SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : inerrant Bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

inerrant Bible?

Dear SIers

I have seen numerous posts about the inerrancy of the Bible on this website and I wanted to make a comment, because this view is dangerous.

First of all, the ascertion by many Christians that all of the Bible is true goes against the certainty that nothing produced by human hands can be perfect. Only the Word of God can accomplish perfection; the Bible is the word of God, as interpreted and recorded by fallible human beings.

Next, this belief creates a stumbling block for many people. The idea that you have to believe everything in the Bible is true, or no part of it is trustworthy, is insidious. (Why not just tell people to not use the brains God gave them?)

Additionally, it creates a serious problem for the Christian; even if one small part of the Bible can be proven untrue, then, by the reasoning of many Christians, all of it is questionable.

For example let's check just one verse, Genesis 1:29: Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you."

Well, we all know that there are poisonous seed bearing plants that will kill us if we eat them. But Genesis says EVERY plant yeilding seed is "food for you." clearly Genesis is incorrect. we cannot eat every seed bearing plant.

This is just one small expample.

What concerns me most is that in the future someone that opposes the Church and Christianity will make the claim (that the Bible is perfect)out to be completely ridiculous; doing so will make people who hold this claim out to be complete fools.

Lastly, this belief is to challenge God for a guarantee. We must have a perfect book (perfect instructions) in order to be faithful Christians. I don't think God operates that way. Christianity is not a bargain we strike with God.

bub

2008/1/22 15:50

Re: inerrant Bible?

My that sounds familiar.

Where do YOU propose we draw the line on What IS innerant and what Isn't ?

2008/1/22 15:52
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: inerrant Bible?

Quote:
I have seen numerous posts about the inerrancy of the Bible on this website and I wanted to make a comment, because this view is dangerous.

Personally this is not up for discussion, this is a matter that you can find out and pray to God about by yourself but this forum is not a place to discuss these matters. It rather is a place for people who know and believe the truth of God to fellowship and exhort one another daily.

[i]”Take heed brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God, But exhort one another daily, while it is called Today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.” Heb. 3:12-13[/i]

I am [b]locking[/b] this thread.

2008/1/22 15:55Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy