SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Joel Osteen claims on Fox News that Mormons are Christians too...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Instead giving evidence of Joel's teachings to show us that we may be wrong about him, you turn it into a personal thing against us.
Krispy

Ok I will answer this for you, but my guess is you will not understand but I will say it anyway. Look I have given my Pastor to "GOD" through prayer to work out and God don't need "any" of my help in exposing either the Pro's or the Con's of Pastor Joel, I know you won't understand this.

2008/1/11 11:29Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Quote:
David this is the attitude of a real man of God to do just this, you have a sweet spirit and a total understanding of how Prayer can work I can see that, please do the Christian thing and keep Pastor Joel in prayer and don't let the nay sayers lead you let God lead you.

So can I assume that you're saying this is not my attitude? How would you know this?

Krispy

No! I was just speaking in general nothing personal at all you know better than that. :-)

2008/1/11 11:31Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
As your brother I feel the need to warn you that your defensive posture when Osteen is mentioned smacks of "cult of personality".
Krispy

Thanks Brother I am glad you warned me because I would have never known put some things in writing.
I sincerely appreciate your warning, but should I listen to you or God? God is telling me to hang in there that he is still working on pastor Joel, now krispy is telling me to leave that nut house, well lets see I will flip a coin what should I do? :-(

2008/1/11 11:38Profile
davym

Re:

Quote:
Look for all you that continue to expose Pastor Joel faults why not expose you own along with his,

Fair point brother. I've plenty of faults.

Can I ask you Mr BillPro. Are you agreeing with Joel's stance that Mormons are Christians? Would you promote their doctrine to further the cause of Christ? or if given the opportunity on national tv would you gracefully point out that you don't believe you can be saved by works (probably wouldn't get aired though). I've never had this chance, but Osteen had and he missed it.

Ephesians 2:8-10 (KJV)

[i]8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.[/i]

Quote:
why not give "God" a chance to work in Pastors Joel's life.

Another fair point, but if what you are saying is that he is immature in the faith then I'd question whether he should be on a platform leading a massive congregation and being broadcast worldwide.

What I say won't change any of that though and I hope and pray that you'll continue to grow and be blessed at Lakewood

God Bless

D

2008/1/11 11:39Profile
davym

Re:

By the way. I have to admit that I went to see Joel when he came to Belfast. £12 ($22) I think it was. He and his family are lovely people. Please don't get me wrong. And please don't let this thread become a bickering ping pong match. That's an age old problem that destroys our Christian unity.

I'm sorry if I've offended anybody.

Remember, God will not go into anybody's little box. That's for sure.

2008/1/11 11:47Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

davym wrote:
Can I ask you Mr BillPro. Are you agreeing with Joel's stance that Mormons are Christians? Would you promote their doctrine to further the cause of Christ? or if given the opportunity on national tv would you gracefully point out that you don't believe you can be saved by works (probably wouldn't get aired though). I've never had this chance, but Osteen had and he missed it.

Another fair point, but if what you are saying is that he is immature in the faith then I'd question whether he should be on a platform leading a massive congregation and being broadcast worldwide.

What I say won't change any of that though and I hope and pray that you'll continue to grow and be blessed at Lakewood

God Bless

D

David maybe I am wrong here in saying that I should not be commenting either way while I have my pastor in prayer but I don't understand is this not the right thing to do? I have always been taught since I started going to Church back in 1958 that when you give things to the Lord to work out you give him 100% not 99& and you take the other 1% and help God.

I have Pastor Joel in prayer and I should not be commenting at all really God really does not need my help does he? David have you "ever" said anything you regretted and wished you could have back? my guess is you have "many" times in your life we all do, but hopefully if and when you do, you ask God to forgive you through Prayer and if your saved and have trusted Jesus as you Lord and savor he will forgive you.

If some here have such a desire or calling as they would say to expose Pastor Joel the Bible says "confront" him first this is the first Biblical step, and if your not taking the steps the Word says to take, in my opinion you just blowing hot air.

Be a man or woman of God and take the steps God says to take if you have an issue with someone and if you don't know what these scriptures are well read my signature line. In my opinion and I am sure in Gods also, if your putting the cart before the horse in scriptures, now your at the scripture buffet table I will take this scripture and that one and no I don't won't that one.

edit: David maybe this will help,

Mat 18:15-17 "Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. {16} "But if he will not hear you, take with you one or two more, that 'by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.' {17} "And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector."

(1) To maintain peace in the body of Christ (Eph. 4:1-3). Whenever there is friction and turmoil in the body it hinders people from entering into worship and receiving from God's Word. It hinders people from coming to Christ, creates an uninviting atmosphere for visitors, and can even grieve the Holy Spirit (Eph. 4:30-32).

(2) So Satan cannot gain advantage over us (2 Cor. 2:10-11). For our own spiritual well-being, we must be quick to resolve our differences with brethren and forgive. Satan can hinder our spiritual life, and even deceive us into apostasy, through harbored bitterness or unforgiveness (Matt. 18:35).

(3) To restore a Fallen Brother (Gal. 6:1). Christians must make every attempt to restore brethren who fall into sin. Especially when the transgression has been committed against you personally, your love for your brother's spiritual well-being demands that you confront the brother so that he might be reconciled to God.

2008/1/11 12:02Profile
davym

Re:

Point taken Mr BillPro.

Hiding behind the keyboard I guess you could say. I'm sure he's well aware of the opposition to his ministry. I'll maybe just leave it.

2008/1/11 12:17Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
davym wrote:
...continue to grow and be blessed at Lakewood

Dear David, may I ask you..

Are you serious with the Scriptures? Are you deadly serious and in agreement that what the word of God says and declares is the truth?

Have you received the gospel lightly or you have entered the strait gate? Brother, have you believed in a sugar gospel or are you walking the narrow way, the way that is "through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God."?

Are you walking the way of suffering, that you may reign one day with Him?

Brother, if the answers of these questions are yes, then how can you say that someone can grow and be blessed* under preaching which is enemy of the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ? Under preaching of another gospel, not the Gospel of the Bible, but gospel of demons? Dear David, when you read 2 Tim. 4:1-5 what the gentle voice of the Spirit is whispering to your heart?

Brother, is this hard word?

*Some translations are translating the word blessed into happy. That's not true. You can be happy one hour or one year and sing and clap and jump, but you cannot be blessed, to be blessed is a spiritual state.

2008/1/11 12:30Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Tears_of_joy wrote:
Dear David, may I ask you..

Are you serious with the Scriptures? Are you deadly serious and in agreement that what the word of God says and declares is the truth?

Or we could put a spin on this:
Dear Tears, may I ask you..

If so well follow what the scripture say in sequence if you have an issue with someone
Mat 18:15-17 "Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. have you done this? if not your not serious with "your" scriptures, that bottom line.

tears you have an issue with Pastor Joel? well go tell him privately or you not following the scriptures your at the scripture buffet table.

2008/1/11 12:38Profile

Re:

Quote:
Ok I will answer this for you, but my guess is you will not understand but I will say it anyway. Look I have given my Pastor to "GOD" through prayer to work out and God don't need "any" of my help in exposing either the Pro's or the Con's of Pastor Joel, I know you won't understand this.

Well, I do understand. But I believe that scripturally your position is wrong.

Quote:
I sincerely appreciate your warning, but should I listen to you or God? God is telling me to hang in there that he is still working on pastor Joel, now krispy is telling me to leave that nut house, well lets see I will flip a coin what should I do?

Bill... you're putting words in my mouth. I havent told you to leave, and I have not called your church a "nut house". It's more like a "nut stadium"! (just kidding)

But I love ya anyway.

Krispy

2008/1/11 12:45

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy