SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Prayerless Church this is not all of the church

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

A Prayerless Church this is not all of the church

Art katz says that People would rather Pay that Pray . I am finding it true.

2Ch 15:2 - Show Context
And he went out to meet Asa, and said to him: "Hear me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin. The Lord is with you while you are with Him. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will forsake you.

Ps 127:1 - Show Context
A Song of Ascents. Of Solomon. Unless the Lord builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the Lord guards the city, The watchman stays awake in vain.

I remember feeling that the Prayer meeting is one of the most emptiest meetings in church.
Me myself use to hate prayer meetings but I now know that nothing in the church or in life cannot do without them.
What is the worth running a program or doing anything unless the Lord is behind it.

I remember being in a group and finding out that the people who needed to pray most were the leaders as they are making vital decisions and they would be the people least up in the prayer room.
David Wilkenson calls it Blink decisions and that we live in a blink generation.

David in the Bible inquires of the Lord of most of the decisions he make

1Sa 23:2 - Show Context
Therefore David inquired of the Lord, saying, "Shall I go and attack these Philistines?" And the Lord said to David, "Go and attack the Philistines, and save Keilah."

1Sa 23:4 - Show Context
Then David inquired of the Lord once again. And the Lord answered him and said, "Arise, go down to Keilah. For I will deliver the Philistines into your hand."

1Sa 30:8 - Show Context
So David inquired of the Lord, saying, "Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?" And He answered him, "Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all."

2Sa 2:1 - Show Context
It happened after this that David inquired of the Lord, saying, "Shall I go up to any of the cities of Judah?" And the Lord said to him, "Go up." David said, "Where shall I go up?" And He said, "To Hebron."

2Sa 5:19 - Show Context
So David inquired of the Lord, saying, "Shall I go up against the Philistines? Will You deliver them into my hand?" And the Lord said to David, "Go up, for I will doubtless deliver the Philistines into your hand."

2Sa 5:23 - Show Context
Therefore David inquired of the Lord, and He said, "You shall not go up; circle around behind them, and come upon them in front of the mulberry trees.

2Sa 21:1 - Show Context
Now there was a famine in the days of David for three years, year after year; and David inquired of the Lord. And the Lord answered, "It is because of Saul and his bloodthirsty house, because he killed the Gibeonites."

1Ch 14:10 - Show Context
And David inquired of God, saying, "Shall I go up against the Philistines? Will You deliver them into my hand?" And the Lord said to him, "Go up, for I will deliver them into your hand."

We live in a generation that is living with disasters and mayhem and not inquiring of the Lord why?

Do most people think of prayer as boring because the devil has darkened their mind by this world.
I know that most people in SermonIndex are praying people.
We have a friend in India and she prays something like 18 hours a day because she is ill and has got an illness in which she cannot go out.
Some people when they look at the culture and say I am so busy and I have not got time to pray and come before the presents of the living god who created the whole universe.

Mt 7:23 - Show Context
And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!

We have money to earn , we have jobs to go to. Not a Lord to seek.
I have always wanted to prove that you can have a fantastic prayer life despite busyness.
What are we busy doing for one, is it more important that being in touch with our creator and our bridegroom Jesus Christ. What is going to matter in Eternity?
What would most Christians do if they were all alone and they could not go to church on Sunday or read there bible.
What would you be like if like John Wesley you got banned from all the churches. Would you still carry on your faith even thou no one is encouraging you.
I know but for the grace of god I can get out of bed and but for the grace of god I can even pray and read my bible.
We hold things like the bible lightly as in china people get persecuted for holding a bible and even in the Uk, William Tyndale who brought the bible to the common man. Anyone around his time would be killed for holding a bible.

How long have we got when we can pray in freedom, when will god pull the plug.
TO me in this country we have different persecution, we are persecuted by worldliness even me I am a prime candidate.

I know most churches don't pray because I see the literature in the Christian bookshop is not about prayer and seeking gods face. We are not desperate enough for him and even I am not.

To me if you do a study on righteousness the word righteousness[url=http://bible.crosswalk.com/Lexicons/OldTestamentHebrew/heb.cgi?number=03477]Righteos[/url]

[url=http://bible.crosswalk.com/OnlineStudyBible/bible.cgi?word=righteous§ion=0&version=nkj&new=1&showtools=1&oq=depart+from+me+knew]Righteous Definitions Others[/url]

Has in the sense of to do with good and evil. In the hebrew context someone who is not talking to god is in essence evil. We can all be capable of not praying , to me in essence define evil would be the absence of god.

If god is good, then everything outside god is evil. If our god is loving then if people are not in communion with god they are in essence selfish.

People do not think of prayer in terms of good and evil. Being in union with our creator and talking to him makes us more like. Like hanging around bad friends make you bad

1Co 15:33 - Show Context
Do not be deceived: "Evil company corrupts good habits."

This is why this community is good.
I also do not want to talk to my saviour just to get things. I know that I do.

Sometimes I pray selfishly and I am hoping that god will know so much about my heart and how much a mess I am. I just want god to know everything even thou he does allready.
What is going on!!
I mean we cannot hide anything from god!!! and why
hide it even if we do, I so want to be honest before god and I need the spirit of truth to make me honest.
I just want to pray to meet him and him only. Yet I know I have so many needs.
It so saddens my heart when we have a generation that prays out of rote or not from the heartor does not consider it a vaild thing, then the prayer meetings would be full.

During the 2 World Wars, we had National days of prayer and fasting, now it is hard to even get our church to have a regular meeting or our church to fast and pray. How far have we fallen.

To me prayer is the lifeblood of the church, it is what makes things happen.

A person who is not connected to the head cannot be part of the body. How many of us are connected to Jesus?

Oh that our church would pray! andthat I would pray because I am worse as they are.

Denny Kensegton said in the revival meeting about OH that we could have a time seeking god rather than just listening to speakers. It would change the essence of the Revivial confence . I like Speakers but I like God better.

Dom

2008/1/25 22:07Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy