SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : New guy with a question.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

New guy with a question.

I looked at the other forums and didn't see a place where I could ask a question I have. I realize I could do that in the General Forum, but some might consider it an "inappropriate" question. I want to make sure before I ask it.

In general, I'm wondering if a specific Bible teacher's teachings are biblical or if I should avoid them. I don't ask this to insult, gossip, cause division or anything else negative. I'm asking with a sincere heart.

If it would be better to ask a moderator in a PM, let me know. I just don't want to do that and take liberties without asking. Being new here, and wanting to be positive and uplifting, I thought I'd ask first.

2008/1/11 16:39Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: New guy with a question.

if you feel a need to ask, may be a "give away" everything is not right, but i guess this is a fair question to ask, is there any specific you feel unsure of in this mans teaching that may cause you to be worried?

the times today which we live in call for great discernment, and these things can be talked about in a right way, and a wrong depending on us.

anyway welcome to the forum! nice to have you on board, hope to see more of you in the future

2008/1/11 16:45Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
In general, I'm wondering if a specific Bible teacher's teachings are biblical or if I should avoid them. I don't ask this to insult, gossip, cause division or anything else negative. I'm asking with a sincere heart.

SermonIndex has a varied amount of speakers on the website with different theological positions. There is a pursuit of truth and apostolic reality on sermonindex.net Do pray to allow God to lead you into all truth, there are many gems to be gleamed from men of opposite or varied theological positions.

Tozer, Ravenhill, Sparks, are some good starting points.

2008/1/11 17:18Profile
SimpleLiving

Minnesota, USA

Re:

Thank you both. I appreciate your biblical approach to my question.

The reason I feel a need to ask doesn't so much have anything to do with the teacher as it does not trusting my own judgment in Bible teachers right now. In the Welcome Forum I gave a bit of testimony as to why. I won't waste the space here to repeat it. So, mostly, the question is due to my coming to learn to trust again. Who knows, all this caution could certainly lead to better discernment on my part.

Thanks again!

2008/1/11 17:31Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

Always measure what is preached and taught with
the truth of the Scriptures and the witness of
the Spirit. Discernment comes from seeking God's
truth and wisdom from His word and listening for
the assurance and conviction of the Spirit saying
Yea, and AMEN!!

2008/1/11 19:27Profile