SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can We Seek Revival?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Can We Seek Revival?

dear brothers and sisters,

there was so much that i wanted to say, but i feel the Lord directing only a few statements.

i want to first apologize for getting my eyes off of the really important stuff like praying for revival and praying for others more and instead i focused my eyes on the little issues of calvinism/aminianism and sabbath. instead of me just saying a post if i felt led to answer and leaving it alone, i gave in to the temptation for a couple of days to begin discussing these issues. while discussing the issues are not bad (and actually are very helpful at times), it has taken my eyes off of Him and revival and placed them on small disagreements between brothers and sisters. i am sorry for that.

i noticed on a bible reading thread that our brother abe is anonymous now. that saddens me. we have lost a brother to fellowship on the forum because of these debates that we have. i just wonder how many more brothers and sisters do we lose because of this stuff as well.

that is all that i really feel like i should say, but i wanted to tell everyone that i am sorry for getting distracted on side issues when i need to pray more for revival.

thanks,
phil

2008/1/26 23:56Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Can We Seek Revival?

Quote:
i noticed on a bible reading thread that our brother abe is anonymous now. that saddens me. we have lost a brother to fellowship on the forum because of these debates that we have. i just wonder how many more brothers and sisters do we lose because of this stuff as well.

Actually brother, he left of his own accord and by request, to spend more time with God.

I hesitate tremendously to add anything. He has done the rare thing here in acknowledging across a number of posts lately his own heart considerations and made this decision. I find it again rare, but incredibly noble and endearing.

Keep Abe in prayer.

I look forward to his return.

2008/1/27 12:33Profile

Re: Can We Seek Revival?

There is nothing wrong with discussing these things, the problem is that we get overheated, passionate and zealous over what we believe. And when we are corrected, watch out, we don't like that so we retaliate.

Lets face it, this is the Church, with all it's problems, false teachings and insensitivities. The only way to battle these is either to stay away from them and pray, or involve yourself and pray, and allow the Moderators to do what they do best. Some threads do take a wrong turn, we get people that have no interest in learning, only to be right. Such people have thwarted threads, create havoc among other believers and finally wind up having the shameful nic, "Anonymous".

We shouldn't be sorry about our discussions, this site is a Godsend and I love coming here and being involved in lively discussions. I can't seem to understand why people are so insensitive in their postings, it's almost like they have never learned Christ, or met Him.

God Bless Everyone!!

2008/1/27 13:35

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy