SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : A list of Sound Preacher (Non dodgy) and dodgy ones

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

A list of Sound Preacher (Non dodgy) and dodgy ones

Working in a christian bookshop it would be smart to compile a list of safe people to buy in your christian bookshop such as Wesleyowen, Eden, St Andrews Bookshop and others. I do not know the American equivalent. A Safe list of preachers and people that people can buy.
I do not know how long the list would be

2008/1/15 16:26Profile

Re: A list of Sound Preacher (Non dodgy) and dodgy ones

Dodgy? Does that mean they dont drive a Ford?

Krispy

2008/1/15 17:00
LiveforGod

Re:

jajajajajajaja Hilarious.

2008/1/15 17:02Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Sorry I am using London english slang or cockney. What I mean is a list of undesirable preachers and a list of good preachers which people can pick up in the christian bookshop so if anyone walks into the local christian bookshop they would know which books to stay away from such

Good

Andrew Murray
Art Katz
Leonard Ravenhill

Bad

Rob Bell
Rick Warren
Joyce Meyer
Benny Hinn

2008/1/15 19:57Profile

Re:

Hmmm, that seems a good idea. Although some writers probably would need a separate category of those who write mostly good stuff, but you have to use discernment and caution re some things they say.

You would also have to make it clear that you are not necessarily agreeing with everything all on the "good" list say, only that they are sound and spiritually reliable. And the opposite for those on the "bad" list.

Even Balaam prophesied truth, but he wasn't to be trusted!

Making such a list would be a difficult but useful task.

I can't think of any additions to the list so far, but there must be many...

Haven't heard of Rob Bell...

I do hope others will make contributions here. Especially because we all have our own favourite writers, of various styles and emphases, even some novelists. (A classic Christian fiction writer that springs to mind is John Bunyan, but there are other more modern ones in both good and bad categories).

Blessings

Jeannette

2008/1/16 7:05

Re:

I'm certainly not trying to discourage you, I think it's a great idea! I just wonder if, especially in America, a bookstore that only carried the solid teachers would even survive financially. Most Christians today arent interested in the deeper things of God. I call it "Starbucks Christianity".

Krispy

2008/1/16 8:12
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I just wonder if, especially in America, a bookstore that only carried the solid teachers would even survive financially. Most Christians today arent interested in the deeper things of God. I call it "Starbucks Christianity".

Krispy

Survive? they would not even have enough stock to open the doors :-P As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: Hey I like Starbucks
Mocha yum! yum!, I am clueless to what "Starbucks Christianity" is though, but hey I am just an old Country boy but I will google it and find out, Partner I have that much sense to know how to do that but I be needing to plow the back 40 first. :-)

2008/1/16 10:07Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re:

I've given up on Christian bookstores... although luckily there is bookfinder.com. At least there I can get my fix of old Moody sermons, Sam Jones, Hudson Taylor and Spurgeon, often early editions in good condition -who'd have thought I'd pay less for the original book than I would for a reprint in a new bookstore.

2008/1/16 10:31Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Krispy wrote:

Quote:
I just wonder if, especially in America, a bookstore that only carried the solid teachers would even survive financially.

Only under the direct leading of God to open it to begin with. Can you imagine such a bookstore? They would have all of my business!

2008/1/16 12:18Profile

Re:

Unless the Lord builds the house... if He wants someone to own a bookstore like that He will make it happen.

Krispy

2008/1/16 13:14

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy