SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Undersea cable fault disrupts internet access

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Undersea cable fault disrupts internet access

Internet services have been disrupted in parts of the Middle East following damage to an undersea cable in the Mediterranean, according to reports.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7218008.stm]Web disrupted 'across Mid-East' [/url]

2008/1/30 14:12

Re: Undersea cable fault disrupts internet access

The Internet Traffic Report still reports that the main 'Iranian' router is unreachable. Traffic is apparently getting in and out over alternate routes, and there appears to be a great deal of confusion over to what extent Iran's internet traffic has been cut off.
What is know for a fact is that there have been numerous cuts in the undersea cables, with the UAE reporting a total of 5 known cuts as of this morning, 2/5/08. The cuts have indeed impacted millions of internet users around the Mideast.

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/asia.htm

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/history/267.htm

2008/2/6 2:39

Re: and rumors of wars -

Still hearing on the usual Christian radio, talk from the big name Christian speakers, about Iran and the same war drums beating. Dr. James Dobson's program has given more time to this subject of a war with Iran than any other on the radio. Gave a whole week to it last year and repeated some of those shows since. Brought in 'scholars' on Ezek 38 and how Russia would be involved, against us and Israel and all the typical reasonings from others as well.
I leave the radio on, either on the Christian station or the NPR/BBC station, interchangably. All the talk made me feel to check their site again also for more Iran news.
Saw these two from there and others -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7201708.stm iran sanctions increased

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7185985.stm Jan 13th Iran had "a month"

And -

Iran's oil bourse could topple the dollar
Mike Whitney
Online Journal
Wednesday February 6, 2008

Two weeks ago George Bush was sent on a mission to the Middle East to deliver a horse's head. We all remember the disturbing scene in Francis Ford Coppola's “The Godfather” where Lucca Brassi goes to Hollywood to convince a recalcitrant movie producer to use Don Corleone's nephew in his next film. The “Big shot” producer is finally persuaded to hire the young actor after he wakes up in bed next to the severed head of his prize thoroughbred. I expect that Bush made a similar “offer they could not refuse” to the various leaders of the Gulf States when he met with them earlier this month.

The media has tried to portray Bush's trip to the Middle East as a "peace mission," but nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, three days after Bush left Jerusalem, Israel stepped-up its military operations in the occupied territories and resumed its merciless blockade of food, water and medicine to the 1.5 million people of the Gaza Strip. Bush must have green-lighted Israel's aggression or it would have been seen as an insult to the president of the United States.

So, what was the real purpose of Bush's trip? Why would he waste time visiting the Middle East if he had no real interest in promoting peace or resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?

Sometimes personal visits are important, especially when the nature of the information is so sensitive that it has to be delivered face to face. In this case, Bush went to the trouble of traveling halfway around the world so he could tell the Saudis and their friends in the Gulf States that they were going to continue linking their oil to the dollar or they were going to “sleep with the fishes." For the last two months, a number of sheiks and finance ministers have been publicly groaning about the falling dollar -- threatening to break from the so-called “dollar-peg” and covert to a basket of currencies. Bush's trip appears to have rekindled the spirit of brotherly cooperation. The grumbling has stopped and everyone is back "on board." The regional leaders now seem less bothered by the fact that inflation is trashing their economies and driving food, labor, energy and housing through the roof.

Reuters summed it up like this: "After a flurry of public disagreements over currency reform last year, Gulf central bankers are trying to close ranks, talking up the pegs as a source of stability and playing down the dollar's weakness as a temporary phenomenon."

In the last few weeks, the Saudis and Co. have watched nervously while the Federal Reserve has slashed rates by a whopping 125 basis points. The cuts are steadily eroding the $1 trillion of capital the sheiks have invested in US Treasuries and securities.

"Inflation is at 16-year highs in Saudi Arabia and Oman, a 19-year peak in the United Arab Emirates. Gulf policymakers are intervening directly in loans, property and commodity markets to offset rate cut." (Reuters)

Property values have skyrocketed. Commercial property in the UAE has doubled since the beginning of 2007. The inflation-bomb has forced other Gulf states to provide food subsidies for their people and a “70 percent wage rise for some Emirati federal government employees.”

Disgruntled migrant workers rioted in Dubai recently, demanding to be fairly compensated for the sharp increase in prices. The Saudi riyal has climbed to a 21-year peak.

Currency traders expect another 8 percent rise in the dirham and riyal by April and they are predicting that interest rates will compel central bankers throughout the Gulf states to convert to either the euro or a basket of regional currencies. So far, however, the loyal Saudi princes have continued their support for the dollar.

Defending dollar hegemony

So, how important is it that oil continues to be denominated in dollars? Would the United States really wage war to defend the dollar's status as the world's “reserve currency”?

The answer to this question could come as early as this week, since the long-awaited Iranian Oil Bourse is scheduled to open between now and February 11. According to Iranian Finance Minister Davoud Danesh-Jafari “All preparations have been made to launch the bourse; it will open during the 10-day Dawn (the ceremonies marking the victory of the 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran) The bourse is considered a direct threat to the continued global dominance of the dollar because it will require that Iranian “oil, petrochemicals and gas” be traded in “non-dollar currencies." [Press TV, Iran]

The petrodollar system is no different than the gold standard. Today's currency is simply underwritten by the one vital source of energy upon which every industrialized society depends -- oil. If the dollar is de-linked from oil; it will no longer serve as the de facto international currency and the US will be forced to reduce its massive trade deficits, rebuild its manufacturing capacity, and become an export nation again. The only alternative is to create a network of client regimes that repress the collective aspirations of their people so they can faithfully follow directives from Washington.

As to whether the Bush administration would start a war to defend dollar hegemony, that's a question that should be asked of Saddam Hussein. Iraq was invaded just six months after Saddam converted to the euro.

Iran switched from the dollar in 2007 and has insisted that Japan pay its enormous energy bills in yen. The “conversion” infuriated the Bush administration and has moved Iran to the top of the White House's target list. In fact, even though 16 US Intelligence agencies issued a report (NIE) saying that Iran was not developing nuclear weapons; and even though the UN's nuclear watchdog, the IAEA, found that Iran was in compliance with its obligations under the Nuclear Nonproliferation (NPT) Treaty, a preemptive US-led attack on Iran still appears likely.

And, although the Western media now minimizes the prospects of another war in the region; Israel is taking the precautions that suggest that the idea is not so far-fetched. “Israel calls for shelter rooms to be set up in a bid to prepare the public for yet another war, this time, one of raining missiles.” [Press TV, Iran]

"The next war will see a massive use of ballistic weapons against the whole of Israeli territory," claimed retired general Udi Shani. [Global Research]

Russia also sees a growing probability of hostilities breaking out in the Gulf and has responded by sending a naval task force into the Mediterranean Sea and the North Atlantic.

According to an article on the Global Research site: “The flagship of Russia's Black Sea Fleet, the Moskva guided missile cruiser, joined up with Russian naval warships in the Mediterranean on January 18 to participate in the current maneuvers. . . . The current operation is the first large-scale Russian Navy exercise in the Atlantic in 15 years. All combat ships and aircraft involved carry full combat ammunition loads.

France is also planning military maneuvers in the Straits of Hormuz. Operation "Gulf Shield 01" will take place off the coast of Iran and will employ thousands of personnel in combined arms operations that will include simulated attacks on oil platforms.”

Exercises are scheduled to take place from Feb. 23 to March 5, and will involve 1,500 French, 2,500 Emirate, and 1,300 Qatari personnel operating on land, at sea and in the air, the ministry said . . ."'Around a half-dozen warships, 40 aircraft and dozens of armored vehicles will be in the war games,' Fusalba said." [DefenseNews.com]

The Jerusalem Post reports: "An American missile ship set to dock at Haifa port on Monday is equipped with anti-missile defense system that could be deployed in the region in the event of an Iranian missile attack against Israel. . . . The US San Jacinto is an Aegis Cruiser in the Ticonderoga Class . . . It carries the most advanced underwater surveillance system available today and is equipped with the Aegis Missile System to protect against aircraft and missiles. The ship will remain in Haifa for three days."

Also, within the last week, four of the main underwater cables which carry Internet and telephone traffic to the region have been cut. As a result, three-quarters of the international communications between Europe and the Middle East have been lost. Large parts of the Middle East have been plunged into darkness.

Is this merely a coincidence or is it part of a broader military operation?

Ian Brockwell, of the American Chronicle said, "On the assumption that the cables cut were no accident, we must ask ourselves who would do such a thing and why. Clearly Iran, who were most affected, would gain nothing from such an action and are perhaps the target of those responsible? . . . Maybe this is a prelude to an attack, or perhaps a test run for a future one?

"Communication has always been an important factor in military action, and cutting these cables might affect Iran's ability to defend itself." (American Chronicle]

Despite the lack of media coverage, the build-up for a war in the Gulf has continued and the probability of a US-led attack on Iran is quite high. Bush is convinced that if he doesn't confront Iran, then no one will. He also believes that if he doesn't militarily defend the dollar, then America's days as “the world's only superpower” will soon be over. The question is whether Bush will realize that America is already bogged down in two “unwinnable” conflicts or if he will “go with his gut” once again and lead us into a ruinous region-wide conflagration.

An American missile ship that was set to dock at Haifa Port on Monday is equipped with an anti-missile defense system that could be deployed in the region in the event of an Iranian missile attack against Israel.

The USS San Jacinto is an AEGIS cruiser in the Ticonderoga Class and was commissioned in 1988. It carries the most advanced underwater surveillance system available today and is equipped with the AEGIS missile defense system, which was developed by Lockheed Martin to protect against aircraft and missiles. The ship will remain in Haifa for three days. [Jerusalem Post] - End.

Interesting times and some interesting posts at RS also. And yes, it is good to be quieter and with Him.

His Love & Peace.

2008/2/7 1:52
Compton

Re:

Hi Annie

Quote:
Bush must have green-lighted Israel's aggression or it would have been seen as an insult to the president of the United States.

So, what was the real purpose of Bush's trip? Why would he waste time visiting the Middle East if he had no real interest in promoting peace or resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?

Sometimes personal visits are important, especially when the nature of the information is so sensitive that it has to be delivered face to face. In this case, Bush went to the trouble of traveling halfway around the world so he could tell the Saudis and their friends in the Gulf States that they were going to continue linking their oil to the dollar or they were going to “sleep with the fishes."

Jesus might very well have been prophesying the internet itself when he coined the phrase "rumors of wars." Take SI for example. Now we routinely take the contents of one blog and pour it into another blog...and call it news. Mike Whitney appears to be an amazing individual. He's a fly on the wall, a mind reader, and Tom Clancy all rolled into one.

Sister in all honesty, I just don't see how you can post this article and in the name of

His Love & Peace.

I'm not saying it has no factual bits at all, but perhaps we might rinse our cottage cheese a bit more before feeding it to everyone here. Truth must be more then discernible---it must be demonstrable. This article fails that test in several places.

Yet even we Christians, once bewitched by blogs, seem little bothered with such standards. These days practicing 'discernment' means never having to say your sorry. God forbid someone write an article as presumptive about our own motives, but most 'reporters' have learned to pose themselves as objective and outside of the scene they describe. The sniper is most effective appearing to be simply part of the landscape...when in fact he has altered the landscape purposefully and deliberately.

These types of writings might appear to be "against the war", but in fact they are doing as much to fuel it's machinations and passions as the CIA itself. What they lack in bringing patriotism for the cause of war, they more then make up for in carrying powder kegs to it. But if we are Christians who equate true faith with complete abstinence from the world's contests of war and money, then we should abstain and not entertain them.

We may protest the evils of war and the banking system, but if [url=http://www.amazon.com/World-Was-Going-Our-Way/dp/0465003117]we enter into the fight politically and ideologically[/url], however righteous out intentions are, we have entered the war none the less.

I'm not railing against you dear sister, for I know full well the deep love towards the Lord you hold in your heart. I am only cautioning that we can unwittingly be dragged into modern warfare and never fire a gun or drop a bomb. By spreading these politically and ideologically charged conjectures, you are participating in the war.

Thoughtfully,

MC

2008/2/7 9:02Profile

Sorry it didn't occur to me earlier when posting, to mention that the post I intended to follow Mike Compton's is out of order, being last now. end EDIT.

My point is: that these conflicts which appear to be between nations, are really between God and His enemies, and men who do not deliberately step out of the enemy camp into God's camp, find themselves caught up in local manifestations (of world events) over which they have no control. We are constantly challenged by the gospel, to see God's over-arching intention to save [u]to Himself[/u] a people called by His name. Let us not forget the Roman soldiers who for love of Christ, rather died than kill. They were not able to control world events, either, but, saved themselves from their untoward generation.

I have not, actually, taken part in the threads about non-violence or peace, perhaps because I still had to pass through my own pain barrier on this, and there may be more (pain barriers) - to the intent that I am [i]not[/i] disturbed by what I hear (but am sure of that to which I am called, and am fully persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed to Him against 'that day').

However, I do 'hear' not only what is being covered by the media (when I listen), but also what the Spirit is pressing into me, (especially as it is clear over here in the EU, that much is not being covered by the media. They have ceased to [i]serve[/i] my nation's interests as a [i]sovereign[/i] entity.) So that, what I [i]hear[/i] is two-fold: namely, that the Spirit of Truth witnesses (as Jeff pointed out in his comment about the need to 'discern evil'), to both the truth [u]and the lie[/u], and, the wooings of God to keep trusting Him - to walk as Jesus walked, while He knew that His hour had not yet come, and, just the same when it did (come).

The observation of such historic events as are detailed in the article, can be neither anti-American, nor anti-God, simply by their observing. They remind me of the time when John told Peter 'it is the Lord', and Peter acted on John's observation. Was Peter physically short-sighted, or was John making a spiritually discerned observation? Either way, his observation was [i]trusted[/i] by Peter to the extent that had John been [i]wrong[/i], both Peter's faith and his action might have be considered rather rash (John 21), (today). There is one body (Eph 4:4).

I do understand God works in His own way with each of us, for I wasn't always ready to believe what I now see as making sense of this multi-layered picture.

1 Peter 1
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning [i]here[/i] in fear:
18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, [i]as[/i] silver and gold, from your vain conversation [received] by tradition from your fathers;
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times [b]for you[/b],
21 [u]Who [b]by him do believe in God[/b], that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; [b]that your faith and hope might be in God[/b][/u].

2008/2/7 12:57

My heart has been strangely [i]quieted[/i], by understanding these things.

Matthew 21
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.
45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them.
46 But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.

Luke 13
30 And, [b]behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last[/b].
31 The same day there came certain of the Pharisees, saying unto him, Get thee out, and depart hence: for Herod will kill thee.
32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third [i]day[/i] I shall be perfected.
33 Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the [i]day[/i] following: for [u]it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem[/u].

Luke 9 [i]just after the Mount of Transfiguration[/i]
44 Let these sayings sink down into your ears: for the Son of man shall be delivered into the hands of men.
45 But they understood not this saying, and it was hid from them, that they perceived it not: and they feared to ask him of that saying.
46 Then there arose a reasoning among them, which of them should be greatest.
47 And Jesus, perceiving the thought of their heart, took a child, and set him by him,
48 And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.
49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.
50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid [i]him[/i] not: for he that is not against us is for us.
51 And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, [u]he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem[/u],
52 And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
53 And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.

Hebrews 12
22 But [u]ye are come[/u] unto mount Sion, and [u]unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem[/u], and to an innumerable company of angels,
23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than [i]that of[/i] Abel.
25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more [i]shall not[/i] we [i]escape[/i], if we turn away from him that [speaketh] from heaven:
26 Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
27 And this [i]word[/i], Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
29 For our God [i]is[/i] a consuming fire.

Right in the middle of Jesus saying these extreme things about God's judgement, and the things to come - upon Himself, Jerusalem and those who tried to make capital out of their natural entitlement to blessing - the disciples are bickering about who should be, effectively, first and second after Himself, while they seem oblivious to the global perspective He is putting upon the composition of those who [i]will definitely be[/i] in the kingdom, and commenting upon how to measure firstness and lastness. I bless God for the help He gives us in His word, to (begin to) see things from [i]His[/i] point of view.

2 Corinthians 3:18
[b]But we all, with open face beholding[/b] as in a glass [b]the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, as by the Spirit of the Lord[/b].

Mike,

We have a saying about 'not teaching' one's 'grannie how to suck eggs', which seems relevant here, in that I have learned more in fellowship with you than anyone, about God's love - its expression and its dynamics. In the context of the discussion in [i]these[/i] threads, perhaps I am remiss not to have said much much sooner, that the [i][b]effect[/i][/b] of these deliberations within my soul, is continually to drive me back down on the simplicity of the clues in Matthew 25, and to desire more fervently, to be a recipient and a minister of the blessings He describes in the Beatitudes.

This may seem paradoxical to what I have written, or, is the Holy Spirit at work? I think I'm understanding that the effect of God's agenda on the individual, uniquely expressed by their lives and lips, is identified nevertheless, by [u]His glory[/u] alone.

I hope so.

I pray so.

2008/2/7 12:58

Well, well, well.... The first of these has become the last... :-?

Too many clicks of the 'preview' button has been my undoing...

Apologies to all!

This next post, should have lain above the previous two.

2008/2/7 13:00

Mike Whitney wrote

Quote:
The media has tried to portray Bush's trip to the Middle East as a "peace mission," [b]but nothing could be further from the truth[/b].

Hi Mike,

I have been wondering how to answer your comments to me in another thread, which make the same point (which you make here, to Annie). Honestly, I hope to exhort us all, to trust the Lord, who has given us His word, with [i]everything[/i].

[i]Of course[/i], Jesus' prophecies are vital to our understanding of what we as Christians are to be about. His disciple, John, helpfully observes three times, that there was an ongoing intention by His enemies, to kill Jesus, to which he also refers four other times with the phrase [His hour had] 'not yet come', [i]twice in the mouth of Jesus Himself[/i].

For us to gird up the loins of our minds, our lives, our faith, and 'hope [in God] unto the end' (1 Pet 1), I completely agree with your perspective of looking to the Lord. This has been all the more provoked by listening to the promptings of the Holy Spirit within the context of world current events, not neglecting to learn from history. I have a clutch of testimonies marching round in my head, which only push me closer to the Lord.

If you think about His parables, there is a level of violence in many of them, our humanistic culture finds hard to accept - the taking of 'that which he hath' and giving it to the person who already has more than the others, for instance (the way a game of Scrabble ends); the killing of the vineyard-keepers who kept killing the prophets and eventually the Son of the owner (the Heir); the refusal to let Lazarus get a tiny drop of water to cool the rich man's tongue; the casting into prison of the unrighteous servant who would not show the kind of mercy he himself had received; all those to whom 'weeping and gnashing of teeth' is promised.

Surely these promises, are strong encouragements to believers, to take heed that God is not messing around when He gives us our parentage, our nationality, our natural circumstances, and finally that call to follow Him out from amidst all that would tag us back to earthliness.

Matthew 13
37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked [i]one[/i];
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and [u]they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend[/u], and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there [u]shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth[/u].
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Luke 13
23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.
25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:
26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets.
27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all [i]ye[/i] workers of iniquity.
28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you [i]yourselves[/i] thrust out.
29 And they shall come from the east, and [i]from[/i] the west, and from the north, and [i]from[/i] the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God.

2008/2/7 13:01

Re: and rumors of wars -

Dear Brother Mike, I do understand, in part, what you are saying. I hope you can give me a chance to explain my frustrations with this talk of "war on Iran" that I can't seem to escape. Tempts me to watch something dumb on television, but I don't watch the thing ---- but maybe I should, just so I could shut down my care-response with Sit-Coms or something.

To hear about Iran on Billy Graham's radio station from James Dobson continuously and others and then turning to the News station and hearing it there, and for going on years now -- 'That' is why I titled my post "and Rumors of war".
Last Fall, Dobson came on his program on a Monday saying - 'Eighteen of us were in the Oval Office, but I can't tell you what we talked about - but for this Whole Week - we will have guests speaking about our war with Iran and how that will bring Russia to attack the U.S. and Israel'. That "Focus on the Family" giving a whole week, non-stop, to this Iran war they're planning. That frustrates the life out of me. Then they've repeated these type programs since. And that's just one program on that Station.

I hate war. I'm tired of hearing about it. I tired of hearing all the different accounts of it. From Gitmo - on. I hear ALL sides. I listen to ALL sides, with good reason, I believe.

The one article from the BBC that I posted above said - "US 'pleased'
A US official said the resolution would "increase the severity" of existing sanctions, such as travel bans and asset freezes, "[u]and will also introduce new elements[/u]". "

Then these which I posted first - http://www.internettrafficreport.com/asia.htm

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/history/267.htm

From what all that I've heard, they, in Iran are in desperate need of "electricity" - they must ration it out quite a bit, and for years now, they have begged that they do not want war and only want the same nuclear power plants that we enjoy.

If I can still have and ask for "Love & Peace" in the midst of this crazy world, with 40 "rumors" about one country or another over-seas - it's because I feel we are all hearing conflicting stories and that is why I posted more than one. We NEED "Love & Peace" because these wars have now caused Christians to yell out - "Nuke 'em" and "Torture is Good".

I NEED "Love & Peace" - because I listen to ALL sides and not just FOX news and believe that with our Sources for News, we need to hear it from ALL sides - so we don't masacre another bunch of people in "the name of peace".

WE are the ones who should be careful and open minded to hear ALL sides before we back KILLING and being killed.

If we could say and bank other's lives on it - that there are only pure motives from those who run this earth - this thread wouldn't exist at all.

With the continuing "rumors" of wars - we Have to have His Love and maintain our Peace and pray for it for Iran [u]and whomever else[/u] and hear them ALL out. Every side. Israel may not be Right in their treatment of those in Gaza. Iran may just truly desire Electricity, as that article has proved through those sources who report on Iran's capabilities and non-capabilities. The LORD will show us who was/is telling the truth or not - but I fear it won't be until HE comes in most cases and after we've backed systems that are not "working for Him", but for a Global Greedy System and worse. Rick Warren and all included.

Love and the true desire for Peace should be in our hearts at this time more than ever - when innocents may be killed and we as a nation (as Dobson and all say) may bring Russia Plus, down on our own heads, over reasons that we don't hear from FOX news or whatever we've limited ourselves to listen to. We of all the people's on this earth should care enough to truly get to the bottom of this rumor of a war with Iran (or any others) - we are the ones that are spoke of in Daniel, etc. as "having understanding" of the times. The events SINCE Mr. Bush left the mid-east was all they reported on. I find no fault in that one article compared to the FOX etc cry to "Nuke 'em and Torture 'em".

If nothing else - the various sources on this Iran topic gives me more to pray over - because we 'are' to Care - despite what ethnicity we may wipe off of the map and then get excited over Ezek 38 on our Christian Ministies that we'll thus bring Russia upon ourselves and Israel. That week with Dobson and Co. made me sick.

And I do love you also.

Just wish I could communicate my heart better. Expressive aphasia is a real drag brother.

Love & Peace.

Annie

Edit: What else bothers me - Hussein was hung for killing 141 people - but it is China on this security counsel who is making decisions on world security and judgments on Iran and How Many Have They Killed - especially to this day, Christians? Russia and China are the main 6 on the UN Security Council.

Yes, this stuff breaks my heart.

2008/2/7 14:07
Compton

Re:

Hi Annie and Dorcas,

Thank you for your thoughtful responses. I am happy to count you as friends.

Quote:
The observation of such historic events as are detailed in the article, can be neither anti-American, nor anti-God, simply by their observing

The reason I responded earlier to the article, as well as my rejection of that much earlier thread with brother Ironwood, is that conclusions were being mistaken for observations. It is worth stating for the record here, that I personally do not consider 'discernment' or 'prophecy' as actual observations. How you feel about this may prove to be a disjoint or not in future conversations.

That there is a crisis of evil in the world is beyond refutation. Indeed, we may be seeing the tipping point where the great tree passes from merely tottering to falling.

However the brink is nothing new to this world. True it seems there are fragile strings holding the ship, but this fragility is precisely why I urge discipline and caution in how we communicate. If a Hitler can inflame a continent with anti-jewish rhetoric, we can at least start a smoldering in someone's heart with anti-american or anti-muslim rhetoric. Man's heart is violent enough without adding unnecessary fear and hatred.

I'll spare you my love of my country, except to say that you can be rest assured it would be easier on my heart in these sorrowful days if I had no love for her. She has enough problems without adding disinformation or speculation to the mix.

If we were ever forced to come together in some persecuted situation I would be even more resistant to speculation and publishing of speculation regarding the machinations of the enemies of God. I have several clear reasons for this resistance.

1) I am already aware that the spirit of anti-christ is afoot. There is no productive purpose in thrusting this at me constantly.
2) I am aware that satan hates the Church.
3) My cannot eat a steady diet of evil things and grow strong in the Lord. I know some people claim they can, but I find that what I meditate on tends to own my soul.
4) The news, the blogs, and everything in between is completely unreliable because their precepts are far from God, and because their business models demand the manufactured production of hourly content to fill their distribution channels.
5) Furthermore, the news distorts the heart of God for the believer. The news packages sorrow from every corner of the globe, while I, through crushed with pity, can only respond in very limited and finite measures. Therefore I do not believe the Lord holds my brethren responsible for everything I hear on the news, anymore then he holds me responsible for keeping the moon in it's orbit or causing the rain to fall. To judge my brethren for their indifference or incapacity to the news I care about is to put a distraction and destructive burden upon them that is not of the Lord.
6) The Church (you and I) is too politically, socially, and culturally diverse to establish communion with one another on any other basis then the worship of Jesus Christ and faith in his Gospel. All other ties and connections are too weak and even divisive.
7) Prophetic insight into the world is not a platform for unity. Most New testament prophecy is as much a portrait of the prophet's temper and beliefs as it is God's perspective. If we demand submission, or attempt to form unity on any Word but the Bible, we are already defeated. (SI, which has more good will then most communities, proves this weekly.)

Lastly, I should offer that I believe that only the Bible is truthful to us. Not only are it's suppositions truthful, but it's presuppositions are truthful. But more then that it's pretexts and contexts are God's and not man's. The news contains none of these virtues. Ignoring the news altogether leaves a bible reading Christian more informed about the state of the world then a Christian who is well educated in current headlines.

If a person must read about political or economic events let them read history. Though history books suffers from a similar corrupt bias as news, at least the events in their pages have the opportunity to benefit from research, distance and time. As such history is more informative then the daily news, and more accurate then most current prophecy.

But even history books are not a point of fellowship. So consider this...if history books, (which are going to be as factual as corrupt man can be factual) can divide the church, then prophesying to one another after being influenced from the nightly news might very well rip the Church into shreds. We needs to serve one another healthier food!

Bless you two!

(BTW, you express yourself fine Annie!)

MC

2008/2/8 20:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy