SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : British Sovereignty disappearing under an EU door

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

British Sovereignty disappearing under an EU door

Gordon Brown is facing renewed calls from rebel MPs for a referendum on the European Union treaty.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7198580.stm]MPs renew calls for EU referendum [/url]

Mr Brown signed the Lisbon Treaty, as did other EU heads of state, in December. But it has to be ratified by all EU parliaments, before coming into force - something which begins in Westminster on Monday.

[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7198546.stm]Brown announces India aid package [/url]

Gordon Brown has announced a new package of development aid for India, worth [b]£825m[/b] over the next three years.

(That is a [i]lot[/i] of money... )

2008/1/20 20:39
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: British Sovereignty disappearing under an EU door

Referendum or not, the time of the British monarch is coming to a close.

I don't want it, but it is inevitable.

The money for India is a drop in the ocean for a nation of over 1 billion people.

I saw part of a programme last night about Zimbabwe.

The jounalist, John Simpson went to a restaurant to eat with a friend.

The cost of the meal was 250,000,000 Zimbabwe dollars. The tip was 10,000,000.

Aren't you glad for Jesus?

God bless.

2008/1/21 5:40Profile

Re: British Sovereignty disappearing under an EU door

enid asked

Quote:
Aren't you glad for Jesus?

Definitely.

It is difficult to know how much to believe in the inevitability of world events, and how much to believe God's plan also needs us here 'for the truth's sake' (engaging with His will, because no-one else is going to show the Way to the only Door to safety.

That is: JESUS CHRIST.

2008/1/21 10:37

Re:

Quote:
Referendum or not, the time of the British monarch is coming to a close.

It's been closing out for years now. When the Queen dies, it will be just a side show, a wealthy family with an in depth historical background. Here in Canada, we have a deep respect for HRH Queen Elizabeth. She's on our dollar and our coins, and the last time I checked her picture is still in our courts and schools.

God Save Our Gracious Queen.

2008/1/21 12:27

Re:

A brother had sent me a few months ago, yahoo-news article about Tony Blair wanted by Europe to be The President of Europe come 1/09.

Last nite they announced it on the BBC World Service radio that this is so.

He is yet to make a public acceptance.

Said that Mr. Brown desires this also.

They said he would then be called, "Mr. Europe".

2008/2/7 15:04

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy