SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : "The Emergent Church": Mark Driscoll tells all!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Determining process

What is your process to determine a false teacher? Anyone?

Is there a particular verse(s) that you use to compare or contrast against what you yourself have heard this (supposed) false teacher say? To know would help me tremendously b/c I could use that same process!

God bless you,
Lisa

2010/11/29 7:47Profile

Re: Determining process

Hi Lisa,

I am only talking about "judging" and am not familiar with Mark Driscoll.

2010/11/29 8:39
Lysa

judging process then

The thread is about Mark Driscoll. :)

God bless,
Lisa

2010/11/29 9:22Profile
EverestoSama

Re: judging process then

Quote:

And what he teaches to countless Gospel ignorant thousands.

2010/11/29 9:53Profile
Lysa

Re:

Quote:

Quote:

by EverestoSama
And what he teaches to countless Gospel ignorant thousands.

Exactly, everest!!

I humbly ask again to all...

What is your process to determine a false teacher? Anyone?

Is there a particular verse(s) that you use to compare or contrast against what you yourself have heard this (supposed) false teacher say? To know would help me tremendously b/c I could use that same process!

God bless you,
Lisa

2010/11/29 10:11Profile

Re:

Not exactly sure what you're looking for in your question Lisa, but Brothertom and I both gave testimony, as did one or two others of how this man conducts himself in his 'ministry'.

The only "process" that The Word speaks of is 'Knowing' the Word of GOD for ourselves, so that upon hearing or seeing error we are protected. That's our only plumbline for discerning doctrine and behaviors. If we are truly dedicated to His Word, in study with prayer - He promises that His sheep will only follow The Word of GOD.

If no Scriptures have come to your mind from Brothertom's adequate exposition on this man or the other Brother's, well - I just doubt that could be the case with you.
I have more confidence that not a few Scripture verses will come to your mind, after reading and thinking this over again.

Our only plumbline is His Word - as that is what is written - it's our only defense - Vital part of the true Armor.

2010/11/29 11:13

Re:

wearisome, wearisome, wearisome.

forget all these men, these "teachers", and these books, and these video's, and all the stuff of seminaries, and christianese, and the games, and the collection plates, and the meetings, and the trafficking in decisions, and denominations, and "christian tv", christian "music", and "culture wars" and whining about "sharia law" coming to a mall near you. forget all of it,

its dross, hay stubble, its temporal, its all an illusion, the only real question is:

DO WE KNOW GOD?

face to Face?

all i want to do is speak to Him, like a Friend....and listen to Him, HEAR Him, like my Father that He is, disobedient stiff necked child that i am. Have mercy on me, i'm desperate, hungry, thirsty, naked, and a sinful man amongst a sinful people...have Mercy on me, so that i may be of some,, any use to You Abba God.

i just want to peek thru the Open Door, because i am soul sick of the world, soul sick of my sin, my unprofitableness.

if i'm going to be crushed, lonely, hungry, scorned, let it be by man, the world and the devil, and in my weakness, let me get so desperate that i break every bone in my body reaching for the Hem of the Garment of Jesus.

let my impoverishment be worldy poverty, for i beg God to give me back what the moths have eaten, and to be Rich in Christ, to know God, which is True Wealth, Real Food and Living Waters.

Praise God for the desolate places, the caves and the cold, so i can beg Him to kindle a Fire in my soul.

His Warmth, His Love, My Father...everything else is just wearisome.

Help me know You Lord, help my kin know You Lord, turn us from the things of man, and back towards You again..please, amen.

2010/11/29 11:26

Re:

Thank you Neil, I needed that and am repenting.

I am reminded of Psalm 103:7.

Psa 103:7 He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.

We are so very much like Israel of old. The majority of Christians know his acts but so very, very few know His ways.

Knowing His ways is knowing Him.

Lord help us to not follow after all these "distractions" and clever traps of the enemy that just feed our flesh. But help us to follow hard after you, to know your ways, your heart.

2010/11/29 11:34

Re:

Some poster asked earlier if I am "oneness". I feel, for the most part, that anyone who asks to know my doctrinal beliefs, has every right to ask, according to His Word.

How we seperate "The WORD of GOD" from "The WORD of GOD" "wearies me" more than anything on earth or any untruth on earth.

I know that in some countries, the people do not have access to even one page of the N.T. - but I know from my early days in Christ - that His Word is true - that His Spirit of Truth will lead us into all truth and that His Sheep "won't follow another" .... such as these false prophets and teachers that Jesus warned us will come and that He warned that we should "watch out for" - and to protect His flock from - if we're able.

I know from reading Paul's epistles that no man was more "weary" than he was, in having to battle and contend for the truth - because he knew that "The Truth" is synonomous with "The Truth" Who is our Christ Jesus.
He cannot be seperated from His Word. He is The Word of GOD. I don't weary of saying that because it's marvelous and beautiful.

To the brother who asked if I'm "oneness" - Why would my sign-on-name provoke that question. :)

Jesus IS God.

There is Only One GOD.

Creator GOD was on that Cross.

GOD is Tripartite or Triune - nevertheless One GOD.

And we're created tripartite, yet are one person.

Reading Philippians 3 - the whole chpt. Bless GOD!

2010/11/29 13:00

Re: and Cain said;"Am I my brother's keeper?"

"wearisome, wearisome, wearisome."
its dross, hay stubble, its temporal, its all an illusion, the only real question is:
DO WE KNOW GOD?
face to Face?

It is wearisome, no doubt Neil.

The fact that false prophets, deceivers and heretics never quit trying to devour God's people was a bit wearisome to all of the shepherds in the bible also.
ACTS 20.
25 “Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again.

26 Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of any of you.

27 For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God.

28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.

30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.

31 So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears." ..................................KEEP WATCH OVER YOURSELVES AND THE FLOCK. "Proclaim the whole counsel of God!"

This is largely what this thread is about, and others like it.

Do you think that after 3 years, day and night, that Paul may have become weary? I think so. But yet, he never stopped warning, and exposing.

This thread is a question about exactly that; whether the emergent, extreme grace gospel of Mark Driscoll is a valid path of the true gospel. If it is not, but error, then the souls of the naive might be captured, and end up in the eternal Lake of fire. Am I my brother's keeper?

I'm really glad that all you desire to do is find:

"His Warmth, His Love, My Father"... [and] everything else is just wearisome." Nathan4Jesus

THATS GOOD. but that, and only that,is not the entire gospel. Part of love is TO:

JUDE.. 3...
"contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints."

4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.!"

Mark Driscoll comes close to this, as do many others; some more corrupt.

These are real issues; real animals who devour the simple and young. There is error, and in these last days, a flood of error that the bible says will cause a "GREAT FALLING AWAY."

THIS IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS WE SHOULD DO! CONTEND! If your led to devotions, then do so, but please don't whine against others who are fulfilling the word to stand and contend against the evil one and his deceived ones.

Enjoy your devotions. The thread itself is about our opinions and counsel in this exact matter.

2010/11/29 13:16

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy