SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : May my life be remolded into HIS image

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
donnaemmons9

May my life be remolded into HIS image

Malachi 3:2 says but who may abide the day of HIS coming? And who shall stand when HE appeareth? For HE is like a refiners fire and like fullers soap.

GOD refines HIS people into HIS image. To refine something is to free it from impurities or unwanted qualities, free from moral imperfection, to free from that which is coarse.This is done by pruning and polishing.Our goal in the Christian life shuld be to me more like JESUS. There is a cost for this. The HOLY SPIRIT reveals to us things in our lives that we need to crucify so HIS beauty can flow out of our lives. By dying to self we become closer to GOD and HE is able to use us to a greater degree.

Arthur Pierson said our FATHER who seeks to perfect HIS saints in holiness, knows the value of the REFINERS fire. It is with the most precious metals that HE takes the most pains and subjects them to the hot fire, because such fire melts the metal and only the molten mass releases its alloy or takes perfectly its new form in the mold. The old REFINER never leaves its crucible but sits down by it lest there shuold be one excessive degree of heat to mar the metal. But as soon as soon as HE skims from the surface the last of the dross and sees HIS own face reflected HE puts out the fire.

A REFINERS fire does not destroy indiscriminately. It refines. It melts down the bar of gold, seperates out the impurities that ruin its value, burns them up and leaves the gold intact. The furance of affliction by which GOD chooses to purify HIS people is always for refinement never for destruction.

The SILVERSMITH when HE purifies silver has to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames are the hottest so as to burn away all the impurities. The SILVERSMITH sits in front of the fire the whole time the silver is being refined to hold it there and keep HIS eye on it. If left a moment too long it is destroyed and HIS purpose is not for destruction. Once again, HE knows it is refined when HE sees HIS image in it.

It is worth all the pain we have to experience to be remolded into HIS image. Knowing this allows us to rejoice.

REFINERS fire
My hearts one desire
Is to be holy
Set apart for YOU LORD
I choose to be holy
Set apart for YOU, my MASTER
Ready to do YOUR will

2008/1/21 11:42Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: May my life be remolded into HIS image

Thanks donnaemmons9 for a good work to The Body
I think your image is coming along gloriously.

And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

2008/1/31 7:35Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy