Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Neither

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Neither

Brothers and Sisters,

I will be taking a long hiatus from these forums even though I have not posted that much on them anyway with the exception of a few remarks on the “prophetic credentials” thread and a few others. I have been given the task of shepherding a flock of believers and that will be sufficient to consume all my energies in prayer and seeking of God.

One thing that has disturbed me so much in reading so many of these forums is the on and on debate between those that consider themselves “Calvinists” and those who tend toward “Arminian” theology… these debates could go on ad infinitum. It is sad when we put on any kind of “glasses” in looking into the perfect Word of God rather than simply studying each and every scripture and trying to find in that scripture minus some preconceived notion what God would have us do, what God would have us know… individually. There were Pharisees and Sadducees at the time of Christ who had their learning and their arguments… but who was saved? And forget your interjection there… it is already anticipated.

The poor had the Gospel preached to them. The children came to Him and he said that unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. A child, my brothers and sisters does not try to analyze every word and put it into this and that category and assume all kinds of subtleties about words but simply takes the simplest meaning of the words spoken and responds to them.

Certainly we can all study the Greek and Hebrew meaning of this that and the other word of the text, and many of us have and will continue to… but not for debate and argument, but simply to get to a clearer answer to the question, “what would you have ME to do?”

Paul said,
2 Corinthians 11:3 (KJV) 3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

He also said to that same congregation:
1 Corinthians 2:1 - 5 (KJV) 1And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: 5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

It is my understanding that the purpose behind this whole SI website, is to encourage revival and an awakening. And I submit to you that the awakenings and revivals that have happened in church history were not because of perfect theology because none of us can build a box big enough to contain God… Solomon said the heavens cannot contain Him… but in spite of flawed theology. There are errors in the teachings of all men; because there is no way that our finite minds can comprehend the infinite.

Some of the simplest of men had the greatest successes in reaching lost souls, and some of the greatest revivals happened not because of some understanding of 5 points or any points except the simple understanding that “he that cometh unto God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek HIM”. And God has answered prayer from sincere and hungry souls from every “theological stripe” you can name, simply because they started seeking God.

Pride is the opposite of the Spirit of Christ and there is certainly just as much room for and evidence of pride at both ends of the spectrum. The Jews at the time of Christ were proud because they were the sons of Abraham with all that they inferred from that distinction, and yet John smashed their theology with his call for repentance and then for fruit as evidence of that repentance and with the very revealing challenge that God is able to raise up stones in their place. He is, after all the Creator.

The continuation of argument on the subject is so much like the challenge that the Lord gave during His time here where He said of that generation that they reminded Him of children in the marketplace… you know the reference without me having to go there.

Please let us put aside the colored glasses as much as we possibly can and realize that it is not what any of these men have figured out that counts, but “every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God”.

May God bless and keep each of you.

Clint

2008/1/16 11:09Profile

Re: Neither

Amen Bro Clint

Wish you well, praying that this will be a very fruitful field in which you are called to work.

Keep in touch though - if possible - if only now and again.

Yoursin Him

Jeannette

2008/1/16 11:21
MrBillPro

Texas

Quote:

broclint wrote:

Some of the simplest of men had the greatest successes in reaching lost souls.

Clint

Clint your "exactly" right God wants to use the most humble,broken down, poor, least knowledgeable, downtrodden souls to enlarge his kingdom, why? because he get all the Glory when working with folks like this, the Mr and Mrs or Ms. know it alls want to share some of the glory with God, and his Glory belongs to him and it's not to be shared with anyone even the "real spiritual" don't deserve one gram of Gods glory only God deserves all the Glory.

2008/1/16 11:28Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Clint,

I enjoyed your post. Everything we do should be done solely for His glory, not ours.

I love how He asks us to come to Him as a child. Childlike faith is a beautiful thing and I think it must grieve Him deeply when people don't believe Him when He says this.

Earthly fathers don't get upset when their one year old doesn't have a job yet so they can support themselves and stop relying on them. When a three year old wants a drink, she doesn't worry about where she's going to get the juice and the sippy cup. She goes to her parent. "Juice!" She asks, trusting that she'll receive!

Studying the role of the child and childlike faith in scriptures reveals quite a freeing subject!

May God bless you and watch over you during your time away from SI. My prayers go with you.

2008/1/16 11:54Profile

BroClint
It is my understanding that the purpose behind this whole SI website, is to encourage revival and an awakening. And I submit to you that the awakenings and revivals that have happened in church history were not because of perfect theology because none of us can build a box big enough to contain God… Solomon said the heavens cannot contain Him… but in spite of flawed theology. There are errors in the teachings of all men; because there is no way that our finite minds can comprehend the infinite.

Broclint,
I certainly enjoyed reading your posts and I pray that God will, and I certainly feel is already using you in a mighty way, where ever HE places you. I discern a sweet spirit in you and I think I can amen much of what you didn't say.
moe_mac
God Bless Brother

2008/1/16 13:19
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Clint,

Your post has a lot of food for thought. I wish you well in shepherding the flock God has given you.

Your concen reminds me of 2Peter 3:16 and 2Tim. 2:14. The striving about words is nothing new. This reminds of of what Dr. Laura said one time about the Jewish rabbis: they love to argue about their religion. Nothing new under the sun, is there?

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/1/17 22:27Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re: striving about words

Thanks to all for your posts... I guess it is just too true I "can't stay away" :-( .

My absence lasted a whole week! :-)

I am in the hospital with my CP child as of 11:30 PM on the second Sunday night after officially becoming Pastor... Somebody does not like what I am doing! So... it is about 4 AM here... just got into a room out of ER and am taking advantage of the time to catch up on a whole lot of the threads, although I have been reading some in between prayer and study all along. I just did not want to get toooo involved in the posting aspect although it was all too tempting on some of the threads...especially some of those in which there was some totally unneccessary "striving about words"... but we have some excellent moderators and some excellent watchmen to keep the peace and to set "out of orders" in order... so, when I suppressed the urge to comment, I was pleased next time around to find that someone else had expressed my thoughts far better than I could have...

Thank you for your prayers.

Clint

2008/1/21 5:22Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Brother,

Is Jordan okay? Is this related to the CP?

I am praying.

Danielle

P.S. Welcome back! :-)

2008/1/21 5:38Profile
broclint

West Monroe, LA

Re:

Good morning Danielle,

Thanks for asking. No he is not o. k. I got home from church last night and he was running a low grade temp with a little congestion, and about 11:30 he started having some very raspy breathing and his temp shot up to about 104, respirations very rapid, heart rate rapid and all the indications of pnuemonia. So I bundled him up, loaded the wheelchair and here we are, and yes he does have pnuemonia.

I appreciate your prayers...

How is Charles doing now?

Clint

2008/1/21 5:45Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Re:

Please keep us updated on Jordan.....

I will update Charles' prayer thread on his condition.

2008/1/21 6:03Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy