SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : How are people dealing with the Real ID act as Christians?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi Dorcas,

You had qouted this...

"2 Peter 2:10
But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities."

I notice three things in this passage:

[b]rebellion[/b]

[b]presumption[/b]

[b]self-will[/b]

If we consistently act in a way that is contrary or counter-productive to the mission and goals of this website and it's moderators, are we in danger of these things?

What do you think?

2008/1/24 3:27Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: How are people dealing with the Real ID act as Christians?

Something is wrong here: I cannot pull up most of the responses to this post! I get an error message. It was this way last night and it is still this way.

I also wonder what this Real ID is?

ginnyrose

2008/1/24 6:52Profile
dbm

Lisle, Illinois

Re:

Christopher,

I pray that I haven't been guilty in these posts of any of these. If you discern through the spirit of God that I have please let me know as I would gladly take the chastening.

David

...and Sandara here are some links that I posted regarding the Real ID act:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_ID

Sorry to use the ubiquitous Wikipedia, but it presents all the information in a centralized area.

Here is information from opponents of the act:

http://epic.org/privacy/id-cards/epic_realid_comments.pdf

2008/1/24 8:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
From what I understand, this ID is simply a State driver's license which would be difficult to counterfeit (because your information is verified by the Federal Government). It would also serve as a quasi-passport, being required upon admission back into the United States (currently, you are required to show your passport and an official photo id). The legislators who are trying to implement this are hoping to stop illegal immigration (since some states make it very easy to obtain a driver's license and fake passport), as well as curtail possible actions of terrorists.

As this brother stated, there is really nothing wrong with this. If it "was" the mark of the beast God would let us know, but the mark of the beast will probably not come in a way that is unawares for christians. You can't take the mark and lose your salvation and say to God "hey I never knew" you will know and it will be a choice much larger then just accepting a new card in the mail.

Does this [b]compromise us[/b] in our faith? Does it [b]blaspheme God[/b]? If not we should obey the rulers of the land and go ahead with what they are doing trusting God.

2008/1/24 8:42Profile
dbm

Lisle, Illinois

Re:

Mandatory mental health testing would make it very difficult for Christians to practice as psychology has consistently taught that Biblical faith is "unhealthy" and "extremist". If your child is in a public school under the New Freedom Comission they would be screened and by professing a faith in God they would be deemed unstable if they did not hedge that profession with some amount of relativism. If the screening determines that you are unstable this means mandatory medication for the good of the community/individual. The Real ID act is not just a card in the mail it is part of a broader group of legislation that is going to make it difficult for everyone to remain faithful. If you are deemed unstable this will go on into a database linked to your identity, this identity is also linked to the Real ID card. If you don't accept compulsory treatment you can be tracked through the ID and will be held legally liable to comply with the diagnosis. This is not paranoia it's just how technology works.

As for being the mark, I purposefully did not mention Revelations to avoid this comparison.

Christians should be aware of what is happening, but it is not my intention to spread fear or division. Truly God is all powerful and fear is not necessary. I pray that God leads us in this. Hopefully the information here has enough for people to prayerfully look into these issues as well. Not intending to bring strife I will let people discern through God the right path and let the topic lie if this is deemed unfit for the forum.

2008/1/24 8:55Profile

Re:

Hi Chris,

You asked

Quote:
If we consistently act in a way that is contrary or counter-productive to the mission and goals of this website and it's moderators, are we in danger of these things?

What do you think?

My point was.... that perhaps it is possible to recognise and acknowledge, for the good of the body of Christ, that there could be a difference between those pandering to the flesh who resist the government of God, and, a true spiritual awareness of the issues which face Christians.

EDIT: 1 Peter 4
1 Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin,
2 that he no longer should live the rest of [i]his[/i] time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God.

The above verses make an important distinction between the overcoming of sin in our own lives, and the resisting of evil [i]per se[/i] as part of living a life for the glory of God. I think this is what I'm trying to bring to public attention with regard to this thread and the others which also have tried to define the shape of evil in our era. I suspect this is not different from the shape of evil in former eras; or that the choices for Christians will differ much now, from then. Nevertheless, if as Christians we do not even perceive the evil (in [i]whatever[/i] form), there is [u]no way[/u] we will be able to resist it.

By this I do not mean to deny that some, being led by the Spirit, may well remain apparently [i]ignorant[/i], but by their intimacy with the Father, and obedience to His leading in their lives, may win through to victories needful for the name of Christ. But, the testimony of very many men of God, is that the go through a fire of realising that friends, family, local church leaders and those actively promoting evil in their local situations, [u]are against the truth[/u], and do not want to hear it preached; do not want to have it lived out in front of them. These men bravely chose to side with God. As I see it, this choice will keep coming up in our lives until we have either sided with God, or with the world. End of edit.

We are told to wrestle [u]not[/u] according to the flesh, but nevertheless to wrestle with the powers of darkness, of spiritual wickedness in high places, with evil.

We also have been warned by Christ Himself that the deceptions which would come [u]upon the church[/u] would be set upon deceiving the very elect. Are you suggesting we should see ourselves as individual warriors rather than as members of an army?

If so, do you propose those who do not discern this battle as clearly as others discern it, should not be [i]informed?[/i]

If so, how does this square with 'love one another', and the graphic picture scripture paints, of Christ, the Shepherd, carrying the weak and the young, and going at the pace of a nursing mother (sheep)?

2008/1/24 9:31
paula4jc

Re:

dbm,

I work in security IT for the FED for a number of years now and the growing technology that I see in deployment phase both here and over seas is frighting. Many people are too busy chasing the $ and being entertain to stop for meditation of the word and discerning of the time. As an IT security expert I assure you there's not a single technology that is hack proof, not one. My people suffer from lack of knowledge! Abound in faith, knowledge and love and have peace in the midst of the storm.

2008/1/24 9:41Profile

Re:

paula4jc said

Quote:
As an IT security expert I assure you there's not a single technology that is hack proof, not one.

Dear sister,

Thank you for this very welcome ray of hope! :-D

2008/1/24 10:04
dbm

Lisle, Illinois

Re:

Linn,

Thank you for posting the scripture from Ezekiel 9, it gives us much to pray on and further guidance on these issues. As do the further references you've posted...

and Chris thank you for being watchful of division, for seeking to call us to attention that fear is not Godly and for leading us to edify and not discourage through selfish desires and deceptions.

May God grant us all peace in the coming days.

2008/1/24 10:07Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Appreciation

Hi David,

Quote:
Christians should be aware of what is happening, but it is not my intention to spread fear or division. Truly God is all powerful and fear is not necessary. I pray that God leads us in this. Hopefully the information here has enough for people to prayerfully look into these issues as well. Not intending to bring strife I will let people discern through God the right path and let the topic lie if this is deemed unfit for the forum.

Just wanted to say that there is an appreciation for the way you have carried yourself here. Have just put up a post that has to do with these very things and not knowing how long you have tarried here with us wanted to further clarify the back dating, that is, these things have a variety and generality to them over a cousre of time.

If anything, you are exemplifying the right way of going about this and I wanted to acknowledge that. Haven't read everything in the links and some caution or perhaps better, testing also, may well be forwarded in those links presented, but your spirit is quite helpful.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=21919&forum=35] Testing all things on SermonIndex[/url]

2008/1/24 10:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy