SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tithing

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
learnagain

Tithing

HI, I have read a lot of the arguments about tithing, and not tithing. I have the same arguments as most of you about not tihing. I still do not tithe, but I have an interesting scripture that Jesus spoke when speaking to the Pharisees and other Religious leaders about this issue. Matthew 23:23 Woe to you, teachers of the law and pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices mint, dill, and cummin. BUt you have negelcted the more important matters of the law justice, mercy and faithfulness. YOU SHOULD HAVE PRACTICED THE LATTER WITHOUT NEGLECTING THE FORMER. So jesus said that they should have still tithed but he told them to not neglect justice mercy and faithfulness. It still sounds relevant here so I am up in the air about it. Maybe this was for Jews and not us Gentiles who knows. ALl I know is I ought to give and do it cheerfully. If I want to give to people personally than why not. I should probably study these things since my great grandma was full blooded german Jew.

2008/1/20 0:19Profile
psalm1

Re: Tithing

this is my take, the new testament was not yet in effect at that time.
Under the new testament there is never a tenth of anything[to the best of my knowledge]
Under the new we now have "a whole" or "all"
All your money is his
All your life is his
All your possessions are his
All your ambitions are his
The first fruits is no longer a offering but a person....Jesus.
A tenth is a tip. We are covenant people and we are priests.
We administer alms and sustenance to the poor and needy as the spirit leads.
I do believe in supporting your church or ministry. but our finances are now much more far reaching than the "Sunday morning tenth"

bless you bro,

David

2008/1/20 0:52Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re: Tithing

"...You give a tenth of your spices mint, dill, and cummin. BUt you have negelcted the more important matters of the law justice, mercy and faithfulness. YOU SHOULD HAVE PRACTICED THE LATTER WITHOUT NEGLECTING THE FORMER."

Pay attention to this: you give a tenth of your SPICES MINT, DILL, AND CUMMIN-this is not money, but exactly what Jesus called it, spices-food.

2008/1/20 8:28Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy