SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : HOW TO TREAT YOUR DEAREST TREASURES - Robert Murray M'Cheyne

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

HOW TO TREAT YOUR DEAREST TREASURES - Robert Murray M'Cheyne

I Corinthians 7:29-31

(1813-1843)

Husbands should love their wives as Christ loved the Church. Still, a married believer should be, in some respects, as if he were unmarried. "Honor thy father and thy mother." You cannot be too kind or too gentle to the parents whom God hath given you, yet be as though you had none. Parents, love your children, yet feel that the time is short. They are only a loan from the Lord. Be not surprised if He takes His own. Esteem your minister highly in love for his work's sake, yet be as if you had no pastor. Build your nest upon NO TREE in this world, for God has already given this forest to death; and every tree whereon we would rest our hope and confidence is ready to be cut down. We must flee from the uneasy and frail objects in order to build on the rock, Christ Jesus. Set NOT your hearts on the flowers of this world. They shall fade and die. Prize the Rose of Sharon and the Lily of the Valley – He changes not! Live nearer to Christ than to any person on this earth; so that when they are taken, you may have Him to love and lean upon.

2008/1/30 17:10Profile
JennRich

Alabama

Re: HOW TO TREAT YOUR DEAREST TREASURES - Robert Murray M'Cheyne

Very good. . .

2008/1/30 22:39Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: HOW TO TREAT YOUR DEAREST TREASURES - Robert Murray M'Cheyne

?

Reply to hmmhmm
We can see that you love words. The Bible says we live by every word of God. As I read your post these words came to mind again.

Does chapter 13 explain chapter 8
Walking by faith?

Matthew 8-23
And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.

Matthew 13-24
Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field. Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Walking on faith in God’s words?

Matthew 14-30
And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid, and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Eddie

2008/1/31 2:54Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:
How read you? Walking by faith?

first one..... we see here Jesus praying for a man, and he did not get what he prayed for...anyone thought about this? in all the rest of the places where Jesus prays we can see immidetly that his prayer what answered, and in the places it just say "he prayed" we still see what he prayed for because he got what he prayed for the next verses. So in that way we know what he prayed for...but here something went wrong? had Jesus little faith ? :-)

no i think it is there to show us sometimes we need to pray more then one time, we need to pray many times to get the desired result

the second one

i have not so much light on, i have read many interesting comments on it...

the third one i think there are so much

it is possible to have such faith, to walk on the water to later deny our Lord three times....and then for the Lord to fill us and make us a apostle. And how important to have our eyes fixed on Jesus heb12:1-2

in this world satan wants to get our eyes to look at other things, so we will sink into this world again, but by his power and through faith we can be walking above the world, not defeated by it, by its lust and sins, he is able to the uttermost.

still to me this is of comfort, it is possible to be such a giant of faith, to walk on the water, and later fail so much and yet still be Jesus choice of no1 apostle. Since i have failed many times, yet God has a wonderful plan for me,

faith is trusting him, so often we look for it as some product from within ourselves

look at that thin rope over the grand canyon , go over on it....you wont have faith on that!

now look at that solid steel bridge over there...that one you will have faith in....

where did you find faith?

Now look at Jesus...... tell me can he do all he says in his word?

HE CAN!

have faith in Jesus...its easy

2008/1/31 3:14Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:
Walking by faith?

I am not sure i understand what you mean brother?

can you clarify for me?

2008/1/31 4:40Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

Thanks for replying and I look forward to reading more your of your post. I am going to edit my post so it will read the way I intended. From

Walking by faith

To seeing by faith

2008/1/31 7:05Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy