SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Epidemic Feared - 'Gays' May Spread Deadly Staph Infection to General Population

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Epidemic Feared - 'Gays' May Spread Deadly Staph Infection to General Population

I received this email and want to share it here for your information...

Epidemic Feared - 'Gays' May Spread Deadly Staph Infection to General Population
WASHINGTON, Jan. 15 /Christian Newswire/ -- Reuters has reported that, "A drug-resistant strain of potentially deadly bacteria has moved beyond the borders of U.S. hospitals and is being transmitted among gay men during sex, researchers said on Monday.

"They said methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA, is beginning to appear outside hospitals in San Francisco, Boston, New York and Los Angeles."

"'Once this reaches the general population, it will be truly unstoppable,' said Binh Diep, a researcher at the University of California, San Francisco who led the study."

According to the study, at this point, homosexual men are 13 times more likely to contract the potentially deadly, drug-resistant strain of staph infection, but the fear is that, because the infection is spread via skin-to- skin contact, homosexual men may soon spread it to the general population.

Matt Barber, Policy Director for Cultural issues with Concerned Women for America (CWA), said, "The medical community has known for years that homosexual conduct, especially among males, creates a breeding ground for often deadly disease. In recent years we have seen a profound resurgence in cases of HIV/AIDS, syphilis, rectal gonorrhea and many other STDs among those who call themselves 'gay.'

"The human body is quite callous in how it handles mistreatment and the perversion of its natural functions. When two men mimic the act of heterosexual intercourse with one another, they create an environment, a biological counterfeit, wherein disease can thrive. Unnatural behaviors beget natural consequences.

"In recent years our culture has adopted a laissez faire attitude toward sexual deviancy. Television shows like Will and Grace glorify the homosexual lifestyle while our children are taught in schools that homosexuality is a perfectly healthy, alternative sexual 'orientation.' 'Stay out of our bedrooms!' we're often commanded by militant 'gay' activists.

"Well, now the dangerous and possibly deadly consequence of what occurs in those bedrooms is spilling over into the general population. It's not only frightening, it's infuriating.

"Citizens, especially parents, need to stand up and say, 'No More! We will no longer sit idly by while politically correct cultural elites endanger our children and larger communities through propagandist promotion of this demonstrably deadly lifestyle.'

"Why does it take a potentially deadly staph epidemic for people to acknowledge reality? Will that even do it? Enough is enough!" concluded Barber.

Concerned Women for America is the nation's largest public policy women's organization.

Christian Newswire
To: National Desk
Contact: Natalie Bell, Concerned Women for America, 202-488-7000, ext. 126

Forward this press release to another reporter or news producer

Christian Communication Network | 2020 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW | Washington | DC | 20006
I went to Reuters and here is the original article: http://www.reuters.com/article/health-SP-A/idUSN1337175820080115
Several years ago at CPC we were told that with the widespread of immorality, medical experts are seeing a rise in new STDs. Not so many years ago the most common ones were syphilis,gonorrhea and genital herpes. Now there are a host of them of which some can render a female infertile.

ginnyrose

2008/1/16 20:35Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Epidemic Feared - 'Gays' May Spread Deadly Staph Infection to General P

Quote:
Matt Barber, Policy Director for Cultural issues with Concerned Women for America (CWA), said, "The medical community has known for years that homosexual conduct, especially among males, creates a breeding ground for often deadly disease. In recent years we have seen a profound resurgence in cases of HIV/AIDS, syphilis, rectal gonorrhea and many other STDs among those who call themselves 'gay.'

!

2008/1/16 20:36Profile
Isaiah64

God help us...

2008/1/16 21:05Profile
suzy

Devon, England

I also read this elsewhere. Absolutely horrifying; but the result of those who "profess themselves to be wise" (Romans 1 v 22), God has allowed them to follow their own unnatural ways and unfortunately these dreadful epidemics / pestilences are the result.

It’s hardly surprising that there are these plagues / pestilences that are now invading the earth. Jesus said this would happen, and would be included in the signs of the nearness of His Coming.

Matthew 24:7 v “For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places”

Luke 21:11 “And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.”

(Some of the modern translations omit pestilences.)

Here are two articles, from Reuters and the BBC that write about a return of the Bubonic Plague that wiped out a large number of English people in Medieval Times. I’m told ... and I believe it ... that there are so many rats in England, that we all live within a few yards of them. Rats and fleas were the cause of the Bubonic Plague.

http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceNews/idUSL1446129320080115

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/7190260.stm

Whilst talking to a friend last week, it was mentioned that many could be wiped out by some of these plagues / epidemics rather than by a bomb from nuclear Iran!

May God have mercy on us.

Suzy

2008/1/17 18:27Profile

If I may express a different side to this.... MRSA did begin in hospitals, because the people entrusted with the care of sick people were not vigilant enough, didn't necessarily follow their own protocols, didn't follow best practice guidelines, didn't spend the money to keep the standard as high as it should have been.... and to now blame the ordinary citizen who is carrying these resistant strains around - which is also happening in the UK and elsewhere - is totally disingenuous. And Christians who jump on this bandwagon are not using their God-given intelligence if they jump alongside.

Furthermore, if we believe we are walking in the will of God, and we are doing His will according to His word to us, then what have we to fear from [i]any[/i] bacterium out in the community?

2008/1/17 18:43
suzy

Devon, England

Re:

Hi Dorcas

I had not even considered MRSA; I was only thinking of HIV-AIDS, and now a further consequence to that, as per the article.

But I do agree that it is horrifying that one can go into hospital with nothing too serious, and get MRSA, or even come out from hospital in a coffin. My next door neighbour's father went into hospital, got MRSA and died as a result.

Suzy

2008/1/18 11:08Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

dorcas,

I get the point you are making. However,do you not consider that it is very politically incorrect to blame the gay community for [i]anything?[/i] That they [i]may[/i] be responsible for [i]anything[/i]? While it might well be true that the spread of staph infection got a boost in hospitals, it does not help that you have people engaging in sinful lifestyles which will hasten the spread of the disease. While most STDs are transmitted by sexual contact, it does become alarming when they become carriers for other diseases which require no sexual contact. This is the point the article was making.

Reuters is a reputable news service, not a gossip warmonger. For them to report this is a very brave thing for them to do in the USA.

Medical experts also know that a promiscuous lifestyle is the breeding (no pun intended) place for other serious diseases. If you and your spouse live a monogamous lifestyle you should have no fears of contracting any of the STDs unless you are in direct contact as a medical professional or caregiver but then this happens when normal protocol is violated.

God will not be mocked. Consider this from Proverbs 1:20-33: (NASB)
20 Wisdom shouts in the street, She lifts her voice in the square;
21 At the head of the noisy streets she cries out; At the entrance of the gates in the city she utters her sayings:
22"How long, O naive ones, will you love being simple-minded? And scoffers delight themselves in scoffing And fools hate knowledge?
23"Turn to my reproof, Behold, I will pour out my spirit on you;I will make my words known to you.
24"Because I called and you refused, I stretched out my hand and no one paid attention;
25 And you neglected all my counsel And did not want my reproof;
26 I will also laugh at your calamity;I will mock when your dread comes,
27 When your dread comes like a storm And your calamity comes like a whirlwind,When distress and anguish come upon you.
28 "Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently but they will not find me,
29 Because they hated knowledge And did not choose the fear of the LORD.
30 "They would not accept my counsel, They spurned all my reproof.
31 "So they shall eat of the fruit of their own way And be satiated with their own devices.
32 "For the (AV)waywardness of the naive will kill them, And the complacency of fools will destroy them.
33 "But he who listens to me shall live securely And will be at ease from the dread of evil."

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/1/18 12:27Profile

Re:

Quote:
Furthermore, if we believe we are walking in the will of God, and we are doing His will according to His word to us, then what have we to fear from any bacterium out in the community?

Dorcas, Please correct me if I mis-understood. Are you saying if a Christian is living in God's will, he will NEVER get sick or catch any bacterial infections regardless of those infections.

So, if you get a cold, are you advertising to all you are out of God's will?

Please tell me I have mis-understood you.

Even innocent people and children and babies have gotten AIDS, due to mistakes in blood transfusions...not having the blood correctly tested and screened.

What say you?

Katy

2008/1/18 15:16
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Furthermore, if we believe we are walking in the will of God, and we are doing His will according to His word to us, then what have we to fear from any bacterium out in the community?

I did not notice this quote until another poster commented on it...

May I suggest that if this is the mentality of the medical professionals, we do well to keep our distance from them. (Is this why Dad got cellulitis in his leg after his heart surgery? - careless nurses?)

Being born-again does not immunize one from diseases. We are still to take a common sense approach to sickness, using proper sanitation and isolation from infectious bacterium. And to suggest that a walking bomb be ignored smacks to me of arrogance or ignorance - don't know which.

Also to ignore the dangers inherent to infectious bacterium would be like succumbing to the temptation the devil brought to Jesus in the wilderness as recorded in Matthew 4:5,6.

My opinion and understanding.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/1/18 16:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Here is another link to a similar article I posted here. This one comes from San Francisco, CA.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/01/15/MNI5UE0L8.DTL

ginnyrose

2008/1/20 9:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy