SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : God gives the Holy Spirit to those who obey Him?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Here4Him

England

Re:

Theopenlife, i have also done that too. Casting ourselves humbly at the feet of Jesus is always the right thing to do, and having hope in the gospel liberates and cheers us to take up our cross and follow our Lord. Praise His Name!

2008/1/12 17:07Profile

Re:

Quote:
The point of discussion is whether or not the passage implies Christians must merit their receipt of the Holy Spirit by fulfilling some certain amount of obedience. Do only especially obedient Christians get to have the Spirit?

Trust me, there is no amount of obedience, I don't know why the LORD anointed me with His Holy Spirit, I know that I don't deserve Him at all, I truly don't know how He puts up with us. I think the obedience is in believing the Gospel and trusting Jesus Christ as our Saviour and LORD. I think it's a gift for those that have obeyed in believing the gospel. I could be wrong. But I think it's entirely a faith thing and has nothing to do with our works.

2008/1/12 20:06

Re:

Quote:
The point of discussion is whether or not the passage implies Christians must merit their receipt of the Holy Spirit by fulfilling some certain amount of obedience. Do only especially obedient Christians get to have the Spirit?

Jesus said, Ye must be Born Again, born of the Spirit.

You either have the Holy Spirit or you don't.

You are either saved or you'r not.

Love in Christ
Katy

2008/1/12 21:00
Talkn2u

Re: God gives the Holy Spirit to those who obey Him?

When we walk in obedience to the Spirit, He enables us to discern the Voice of the Holy Spirit, and thus be led to Walk After the Spirit of God.

Bonnie

2008/2/5 4:37Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Proverbs 1
23 Turn at my rebuke;
Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.

In Christ
Jeff

2008/2/5 6:45Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re: God gives the Holy Spirit to those who obey Him?

What a great thread. We do not worship a lifeless pagan god. We worship in The Holy Temple, The Body of Christ the Holy of Holies, Who is Holy and all members of His Body are given His Holy Spirit.

After our Lord's ascension Peter was converted and took the fragments that He had gathered and began to feed us.

1 PETER 1

To Lord God be all the honor and praise.

2008/2/5 8:09Profile
BrianPaul

Moorpark, CA

Re:

This is the book by Charles Finney called Power from God. This may help you. Its an amazing book.[url=http://www.oldlandmarks.com/finpower.htm]Charles Finney Power from God[/url]

2008/2/5 12:00Profile
Talkn2u

Re:

BrianPaul...
That book IS amazing! Powerful Truths! Thank you for Posting it.
Bonnie

2008/2/7 7:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy