Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Be not conformed to this world

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

[b][url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1864]be ye Holy for I am Holy by Keith Daniel[/url][/b]

2008/1/30 3:22Profile
BVO

ohio

Re: conformity

Wow! This is a very refreshing conversation! i believe that the topic is being dealt with with the Spirit of Christ reigning. Usually i way back way off because many become offended and accuse me of being legalistic by identifying the world as something that they love and that offends them. Ginnyrose, i loved your illustration of the fabric. Taylor i loved your bringing the thought to not what we are dead to, but what we are ALIVE to which is Christ. The kingdom of God is like.... The Parables and Beatitudes are so wonderful at pulling out the kingdom we are citizens of both good and bad. The question about how non conformity affects my day to day is generally guided by these areas especially the beatitudes, 1 Corinthians 13, and Galations 5 with the Spirit and flesh contrast. There is more challenge in these few areas to be conformed to the image of Christ than i can imagine (Eph 3:21 :-) ) i will ever attain to. Be controlled and walk in the Spirit and we won't mind the things of the flesh. or as one of my early favorites upon conversion states: Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in His wonderful face, and the things of this world will grow strangely dim in the light of HIS glory and grace. i SO appreciate this group (family) at SI. You both challenge me and inspire me! Thanks for the Love, Barry

2008/1/30 5:58Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Scriptures teaches us a lot about the heart. Prov. 3:1: But let your heart keep my commandments;
v .3:Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart.
v.6: In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight. 7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;Fear the LORD and turn away from evil.
v.8:It will be healing to your body And refreshment to your bones.
Luke 6:45: The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

These scriptures are clear that what is in the heart will be made known to others by our words and deeds - cannot separate them. From my own experience in the past when your feathers get ruffled it is because someone touched on an issue you were evading and running away from. How much grief we could spare ourselves by simply stopping and saying "Yes, Lord! I will surrender." The LORD cannot use a bull-headed, stubborn person. He wants one totally submitted to HIM in ALL things.

I have another sewing story. I was sewing a dress for our son's wedding. Earlier I had purchased a beautiful applique and had it in my stash of supplies. I got this thing out and laid it upon the collar. It was beautiful! So I worked a long time to apply it and the job was well done. In the meantime, the Holy Spirit was speaking quietly saying "that is too fancy." "It is beautiful and I want it" I said. That night I would be woke up occasionally with these words ringing in my conscience: "it is too fancy". Finally I gave in and said "Yes, Lord, if you want me to remove it in the morning, I will." I went back to sleep and slept soundly the rest of the night. I did as I promised. Now had I listened to Him when He first started convicting me, I would have saved myself a LOT of time and gotten more sleep!

Jesus teaches us the importance of faithfulness in the little things. (Luke 16:10). And it is in the little things where most of the battles occur, is it not? So it is for me. And I have to remember I can never expect to grow in my walk with the LORD unless I surrender these little things. And the fascinating thing is the joy that results from this. You experience the "WOW!" factor: your heart is filled with a sense of awe at whatever transpires. You have experienced the joy of the LORD.

What other testimonies are out there? Mind sharing them?

ginnyrose

2008/1/30 7:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy