SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : alone

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ironmind

alone

Do any of you ever feel extremely alone? I mean really lost and all alone. I am at a loss for the adjectives to explain what I am saying. So go beyond the normal and multiply that feeling by infinity and that might be close to what I am saying. To top it off there are several people around me every day. I try to focus on reading the word and prayer but I cannot get through…

2008/1/30 21:52Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: alone

Brother, my heart is with you. I feel that way a lot, too. I think there are many Christians who go through that Valley. You can be surrounded by people, but where is that fellowship of the Spirit?

We live in such a dark world, and are strangers in it.

Like one of the poets wrote,
...I a stranger, and afraid
In a world I never made.

It's hard... especially the times when we can't get through to the only One who can touch our hearts with the Touch of His Presence that enables us to go on.

During such times I just encourage you... trust Him. Trust Him. He is still there. He is working a beautiful purpose in your life. Sometimes He hides His face from us to draw us deeper, closer to Himself.

Do yourself no harm. He will bring you through. We may be strangers here, but we don't need to be afraid, like that poet was afraid.

"I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears" (Ps. 34).

AD

2008/1/30 23:44Profile
BVO

ohio

thanks for your honesty. There are so many things that come to mind like it is always the darkest before the dawn. I don't know if something has been a direct cause for this loneliness or if it is just a valley which is a gift to you by God so that He can show you more of Himself. The valleys are never enjoyable for the moment, but I seem to always come out on the other side thankful that God places enough value on me to take the time to mold me and show me more of Himself. Seek Him and you will find Him. I always take great comfort in those like David, Elijah, Jeremiah and more that are taken into such great depths that I know that I am not alone even when I feel alone. Search yourself to be sure that there is not something in your life that is separating you from God and/or others, then lean into His breast, cry out to God and embrace Him. He is the lover of your soul. I am praying for you right now. Love in Christ, Barry

2008/1/31 5:59Profile
Tears_of_joy

Tarry brother, the Lord Jesus will surely meet you.

----------------

“The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.”
- Son_2:12

Sweet is the season of spring: the long and dreary winter helps us to appreciate its genial warmth, and its promise of summer enhances its present delights. After periods of depression of spirit, it is delightful to behold again the light of the Sun of Righteousness; then our slumbering graces rise from their lethargy, like the crocus and the daffodil from their beds of earth; then is our heart made merry with delicious notes of gratitude, far more melodious than the warbling of birds-and the comforting assurance of peace, infinitely more delightful than the turtle’s note, is heard within the soul. Now is the time for the soul to seek communion with her Beloved; now must she rise from her native sordidness, and come away from her old associations. If we do not hoist the sail when the breeze is favourable, we shall be blameworthy: times of refreshing ought not to pass over us unimproved. When Jesus himself visits us in tenderness, and entreats us to arise, can we be so base as to refuse his request? He has himself risen that he may draw us after him: he now by his Holy Spirit has revived us, that we may, in newness of life, ascend into the heavenlies, and hold communion with himself. Let our wintry state suffice us for coldness and indifference; when the Lord creates a spring within, let our sap flow with vigour, and our branch blossom with high resolve.

O Lord, if it be not spring time in my chilly heart, I pray thee make it so, for I am heartily weary of living at a distance from thee. Oh! the long and dreary winter, when wilt thou bring it to an end? Come, Holy Spirit, and renew my soul! quicken thou me! restore me, and have mercy on me! This very night I would earnestly implore the Lord to take pity upon his servant, and send me a happy revival of spiritual life!

-Spurgeon Daily Devotions

2008/1/31 12:27Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi ironmind...

You may feel [i]lonely[/i], brother, but you are NEVER [i]alone[/i].

Take comfort that the Lord said, "[i]I will never leave you nor forsake you.[/i]" Be encouraged by what the Lord told Elijah when he felt alone -- that He has reserved others who have not yet bowed their knee to Baal. When I feel lonely, I turn to intimate prayer with the Lord. I pray until my fleshly complaints seem more distant and my faith rises to the realization that He is not only there, but that He cannot despise a broken and a contrite heart.

Brother, take heart that others are praying for you today. You are not alone. Be encouraged to find encouragement in Him.

:-)

2008/1/31 14:16Profile
psalm1

Hi bro,
look at your situation ,not as a dilemma,but as a season.
When Jesus hung on the cross all deserted him except for the women.
Thank God for the women!
Job was not completely destroyed until his wife turned on him.
It is necessary my bro that we ,pass through, some very gut wrenching situations and valleys.
Keep looking to Jesus and let this be part of your testimony.
God is "crafting" you for his use.
Let him work his work in you.
One day you will look back and your testimony will be "oh so thats why he had me all alone!"

David

2008/1/31 14:37Profile
BVO

ohio

Ironmind, I have been praying on and off for you throughout the day and I came to a conclusion this afternoon. Thanks to your post and a call from a brother to attend a men's gathering Saturday eve. I got to thinking about how someone can be surrounded by people and be terribly alone. I have been a christian for 14 years and have had few christian brothers that were really dear to me. Even in the church we lead individual, often times selfish lives. We are busy and distracted. I know that what I'm reflecting on isn't necessarily where you are, but it was enlightening to me that I would guess most people are deep down lonely and Christians are not always exempt. The solution? First i realized that there is one that is closer than a brother and I needed to ask myself am i being true to that relationship. Am i being the friend and bearing my heart to Him? Am I enjoying my time with Him? Second: Am i loving others with Christ's love? Am I giving myself sacrifially and serving others? Maybe i am lonely because I haven't been the friend I should have been. Again, this isn't about you, but about me. Thanks for sharing your pain, and I thank the Lord for sharing His love. Bask in His love and friendship. Serve others and most find that there are others that are worse off that we are and before long we don't even remember where we were when we started. Delight yourself in the Lord! Draw nigh to God and He'll draw nigh to you! Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up. God bless you and I will continue to pray for you as the Spirit prompts me. Barry

2008/1/31 20:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy