SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ingredients…balance…or both?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

Ingredients…balance…or both?

That some ministries today leave out one or more ingredients in their gospel presentation is not up for debate…it’s a sad, but true, fact. These ministries do great damage. On the other hand some claim that a certain ministry preaches the “whole gospel”, but some of these ministries are severely off kilter.

Do these lopsided and unbalanced ministries cause just as much damage, or more, than do those that leave parts out? Is there perhaps more deception or danger in one presentation than the other?

H2O with one molecule left out is no longer water.
H2O with one molecule added is no longer water.

What happens when one molecule is over emphasized?

Am I making any cents (ha)?

Just wanting to start a conversation.

What say ye?

2008/1/10 12:34Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: Ingredients…balance…or both?

You know as much scrutiny as Pastors are under today I feel were really Blessed to have Pastors period, almost like Doctors being sued out of business for malpractice claims most are now working for the Hospitals and got out of private practice.

I personally feel there is "NO" perfect Gospel Preaching Pastors period and the critics could have a field day at any Church now days. I have taken a lot of my focus off the world and the Church and Pastors because Churches and Pastors are of the world also until they make it into his kingdom, they all have issues that I needed a break from and I have focused more on God in the past year and I feel so much better by listening to God and not man, and I have a peace I have never had before.

I will say this I would hate to be a Pastor today because you would have to be Jesus Christ himself for someone not to find something wrong with their message or them. I would say if your looking for a true peace in your life, quit focusing on the Church and Pastors as much and focus more on God trust me I can tell you for a fact you will fell so much better, just ask me. :-)

2008/1/10 13:17Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

MrBill,
I think even Jesus Himself would have someone pointing out problems with His Doctrine... :-?

2008/1/10 14:03Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
I would say if your looking for a true peace in your life, quit focusing on the Church and Pastors as much and focus more on God

This is why I directed my questions about the message being preached and not the preacher.

This is not about the perfect pastor or sermon, personal taste, or critiquing a ministry for the sake of being critical.

It’s about the difference between “tainted” or “poisonous”

It is about contamination and perversion and how/if balance comes into play.

Any other thoughts?

2008/1/10 15:27Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

I hope I was clear in my first post that this is not about any particular ministry, but about the message itself. I’m not looking for the perfect formula…just trying to keep from error. I think this is an issue that is very important today.

Is an unbalanced ministry doing as much or maybe more damage than one that is missing an ingredient?

Anyone?

2008/1/11 7:41Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Reply to tjservant .
I agree with your premise and sense a change for the better on the SI forums.

Religionist have perfected the system of ruling by manufactured consent in the religious institutions. They exclude dissent and there by systematically dividing each new believer from the main body into various religions and sects. Each religious group and its leaders are sure that their religion is the one taking over the world and their leaders have the Devine truth.

We the humble upright children that walk after the spirit of peace have a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, and the spirit of this world has nothing in Him. We put all our trust in Christ Jesus our High Priest and He never changes. Can you a sinner saved by God’s grace stand the unending glare of the Holy Law of Almighty God to love thy neighbor and cast aside His grace and engage your neighbor and members of your own family in spiritual warfare? If you can you are still divided and still have the spirit of the world, and you don’t have the peace that is in Christ Jesus.

Jesus did not come to bring peace but a sword of truth to divide us from the world. Peace is not found anywhere in the world but only in the body of Christ. We have to stay focused on God and not become part of the babel of men and women, the authors of confusion. Religious confusion is the spirit of the world. We are one in Christ Jesus, saints of New Jerusalem that accept Him and His peace and love. Peace is a gift from God to the Body of Christ Jesus, but not the world.

All that are in Christ Jesus are not part of the pit of tribulation and confusion. We don’t walk in darkness but in light, so we separate from them and gather in our Lord. We walk in Light not in man’s wisdom and its darkness. When you seek power and authority then the part of you that is a sinner is in charge. When we are humble, we are as a child putting our trust in God our Father and putting God in charge of our lives.

God loves us and is able to preserve us even in a world with the lost that are under His wrath. So please let us walk before God in light and peace praising His Holy Name togather as neighbors and members of one body.

KJV
Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book? When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back this I know; for God is for me. In God will I praise his word: in the Lord will I praise his word. In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me. Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee.
For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living? Psalms 56: 8-13

KJV
The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3: 35-36 KJV

2008/1/11 9:23Profile
psalm1

tjservant, I think all of us would want to be under the purest possible teaching.
One thing to remember is that there are diverse ministries.
What can be preached in one church would get your head taken off in another.
Man is a polluter. We all are.We all walk a little sideways.
What do you do with the bones when eating fish?
Spit them out......right?
The same with sermons.....spit out the bones
Dont let the bones ruin your fish dinner!

David

2008/1/11 10:21Profile

This is a great question, and one I've not yet seen on SI!

A balanced diet is necessary for both physical and spiritual health. Severe lack of an essential ingredient, or too much of another will cause ill-health.

However, a healthy human body is very adaptable, and able to adjust what nourishment it receives by making use of what is eaten in the most efficient way. Our bodies process the food thoroughly and get rid of any over-excess of one ingredient. Our bodies even deal with small amounts of poison very efficiently. If we are lacking in a particular essential our bodies make the best use of what little is available, and only become ill if the shortage is really severe.

We can even adjust to digest foods we haven't been used to if they are introduced gradually. The traditional Esquimo diet for example was mostly fat. Those of us raised on a different diet would become very ill if we went straight onto their kind of food, because the huge fat overload would overwhelm our processing ability. But if the amount of fat was gradually increased our bodies would adapt.

We even find ourselves craving foods containing an ingredient our bodies need, or substances that contain medicines when we are sick. For example, if we eat too much salt we become thirsty, which helps removal of the excess.

We had a cat who suddenly started eating coal. It turned out he had kidney problems, and something in the coal (sulphur?) helped. When working abroad I spent a week away, eating the local diet that was rather low in protein. On my return, though normally not much of a meat eater, I couldn't get enough of it.

And everyone knows what pregnant women can be like with cravings!

I'm sure that this can be used as an analogy of a healthy spiritual life also. A sick mind or body will sometimes crave wrong food, as will a sick spirit - but that's not the norm.

If possible, find a church where there is good Bible teaching, but don't be limited to that. listen to a variety of good sermons, or read good books, from various points of view. (And/or join a forum such as SI!)

Whether "eating at home" or "eating out", a healthy spirit will soon learn what is good and what is not! Especially if we study and follow the "recipe book"!

As we study the Scriptures, after a while we get to know the right "smell and taste" of what is His provision and what is not. How many of us have encountered teaching that maybe [i]sounded[/i] OK, but made us uneasy? And how often did it turn out on investigation that there really was something wrong?

Jesus said that we feed on HIM. Let's seek Him, obey HIM, and eat that which we sense is from HIM in any teaching we hear, and we won't go too far wrong.

Blessings

Jeannette

2008/1/11 12:58

Re:

I even found some of the less extreme teachings of the "Prosperity Gospel" helpful on first hearing them. They were very unbalanced, but happened to contain one "ingredient" that I needed . I was very negative, introspective and guilty, and the upbeat, positive style of teaching, and the affirmation of God's love was something needed at the time.

But you can't live on candy all your life!

Jeannette

2008/1/11 13:02
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
What do you do with the bones when eating fish? Spit them out......right? The same with sermons.....spit out the bones. Dont let the bones ruin your fish dinner!

I’m glad you brought this “fish and bones” thing up. While I understand what you’re saying, I’m coming from a different angle. We eat fish knowing the hazards are there. Fish do not misrepresent themselves. We look for the bones because we know fish have them. This fits well with an archival website such as this one.

I’m talking about ministries/messages that claim they have none. The ones that say they have left no ingredient out, but have the recipe so out of balance it has become toxic.

Even though all the essentials are there…it is poison.

2008/1/11 15:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy