SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Church History Course

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
elanham

Maryland

Church History Course

Brother Greg,

Have you ever considered placing a Church History section onto the website. Their are several websites out there that offer free downloads of Church history from its conception to the 21st century. Many believers are without knowledge when it relates to the mystical body of Christ and the changes and challenges that it has indured over the centuries. I believe it is our duty to be familiar with Church History because it is our history and we are intimately connected with it. It would be a tall order to place this on sermonindex yet I believe it will benefit those who would like to know about their history without having to read a 2 inch book as I have had to do (which I thoroughly enjoyed). Thoughts. Grace, Grace to you.

2008/1/16 14:07Profile
suzy

Devon, England

Re: Church History Course

There is already a series of Church History messages on this site by Edgar Parkyn. Type in Edgar Parkyn into the 'Search' (from SermonIndex rather than the Web), and his messages will come up. We knew Edgar very well when he was alive; a wonderful, very humble, unassuming man. I recommend them to you.

For "modern church history" you should listen to testimonies, such as Gladys Aylward, who worked in China in the 30s and 40s; Brother Yun ('The Heavenly Man')- a modern Chinese Christian who has suffered tremendous persecution in Communist China; and Corrie Ten Boom who was imprisoned in the second world war for hiding Jews from the Nazis. These are all on SermonIndex, too. There are others.

I love Church history, and agree, we can learn much; the average Christian is rather ignorant and uninterested, I think.

Suzy

2008/1/19 11:30Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
There is already a series of Church History messages on this site by Edgar Parkyn. Type in Edgar Parkyn into the 'Search' (from SermonIndex rather than the Web), and his messages will come up. We knew Edgar very well when he was alive; a wonderful, very humble, unassuming man. I recommend them to you.

Yes, there are a few church history series but this one is the best by Edgar Parkyn. You can download them here:

[b]Edgar F. Parkyns[/b]
http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=133

2008/1/19 23:14Profile
elanham

Maryland

Re:

Thanks alot. I appreciate it.

2008/1/20 18:52Profile
repentcanada

Re:

this is a 13 part mp3 series from brother Tom Nelson in Denton, Texas:

http://repentcanada.blogspot.com/2008/01/history-of-church-of-christ-mp3.html

2008/1/21 2:08Profile
repentcanada

Re:

there is now a new, easier to download widget for "History of the Church" at the above web page

2008/3/7 6:57Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy