SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Run The Race Set Before You

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
donnaemmons9

Run The Race Set Before You

Hebrews 12:1-2 says Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto JESUS, the author and finisher of our faith who for the joy that was set before HIM endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of GOD.

Weights that ensnare us could be thoughts, actions, attitudes or words. Runners dont burden themsleves with unneeded weights. You cant run a race well when you have a bunch of suitcases and bags to carry. These are the things GOD wants to carry for us.

There is a sin of neglect. For me it is neglecting what the word of GOD says I am. I am not talking about a cheap easy self improvement project but one requiring humbling of myself and embracing HIS cross. By allowing HIM to do this work I can recieve HIS inner healing so I can believe the thughts HE has for me and not be shaken in the time of storm. I have to ask myself are my thoughts contradicting GODS word?

Some things are worthy of treasuring all of our lives while others belong in the dumpster. We have a tendency to cling to the familiar even if it proves detrimental to us. We cling to self defeating and destructive behaviors.

We have to lay aside every thought we want to believe about ourselves and follow the LORD. satan loves to creep up on us and tempt us and before we know it we have fallen again. GOD extends HIS love and grace for those times.

We dont have the privilege or right to think our own thoughts. That is part of running the race GOD set before us. Somnetimes it is so hard to run the race. We get tired of struggling with the other voices that seem to be so loud. Even then GOD reminds us how much we need HIM. We do not run alone for JESUS is running with us.

When we choose our own thoughts it is distracting us from keeping our mind stayed upon HIM. We need to fix our eyes upon HIM. I encourage you to run, persevere, fight, be alert, be strenghtened. Dont be sluggish, dont neglect.

We need to ask is this helping me run for JESUS better in the race or is it the way of what GOD wants to do in my life? What are the things holding you back in your race for faith, love, holiness, courage and freedom? Too often,we subtly make proviosn for these hindrances.

We can pray our way to the breakthrough to resolve and dismantle these emcumbrances, resisting these sins and breaking old, old patterns. Dont rise up against the Bible and say I can't change for that is an assault on GOD. If you read Hebrews 12:1-2 and go away saying it can't happen. Are we saying GODS word is not true?

Ask GOD to make this truth explosive with life changing power. Ask people to pray for you. Find someone you trust and ask them to hold you accountable. Put a checklist in your prayer journal to make sure you are staying on track. Trust HIM daily to overcome each obstacle.

Run with endurance the race set before you!

2008/1/18 7:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy