Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Stock Markets Plunge Worldwide

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Stock Markets Plunge Worldwide

[b]Stock Markets Plunge Worldwide[/b]

LONDON (AP) - Stocks fell sharply worldwide Monday following declines on Wall Street last week amid investor pessimism over the U.S. government's stimulus plan to prevent a recession.
U.S. markets were closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, but the downbeat mood from last week's market declines there circled through Europe, Asia and the Americas. Britain's benchmark FTSE-100 slumped 5.5 percent to 5,578.20, France's CAC-40 Index tumbled 6.8 percent to 4,744.15, and Germany's blue-chip DAX 30 plunged 7.2 percent to 6,790.19.

In Asia, India's benchmark stock index tumbled 7.4 percent, while Hong Kong's blue-chip Hang Seng index plummeted 5.5 percent to 23,818.86, its biggest percentage drop since the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks.

Canadian stocks fell as well, with the S&P/TSX composite index on the Toronto Stock Exchange down 4 percent in early afternoon trading. In Brazil, stocks plunged ...

read more: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8UADLH00&show_article=1

2008/1/21 19:36Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re: Stock Markets Plunge Worldwide

I'm not a financial guru, but I know this isn't good. I pray that people will finally have had enough of trying to manage their own affairs through this that they surrender all to God. If only they knew that He is greater than the stock markets.

2008/1/22 9:17Profile

Re: Stock Markets Plunge Worldwide

I've known for a long time (since reading about a related matter some years ago) that Stock Market movements are being engineered by people with the buying and selling power to do so.

If you take time to read the article which pastorfrin posted [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=21873&forum=48&3]here[/url], you'll begin to get a feel for it. There are, of course, wealthy bankers in other countries, and from time to time they create falls in each others' markets. To some extent, this confuses the ordinary punter.

I began to be suspicious of the 'buy your own home' programme in the UK, when there were various peculiar restrictions put on corporate sellers like local authority stock holders. The further opening of stocks and shares to small private buyers also, made me understand that in principle (as the article says), this is a way to defray losses down on the small holders - 'the little people'. We are the 'little people' that Jesus came to save. ([i]Big people[/i] who are saved, have to work very hard not to be prevented from eternal life, by their material wealth.)

2008/1/22 9:51

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy