Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Hunger in the word of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
nowhr2hide

Australia

Hunger in the word of God

I have observing the hunger in the word of God in the young people around me. My younger daugther few weeks ago came to Christ and now is baptized in Holy Spirit, and there is such hunger in her spirit to seek the word of God so many question to answer, and my boy now going out in open air preaching with youth group and the pastor of church, coupleof young people at age 11 attend the bible study and listen to the study doing and participate, and the study finished they said " is that it?" they so want to know more and asking where they could get hold of the bible, my boy and i gave them the bible he had and told them to read whole heartedly and ask the author of the bible the Holy Spirit to reveal the instruction from God, the excitement in their eyes and siprit is like having more than a christmas present and it put me to shame and repentance, and that made me feel so want to know more their hunger rub on me and desire to have more of my Lord saviour Jesus Christ.

Such hunger in the word of God, and so many diluted teaching that lead to confusion disolution of believers...

2008/1/15 19:58Profile

Re: Hunger in the word of God

Sister, How glorious for you and your Family.

When a healthy baby is born, the cry to be FED.

Amen - that is the one sign of Normal Healthy Life.

If there is lack of "Hunger" - that is the sign of not normal and unhealthy - fading life or no life at all.

Bless you Jesus for this Sister's testimony. Glory to GOD and Thank You Lord for leading them into Good Pastures and Shepherding them into safety from that which would harm your Sheep.

2008/1/15 20:19
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re:

A young man in the study we went a had such hunger wanting to know more but the time had limited by the worldly desire of the pastor.
After the study every one having thier social catch up and this young boy came to the pastor and said "pastor, where could i get hold of a bible? i want to read more; and the pastor replied to this boy "i tell you what you could do give me $5 and on sunday i will bring you a bible. This hurt me to hear it and enterup the discussion between the boy and the pastor I got my boy to hand his own bible to this child and my child lovingly hand his bible to this young one.
For a child like this who is hungry to know the word of God, do we really need to charge them so they can have bible on their hand? Such grief in my spirit until now as i am typing this.

To whom much given is much expected oh such a heart of men that called them self a man of God.

2008/1/15 22:45Profile
psalm1

Re:

Hey bro, I would say focus on the beauty that God brought into this situation.
Your boy was probably more blessed than the other boy.
You still have to love your pastor.
I had something similar happen to me and I had to break the resentment that sneaked into my heart.
I was told by God to give the pastor a gift.
Anyway just be led of the Lord.

David

2008/1/15 22:58Profile
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
Hey bro, I would say focus on the beauty that God brought into this situation.
Your boy was probably more blessed than the other boy.
You still have to love your pastor.
I had something similar happen to me and I had to break the resentment that sneaked into my heart.
I was told by God to give the pastor a gift.
Anyway just be led of the Lord.

David

I am sorry that this came out or sounds wrong or negative. I have no resentment to any one neither to the pastor, only shared the attitude given to the young boy from the pastor. It is what has been reveal to my attention is actually what is needed to be prayed for.

The continual hunger to seek the word of God.
The humility in the leadership.
Direction from the Holy Spirit, ... and so on
decernment given for me so as i called to interceed that i may obey the instruction of the Lord through His Holy Spirit and that i may know the concentration in prayer and the advancement in the Spirit and the ministry involve.
and i hope and think that i am mature enough to understand as much.
All i pray now is, i may obey Him who called me, and follow the instruction of the Christ Jesus.

2008/1/16 8:29Profile

Re: Hunger in the word of God

Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they [u]shall[/u] be filled.

Amen. And a song ~

[b]Standing On The Promises[/b]

Standing on the promises of Christ my King,
Through eternal ages let his praises ring;
Glory in the highest, I will shout and sing,
Standing on the promises of God.
Refrain:
Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I'm standing on the promises of God.
Standing on the promises I cannot fall,