SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : I'm begging you for your prayers.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Talkn2u

Re: I'm begging you for your prayers.

You are in the most perfect place of all.

To be so aware and honest of how we fall short
in the light of His Face, and to be crushed and broken daily at the reality of His Holiness, truly is the best position to be in.

Rejoice...
You are in the Loving Hands of God, and in the ongoing process of being transformed, by His Spirit, into the Image of Christ.
That is quite obvious by your post.
And again I say, "Rejoice!"

Bonnie

2008/1/24 8:19Profile
running2win

Bowmansville Penssylvania USA

Re:

I'm praying for you bro. Keith! I know very well your experience as I've been there myself. I believe it was Correy Tenboom (sp?) who said "Look within and be depressed. Look without and be distressed. Look at Christ and be blessed."
Remember this, that faith is the victory. Don't let your feelings control how you think about your spiritual condition. "beloved, if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart and knoweth all things."

2008/1/24 8:48Profile
psalm1

hey bro, I am with you! Yes I believe anyone serious about the Lord goes through exactly what you describe! Maybe everyone has? But if you check out the movie Martin Luther your experience is almost like a script for the first part of that movie.
Remember one thing.....his strength is made perfect in your weakness.
You are not your own,you have been bought with a price.

Read the steadying books [chambers,watchman nee,spurgeon,wigglesworth]
Pray "Lord burn everything out of me that is not like you"
Then pray "now Lord inhabit those areas that are burned out."
If you are ready for God to use you you must submit to the "Jewelers hammer"

Get this picture.....The gold comes out of the furnace so beautiful.
but not useful.
The gold says"look at me so clean and shinny.I'm glad that furnace thing is over with.I'm set for life,I can be useful now"

..............Then come the shaping process with the hammer! WHAM,WHAM,WHAM.
THE GOLD IS JUST A BLOB WITHOUT THE HAMMER.

Your being shaped......so am I!

God bless you,
David

2008/1/24 9:21Profile
Sharlene

Houston, Tx

Re: I'm begging you for your prayers

Lord Jesus Christ, Keith has been poured-out drained of all strength I ask you to replenish/fill him-up with you Lord, your fruit.

Gal 5:22 love, peace, joy, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, & temperance.

Also with Ish 11:2 Isa. 11:2 And Keith, the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon you Keith, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD........

Forever, Amen!!!

2008/1/24 10:32Profile

Re:

Brother Keith

I was touched by your post Brother, your right where the LORD wants you to be. No, not in sin, sin is just the by product of His chastening. We WILL fall into divers temptations, some we will overcome, while many we will fall headlong into it.

Quote:
James 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

One of the reasons we are to count it all joy is because there is no condemnation for us because we are in Christ Jesus. UNDERSTAND that!? Get that into your spirit. You are in Christ Jesus and you do not walk after the flesh because we are not in the flesh, we are in the spirit.
Quote:
Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Your identity in Christ is spirit, you've been translated from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of His dear Son.

As true believers we do not relish in our sin, we hate it and we loathe it. So when we do sin we are overwhelmed and we give in. But that doesn't mean that God sees you as condemned, that is your mind doing that. Your condemning yourself for which Christ died. (we all do it but it doesn't make it right). Remember your in Christ whether you feel like it or not, it's a fact.

We will sin yes, but as we allow the holy Spirit to do His work by acknowledging our sin, acknowledging His work, acknowledging that you and I can't do anything to obtain our righteousness, He will do in us what we could never do in a million years.
Quote:
Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Keith, praying we will pray. However, you must start believing that your not a piece of trash. God knew what He was getting into when he saved you. The word of God states that when the children of Israel went into the land the LORD said that He wasn't going to drive out the strongholds of the land all at once, but He was going to do it little by little, LEST YOU FORGET HIM and are turned out of the way.
Quote:
Exodus 23:30 By little and little I will drive them out from before thee, until thou be increased, and inherit the land.

"Until thou be increased" when I read this line only one verse jumps out.
Quote:
Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:

Consider bondages to be blessings. Joseph was in bondage in a prison, yet it was turned into a blessing. Lift up the hands that hang down and thank God that He is stirring your heart, revealing sin in the life that He has purchased by His own blood. Yes, He puts the law in our inward parts that
Quote:
Romans 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid.[b]But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.[/b]

When you sin, don't give into the pity party, don't give into the lies, the condemnation. Shake yourself and be sober, it ain't easy (nothing ever is). Christ is not condemning you, you are!

When we sin, we are NOT walking after the flesh. Walking after the flesh is "habitually" walking after it. Now there will be occasions where we might continue in sin for a season, and as true believers that hate sin, it's a result of a lack of knowledge, we are perishing in our minds over what Christ has accomplished and we don't have a clue what the grace of God is all about.

Get the book by Watchman Nee, "The Normal Christian Life". It will give you all the necessary information on who you are in Christ Jesus, and the problem of the sin nature. If you can't afford to buy one, PM me and I'll send you one free of charge.

In my opinion, I think that every person that gets born again, should be given this book before given any other book, it'd save us a lot of heartache and woe.

God Bless you Brother.

2008/1/24 10:57
BrianPaul

Moorpark, CA

Read the Psalms brother. Doesn't and shouldn't get any better than the Word of God. Ill tell you your experience blesses me and encourages me. I see the fight in you. I have a great promise for you and its in this quote, "Christianity is not, N O T, not, a sinning religion its a victorious religion." - -Leonard Ravenhill. my brother the victory from on high is on His way. I have faith in God that He will show you His victory over your flesh.

Amen, this is great. Your experience comes from nowhere but God. Amen.

2008/1/24 13:18Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Brothers and Sisters,

I can't tell you how much your prayers and encouragement mean to me. After I posted my request, I signed-off and haven't signed back in so that I can seek God with all my heart. I've been like a starving man seeking bread.

At the time I posted this prayer request, God had quite a hold of me. It was painful and awesome at the same time. He's working marvelously in my life and He's not done yet.

I believe God is doing a work in the lives of people who are seeking Him [i]desperately[/i], desiring to make HIm their life. I also believe there is coming a time when those who are not absolutely grounded and deeply rooted in their relationship with God are going to stumble away. I don't know how to word it, but there has been a tremendous urgency in my spirit. God is doing a work in me that is very difficult, but it feels like it's being speeded up. I'm being broken and rebuilt for a purpose and a time. I don't know how I know that, I just do.

Concerns and desires that I had even a month ago are like faded memories. Now it's just Him. A readiness mentality. Peace.

I'll be back online later. I signed in to post a sermon by David Wilkerson and wanted to respond here, too. Thank you again for your prayers. They're being answered.

2008/1/29 21:08Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Praying.

Be encouraged about our Lord's heart:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30 (KJV)

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:28-30 (NIV)

:-)

2008/1/29 21:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy