Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Revival in Nagaland -tippit

[b]Revival in Nagaland[/b]
[i]by Sammy Tippit[/i]

In the northeastern part of India, in a place called Nagaland, is the most evangelical area of the world. Ninety-five percent of the people have been born again. They've had two major revivals take place in Nagaland in the last 50 years. God has moved in a mighty way.

Missionaries went there a hundred years ago and took the gospel of Jesus Christ. But Christians were persecuted. You go the Nagaland city, and, outside the city, you'll see a little community where the first Christians were because they were persecuted and run out of the city.

But in the 1950s, God brought them to the end of themselves, and they began to pray and seek the face of God and ask God to send a mighty revival and move and work. God sent a mighty, sweeping revival. Then, in the 1970s, God moved again in Nagaland in a tremendous way.

In 1987, I was with two young people from Nagaland, and I said, "Tell me about the revival. What's the characteristic of the revival?"

And they said, "Sammy, our churches are different than your churches."

I said, "In what way?"

They said, "We have a sanctuary like you have a sanctuary. Next to our sanctuary is a small building. In that room, 24 hours a day you'll find people praying and fasting and seeking the face of God there."

2008/1/23 15:41Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy