nations as well.

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise." Psalm 51:17

2008/2/4 15:36Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I like this quote:

Henry Ward Beecher

End Quote.

For the ignorance of God is wiser than the wisest man, and the weakness of God is stronger the the strongest man.

These are just quotes from the bible to show the greatness of God our Father. For God is not ignorant or weak. Amen?

Oh, that cold, precise and perfect self confident people may find their strength in Christ and speak the wisdom of God by the Holy Spirit that is also in them.

In Christ: Phillip

2008/2/4 21:35Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy