SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : How to preach?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

HI Greg
Sorry I didn't reply to this. I've not seen a version with hand motions. His point was more in the way of warning against inappropriate hand signs, and other quait mannerisms e.g. the man who fixes his eye on the right corner of the ceiling as if he has seen an angel there.

'Lectures to my students' is the account of the his lectures in the Pastor's College. Its follow up is 'An All Round Ministry' which is the record of the annual renunion keynote messages delivered by Spurgeon. His affection for his 'students' is very moving and his labours for them were astonishing.

2004/6/15 17:29Profile
lazarus

Connecticut

Re:

Yes, I would also recommend C H Spurgeons Lectures to my students. I had read it not to long ago and found it to be very helpful.

also there is a book called "The Worlds Greatest Preachers" that was compiled by Ray Comfort. It has selected sermons by men like Wesley, Luther, Spurgeon, Edwards, Etc and I would encourage any preacher to read it.

2004/6/15 19:44Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

Lots of good advice and good recomends on books. I am surprised no one has mentioned 'Power through Prayer' by E. M. Bounds. If you read that 'little book', you will know what to do. And you probably won't need those other books right away. Speaking from pain-full experience...

2004/6/16 4:16Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy