SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : "The Emergent Church": Mark Driscoll tells all!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Tom

i'm on a steep learning curve about those who claim to follow Christ.

i read posts like yours, just full of venom, sarcasm, such as

Quote:

I'm really glad that all you desire to do is find:

"His Warmth, His Love, My Father"... [and] everything else is just wearisome." Nathan4Jesus

THATS GOOD. but that, and only that,is not the entire gospel.

you're NOT glad that's What i desire, and you DONT think "that's good", those are just sarcastic rhetorical buttons.

do you think me stupid?

some of what you wrote to me, just stinks to high heaven of everything foul nesting in the human heart, such as this close to your post:

Quote:
If your led to devotions, then do so, but please don't whine against others who are fulfilling the word to stand and contend against the evil one and his deceived ones.

Enjoy your devotions.

God have mercy on your soul Tom, coz i think the devil has you by the scruff of the neck, writing garbage like that to me.

you should be ashamed of yourself.

But you know what Tom? God is good, because He is showing me, the LESS i write on these forums, the more time i have for devotions....and yes, thank you devil, i WILL enjoy my devotions.

i was addressing that last to the devil, not you Tom. you were just being used by him.

2010/11/29 14:00

Re: Tom

Dear brother Neil,

Peace, in Jesus' name.

The men who were guarding the sheep by night are the ones our Father chose first to hear the announcement of His Son's birth. They were MEN, doing MEN's work.

No-one grudges you time in prayer and Bible study. It is you who seem to grudge the Lord His servants of a different calling.

Why take their singlemindedness about our Father's command upon their lives, and God-given concern for the whole Church, as a personal insult to you?

I'm not excusing anything which is genuinely serious enough to offend you, but just asking... was it ... really?

May the Lord bless you ABUNDANTLY today.

2010/11/29 14:49

Re:

Tom and Neil, I know you both and love you both. You both have more in common than you have in disagreement.

2010/11/29 15:09
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
Tom and Neil, I know you both and love you both. You both have more in common than you have in disagreement.

pilgrim you took the words out of my mouth, or fingers.

2010/11/29 15:11Profile
hoohoou

Texas

Re:

This thread originally was about a video of Mark Driscoll denouncing the emergent movement. Did anyone watch the video? Has anyone denouncing him ever spent any time listening to his "false gospel" themselves? He has been called emergent many times on this thread by those denouncing him so I would venture to say that no one who is denouncing him really knows anything about Mark Driscoll. He does not preach cheap grace or easy believism. I don't agree with everything he says and don't like a lot of what he says. But to sit back from afar and parrot what John Mc. says is shameful. You sit here and criticize and call a man who is giving his life for the gospel a false prophet. He is not an apostle and his writings are not gospel, but that's a far cry from leading people to hell.

Not only have people continually called Driscoll emergent but you have accused him of being post-modern. Please research terms before you denounce someone for being something as evil as being smart. It's not something you choose to be it is simply a way of looking at the world do to the circumstances you were born into. It is neither a negative nor a positive.

For Greg to say that what is preached and lived at Mars Hill is not real Christianity because of texting in church is pharasaical at best. It sounds as if a snap judgement was made because it didn't look like it should. Point 96.

The man ministers in Seattle which is one of the most Godless places in America. They don't understand our language. It doesn't excuse cursing or crass language. But to sit here and say it's false or "not real" is highly judgemental. He is preaching the Gospel to a people who don't know anything but lies about Jesus. He is preaching the supremacy of Christ. It's obvious that people are just taking blind stabs at him because they can't even get their labels right.

2010/11/29 15:53Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: "The Emergent Church": Mark Driscoll tells all!

To those who tried... God bless you!

This is what I was trying to get at... the process that one uses to find out if someone is a false teacher. He explains his here.

I was reading this from moriel.org website and you know what? It is straight-forward and the author actually listened to his messages and made a decision; which I can respect.

Title: Mark Driscoll?

http://moriel.org/MorielArchive/index.php/discernment/church-issues/popular-teachers/mark-driscoll

God bless!!
Lisa

2010/11/30 22:14Profile

Re:

That's a great article Lisa.

Do you know if Jacob talks about the Hebrew Roots Movement (Returning to our Jewish Roots). I scanned his website and did not see anything.

Update: I found something. Reading it now.
http://moriel.org/MorielArchive/index.php/discernment/ruckmanism/seduction-of-the-hebrew-root-movement

2010/12/1 0:52

full of venom, sarcasm..stinking. Driscoll? No...another guy.

"I'm on a steep learning curve about those who claim to follow Christ.

I read posts like yours, just full of venom, sarcasm, such as;
"I'm really glad that all you desire to do is find:

"His Warmth, His Love, My Father"... [and] everything else is just wearisome." Nathan4Jesus
THATS GOOD. but that, and only that,is not the entire gospel."............Brothertom [original]

"You're NOT glad that's What i desire, and you DONT think "that's good", those are just sarcastic rhetorical buttons.

do you think me stupid?".......

[No, but defensive and angry...over what?]..Tom

"Some of what you wrote to me, just stinks to high heaven of everything foul nesting in the human heart, such as this close to your post:"..

[ Everything foul?"]...Tom

"If your led to devotions, then do so, but please don't whine against others who are fulfilling the word to stand and contend against the evil one and his deceived ones."
"Enjoy your devotions."..Tom original......

"God have mercy on your soul Tom, coz i think the devil has you by the scruff of the neck, writing garbage like that to me.'
"You should be ashamed of yourself."

But you know what Tom? God is good, because He is showing me, the LESS i write on these forums, the more time i have for devotions....and yes, thank you devil, i WILL enjoy my devotions.

i was addressing that last to the devil, not you Tom. you were just being used by him." Natan4Jesus..................................

"Do you think me stupid?" Nathan.........

Today,,,,,,[Well.. possibly a bit angry, and possibly enamored by your own sense of right. I just disagreed with your assessment. Why are you so angry?
...................This is my qoute...
30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.

31 So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears." ..................................KEEP WATCH OVER YOURSELVES AND THE FLOCK. "Proclaim the whole counsel of God!"

This is largely what this thread is about, and others like it.

Do you think that after 3 years, day and night, that Paul may have become weary? I think so. But yet, he never stopped warning, and exposing.

This thread is a question about exactly that; whether the emergent, extreme grace gospel of Mark Driscoll is a valid path of the true gospel. If it is not, but error, then the souls of the naive might be captured, and end up in the eternal Lake of fire. Am I my brother's keeper?

I'm really glad that all you desire to do is find:

THATS GOOD. but that, and only that,is not the entire gospel. Part of love is TO:

JUDE.. 3...
"contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." [....See post 6 or 7 down....]

Is this wearisome? venomous? sarcastic?, stinking?..Used by the Devil?

sigh......As I said; enjoy your devotions. I sincerely hope you find Jesus in them.
Brothertom.

2010/12/1 1:01

Re: full of venom, sarcasm..stinking. Driscoll? No...another guy.

Quote:
I was reading this from moriel.org website and you know what? It is straight-forward and the author actually listened to his messages and made a decision; which I can respect.

In my humble opinion, Jacob Prasch is one of the best Biblical expositors and teachers out there today. His discernment ministry is fantastic, and his end times teaching is quite interesting. I think most would do well to check his ministry out.

They even have quite a few of his sermons here on SermonIndex. Good stuff.

2010/12/1 1:18
jimp

Re:

hi, the internet is impersonal and people get away with rudeness because of it.i remember a day in the 50s that a greaser came into a coffee shop and ask where he could find tommy and the 6ft 5in 235lb tommy stood up and said you found me.the other guy said its nice to meet you.bring back the good old days.jimp

2010/12/1 7:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy