SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : THE MUST SEE teaching of your lifetime!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

THE MUST SEE teaching of your lifetime!

Anyone who has not seen the video teaching of Leonard, bless his heart, Ravenhill's called [url=http://downloads2.sermonindex.us/4/SID4533.asf]The Judgement Seat of Christ[/url] really must take the time to watch it!

It really is [b][i]THE[/i] MUST SEE[/b] teaching for everyone. After all, when its all said and done, this is what it comes down to.

Brother Ravenhill brings a reality to this teaching like nothing I've ever heard before!

2008/1/20 16:35Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: THE MUST SEE teaching of your lifetime!

Amen, and it is worth watching at least one time every six months again and again, to keep one eye on the judgment seat and the other on a perishing world as he says.

May we not only be challenged by this, let is change us. Our way of living

God have mercy

2008/1/20 16:57Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

hmmhmm wrote:

Quote:

I'm bursting at the seams because of this teaching! I get so excited I can't stay seated! This teaching combined with the things I've been seeking God for are not only changing my life, but [i]revolutionizing[/i] it!

Things are becoming [i]so clear[/i] to me now! How proud, stubborn and arrogant (not to mention idiotic) I've been all these years to try to control my own life! How stupid to think that I could do just fine by making my own decisions! Instead I've made a mess of [i]everything[/i] and boasted about it like I did something wonderful!

But all this time - these many long years - [i]God[/i] desired me for Himself! Not only did He know me and have a plan for me, but He fully created me! If I made a birdhouse and that birdhouse thought it would have a better life by being a radio instead, it's going to have a miserable time of it! It can never be a radio because it wasn't created with that in mind. It doesn't have the right parts to be a radio! It can pretend for a time when a bird nests inside of it and sings her song, but that's just an illusion. It would best serve its maker, and the world, by being what it was created to be. It has all the right parts to be a great birdhouse. It will shelter and protect those its meant to, standing up against any storm. And the song of the bird will be its reward! That's a much greater plan than the birdhouse had to be a radio all along, isn't it? Of course! (The Holy Spirit just spoke that analogy to me and I'm overwhelmed! How does a human body contain this amount of joy without shattering into millions of pieces?!)

So, that's what I'm going to do! Be what I was created to be. And to know who that is and how that is and when that is and everything that's involved, I need to stay in the Word and in prayer with the One that created me.

If I soak in His Word daily, repeatedly, meditating on it, He will imprint His Word in me so its there, ready and waiting for action! And when I stay in prayer and fellowship with Him, I'll know His voice, even when it whispers in the midst of a raging storm! I won't be able to mistake it! His will will be known to me!

The world's traps, entertainments, deceptions, and lies will be foreign to me. They won't be attractive or tempting to me because I will have the Truth hidden in me! The scourge and disapproval of people won't matter because I'll have the approval of the One from whom it [i]does[/i] matter and I'll have peace in that!

I wish I had the words for how my spirit is rejoicing! I am too small to convey them. [i]The Father is EVERYTHING![/i] No amount of money, merchandise, job, comfort, dream, desire or pleasure can even come close to comparing to Him! And no tribulation, hardship, illness, or persecution is too high a price to pay because He's already won the victory!

[i]THIS LIFE IN HIM IS [b]REAL![/b][/i]

2008/1/20 17:46Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

brother, you are like a fresh warm spring wind after a hard winter....

your presance bless me

Christian

2008/1/20 17:51Profile

Re:

Hi Bro SL

I think I'm called to be a birdhouse too! Or maybe a potpourri?

2Cor 2:14
[color=990000]14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.[/color]

The context is the time Paul got so lonely, when Tirus didn't show, that he gave up - got so restless and miserable that he couldn't even preach! (At least that's how I read it)

Even our weaknesses and failures can be for His glory! I've proved it more than once!

Especially when trying to be a radio, without the required parts!

Hallelujah!

in Him

2008/1/20 18:01
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Brother Keith, you are God sent refreshing between us here. And standing as a living testimony of God's faithfulness amongst the greatest falling away and apostasy in the history of the church that we are living now.

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
Amen, and it is worth watching at least one time every six months again and again, to keep one eye on the judgment seat and the other on a perishing world as he says.

God have mercy

Amen! This is well said and I agree that it is worth watching again and again. This message is timeless.

2008/1/20 18:04Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

God is so magnificent! Holy, Awesome, Terrible and Loving and Just is He! All of His ways are perfect and His judgement is right! No one is good but the Father!

Rejected and scorned by His own creation, He loved us so much to send His only [i]Son[/i] to pay the most terrible price, in full, in order to make a way back to Himself! [i]There is no greater love![/i] To be forgiven and righteous in His eyes! After all the filth man could dream of doing was thrown in the Father's face, He loves us! Justice [i]demands[/i] eternal torment and justice [i]must[/i] be served! This is how holy the Father is! He can't be anything else or He wouldn't be God! But the price! The [i]impossible[/i] price for our redemption [i]made a way[/i]! We've been ransomed!

How can anything short of giving our very lives for His plan and glory be enough? [i]ALL[/i] glory belongs to Him! Not only is the gate narrow, so is the path that leads to it. No man can hope to enter it without walking every day of His life in total dependence on Jesus!

As if our redemption wasn't enough, the Father gave us His unbreakable Word! It's full of love and hope and guidance and promises and warnings and correction for our protection! It's a love letter and its a weapon! Through hearing His Word we can have faith that would do anything we ask in His name! To not devour it and delight in His law is lunacy and an insult! To pick it apart and dissect it and twist it for our own purposes is sickening! As St. Augustine said, "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself."

Having His Word in written form, to hold in our hands, openly is a privilege! An eternity with Him will never be enough to learn it all! Yet we give so little time to it. Forgive us, Lord.

But, I can [i]see[/i] now! The foolishness of men and their petty doctrinal arguments! Pride! The Holy Spirit is waiting to teach us if we'll only put aside everything we think we know and die to ourselves daily! We need to stop arguing and debating among ourselves and start seeking only the Father. Anytime the disciples argued over what was better or right to do, they were wrong! They had Jesus there in person and they were still wrong! The answer is always in Him, listening to Him and meditating on Him and His Word. Seek [i]God[/i] first (not the opinions of man). Seek [i]His[/i] righteousness, not our own or our own version of it! And seek His [i]righteousness[/i]! Don't seek to [i]be right[/i]!

Again, words fail to do justice to what's in my heart and still, I use too many of them. I'm weak. Forgive me. I'm far from perfect and have not yet learned to walk in these ways. [i]But I [b]see[/b]![/i] And I will not stop striving to do so until my final breath is gone.

May the Holy name of the Lord be glorified forever and ever! The most glorious thing is... it will be! Hallelujah!

2008/1/20 19:37Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

SimpleLiving wrote:
But, I can [i]see[/i] now! The foolishness of men and their petty doctrinal arguments! Pride! The Holy Spirit is waiting to teach us if we'll only put aside everything we think we know and die to ourselves daily! We need to stop arguing and debating among ourselves and start seeking only the Father.

Amen! and Amen! and another Amen! on that Brother.

2008/1/20 19:57Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

The importance of this topic cannot be stressed enough. When studied in conjunction with Brother Jonathan Edwards message, [i]Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God[/i], no one can dare claim they have not been warned! Yet, countless people make light of it.

Below is just one paragraph from [i]Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God[/i]. Its good to keep in mind as to the extent of the wrath of God that awaits those who do not repent and live their lives for Him. Read the following paragraph (emphasis mine) and keep it in mind as you watch and listen to Brother Ravenhill talk about the Day of Judgement. Only a stone cold heart could walk away unaffected and unrepentant.
----
It is everlasting wrath. It would be dreadful to suffer this fierceness and wrath of Almighty God [i]one moment[/i]; but you must suffer it to all eternity. There will be no end to this exquisite horrible misery. When you look forward, you shall see a long for ever, a boundless duration before you, which will swallow up your thoughts, and amaze your soul; and you will absolutely despair of ever having any deliverance, any end, any mitigation, any rest at all. [b]You will know certainly that you must wear out long ages, millions of millions of ages, in wrestling and conflicting with this almighty merciless vengeance; [i]and then when you have so done, when so many ages have actually been spent by you in this manner, [u]you will know that all is but a point to what remains.[/u][/i][/b] So that your punishment will indeed be[i] infinite.[/i] Oh, who can express what the state of a soul in such circumstances is! All that we can possibly say about it, gives but a very feeble, faint representation of it; it is inexpressible and inconceivable: For "who knows the power of God's anger?"

2008/1/20 22:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy