SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : EASTER VARIABLE

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

EASTER VARIABLE

Someone at my husband's workplace asked him why Easter is at a different time every year.

He said if an event happened at a certain time, shouldn't it be remembered at that time every year, like Christmas?

As it is, my husband would like to know the same thing also, and so would I.

Why does Easter fall on a different time every year?

Last year it was in April and this year it is in March.

I would be grateful for any replies. Thanks.

God bless.

2008/1/10 8:26Profile
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re: EASTER VARIABLE

The secular community-Government, is the body of people that stipulate and regulate when these days are actually celebrated. These decisions are often influenced by balanced economics of the business community.

Quote:

enid wrote:
Someone at my husband's workplace asked him why Easter is at a different time every year...

He said if an event happened at a certain time,

2008/1/10 8:34Profile

When we celebrate the Resurrection is dictated by when Pass Over lands on the Jewish calendar... and I believe it floats because it has to do with the new moon or something like that.

Jesus celebrated Pass Over w/ His disciples just before His arrest, trial and crucifixion.

Feel free to celebrate the Resurrection everyday tho! Not just on one particular day. :-)

Krispy

2008/1/10 8:39

Re:

Quote:
The secular community-Government, is the body of people that stipulate and regulate when these days are actually celebrated. These decisions are often influenced by balanced economics of the business community.

This is not true... it has to do with the lunar calendar. The above statement is bunk.

Here's an answer I found:

[i]Easter Sunday falls on the first Sunday after the first Full moon after the Spring Equinox. so this year the Equinox falls on Fri Mar 21st, Full moon on Sat 22nd and Hence Easter Sunday on Mar 23rd. The earliest possible it could be. Passover also follows the Lunar calendar but with a different formula. We know that the cruxifiction occured at the time of Passover, but no exact date by our own calendar.
Likewise we have no idea when Jesus' birthday actually was, it has arbitrarily decided by the Church Years ago to celebrate it on Dec 25th.[/i]

Krispy

2008/1/10 8:39
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:

nowhr2hide wrote:

Hi nowhr2hide, what you said has nothing to do with the date of easter.

[url=http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=easter+different+dates&btnG=Google+Search]Try some search and you will find the answer.[/url]

2008/1/10 8:51Profile
nowhr2hide

Australia

Re:

:-) ain't me who responce on that sister, my dear hubby is. just saw it. sorry for not so intelectual as others here. It is a bit confusing really about the date of easter, for me doesn't matter if march or april it is not the main point, it's the reminder of Christ sacrifice had done for us. I will not enter my self in trivial issue than any thing. I am more interested of hearing testimony of Christ manifesting to other people lives, and their obidience in the calling of the Holy Spirit.
I apologise for the responce gave by my husband if it's not sound spiritual or off key.
But hey, Praise God! Easter day is the reminder of how Jesus Christ suffered for the sin of mankind.
.... and i will try to look on that link you've post thanks Tears of joy.

2008/1/10 9:34Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Thanks for the replies everyone. Makes sense about the lunar calendar and why Easter is variable.

Will pass the info on. Thanks.

God bless

2008/1/10 11:31Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

When explaining this to an earlier generation I used to seal the point by singing the first line of 'Moonlight and Moses...' :-D I doubt that would appeal to the intellectuals among us. ;-)

2008/1/11 9:03Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy