SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Me Neither

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Me Neither

Matt 10:14
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
KJV

2008/1/16 22:58
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re: Me Neither

Quote:

moe_mac wrote:
Matt 10:14
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
KJV

Matthew Henry wrote:

“They will not receive you, and they will not hear your words.” Note, Contempt of the gospel, and contempt of gospel ministers, commonly go together, and they will either of them be construed into a contempt of Christ, and will be reckoned for accordingly.
Now in this case we have here,
(1.) The directions given to the apostles what to do. They must depart out of that house or city. Note, The gospel will not tarry long with those that put it away from them. At their departure they must shake off the dust of their feet, [1.] In detestation of their wickedness; it was so abominable, that it did even pollute the ground they went upon, which must therefore be shaken off as a filthy thing. The apostles must have no fellowship nor communion with them; must not so much as carry away the dust of their city with them. The work of them that turn aside shall not cleave to me, Psa_101:3. The prophet was not to eat or drink in Bethel, 1Ki_13:9. [2.] As a denunciation of wrath against them. It was to signify, that they were base and vile as dust, and that God would shake them off. The dust of the apostles' feet, which they left behind them, would witness against them, and be brought in as evidence, that the gospel had been preached to them

2008/1/16 23:13Profile

Moe, are you saying what Bro Clint was saying this morning?

Are you leaving ?

If you and he leave - so will I. No joke.

I did understand your post.

Annie

2008/1/16 23:28
truth1

I have read a bunch of these promises before "I'm leaving, I'm really leaving, don't try to stop me." and then "I'm baaaack"
Sometimes that dust shaken off is but one final insult to the hearers, those who have been the brunt of much nonsense.

2008/1/16 23:53Profile

Re:

The mind of Christ, is to leave the 99 to go after the one. We're One Body in His Eyes.

I thought Moe was leaving out of frustration over a post he did yesterday morning that I posted to.
I may have worded my reply in such a way, that maybe he thought he wasn't getting his point across.

We've GOT to care about each other. If one leaves, we should care. I didn't want Moe to leave. I understand Brother Clint now going into full Ministry, though we're hoping he'll stay in touch, but Moe shouldn't leave.

Thank you for understanding.

2008/1/17 0:24

Re:

Coincidently, I got this in part of a beautiful email tonite from a suffering elderly Sister.

_,-:*´`*:-.,_,.-:*´`*:-.,_ ,-:*´`*:-.,_,.-:*´`*:-.,_,-:*´`*:-.,_,.-:*´`*:-.,_

~ Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. ~

Unknown

2008/1/17 1:09

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:
Coincidently, I got this in part of a beautiful email tonite from a suffering elderly Sister.

_,-:*´`*:-.,_,.-:*´`*:-.,_ ,-:*´`*:-.,_,.-:*´`*:-.,_,-:*´`*:-.,_,.-:*´`*:-.,_

~ Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle. ~

Unknown

That's beautiful. Thank you for sharing it - and so true!

:-)

2008/1/17 7:33

edit: double post

2008/1/17 7:34

Re:

Did a "profile check" and got an M.O. on Moe -

Quote:
Moe_mac wrote:
I would like to address "let him who is without sin cast the first stone. This is a long time misused misinterpreted passage. It is usually used in the manner in which it is used here in this thread. It is not merely speaking to someone that did an act of sin and shaming them. When Jesus said let him who is without sin cast the first stone to the Pharisees, this was actually the penalty for a women that was caught in the act of adultery, they actually stoned them to death. It was the law. If you use it in this manner, you have big time trivalized the moment. Jesus saved this women's earthly life and it appears to me she may have been saved and given eternal life, because she said, when he said, where are your accusers, or who has accused you, no one Lord, and then he said, go and sin no more. So when you hear someone use this passage in this manner from now on, you can tell them about a Lord and Savior who forgives sin, hates sin, and tells us not to sin, he who knew no sin was made sin for us that we MIGHT be the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, and when we do we have an advocate with the Father and he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

[i]"Where are our accusers?"[/i]

That's a good post Moe.

Still waiting for your reply.

2008/1/17 18:12
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

truth1 wrote:
I have read a bunch of these promises before "I'm leaving, I'm really leaving, don't try to stop me." and then "I'm baaaack"
Sometimes that dust shaken off is but one final insult to the hearers, those who have been the brunt of much nonsense.

Who is leaving where? man I am at a total loss to what you folks are talking about, then your back? do what? I must have missed the first part of the movie. :-)

2008/1/17 20:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy