SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Preparation for the end times

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Preparation for the end times

Hi Miccah

Some good points on this thread already.

It is true that those who have families would seek to protect them, but how? What's to stop the coming persecution from taking those goods and lands?

I don't believe its wrong to prepare in some practical way, any more than its wrong to save, or to keep the store cupboards reasonably full. But, as others have said, it's the spiritual preparation that is vital.

One preparation that hasn't been mentioned yet is to increase our giving and thus "store up treasure in heaven" and bless the poor while we still may?

Of course, not having close relatives or a family to provide for, I'm in a different position from many.

For example, the Lord hasn't yet led me to make a will. I've prayed about it often, feeling I ought to, but hit a blank wall every time - as if He's saying no.

There could be more than one reason for that:

1. That He does want me to make a will but hasn't yet shown who should benefit.

2. That Jesus is coming back, and I won't die physically so there's no point making a will.

3. That financial collapse or persecution will leave nothing to make a will for.

Blessings

Jeannette

2008/1/6 14:54

Re:

Quote:

Miccah wrote:
well this thread isn't going as planned. :-)

Do you mind about that? :-P

2008/1/6 14:56
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:

LittleGift wrote:
Quote:

Miccah wrote:
well this thread isn't going as planned. :-)

Do you mind about that? :-P

Not at all! In fact, this post and those that have posted have been such a blessing to me. I am not above reproach, rebuke, correction, instruction and teaching. I always welcome such. Some of my weaknesses are others strengths. Some of my strengths are others weaknesses. The body consists of many different giftings and blessings. How awesome is it to have fellow brothers and sisters that will love me (and us) enough to be honest in correction and teaching.

I started this thread (unknown to me at the time) with very real and fleshy thoughts that had nothing to do with the Kingdom and all about the world. Even though I thought that it was about the Kingdom, the deception would not let go, until reading the postings here and really sitting back and meditating and praying on this.

As for me, for a while I have been under attack from the enemy about the preservation of my family. That little rascal of an enemy knows right where to hit. Thank the Lord that He knows what I need even more then the enemy knows what hurts me. So please, keep going with the Word. I love it.

Thank you brothers and sisters. The responses here have blessed me by getting me through this round of attacks from the enemy. In an effort to shape my own future, I have been "gently" reminded of the truth. And that truth is...

Victory is the Lords!

2008/1/6 15:25Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

Miccah wrote:

Not at all! In fact, this post and those that have posted have been such a blessing to me.

Very good to hear that Miccah. Sometimes on these threads it is difficult to convey in our comments the warmth we feel to one another... apart from using one of those little happy faces. :-)

Let me relate to you a tale. This is a classic. And a true story. I'll keep it very brief: the details are somewhat vague in my memory. Nevertheless this is a true story: it was covered in the secular press.

Back in the 1980's there was a man who searched his atlas and his globe to find a place on earth that would be a safe haven from what the man felt was impending trouble. He knew even back then that our little planet was in trouble, and so he wanted to find a place where he could be safely preserved from "the storm."

After a lot of research he finally came up with the ideal spot: the Falkland Islands off the coast of Argentina... (Are you remembering? Do I need to tell the punchline?)

Well... he moved there and got all snugged in. Very cozy. Very nice. Safe and secure from all alarms...

Till suddenly, of all things! Almost immediately upon his having got all snugged in, it all began to unravel! There was a calamitous war beteen England and Argentina over these totally unknown and insiginicant islands! Almost anywhere else on earth at that time would have been safer than those obscure little islands!

Moral of the story: you move to the north woods and get comfortably settled in there, and... you end up in more trouble there than if you had stayed at home.

I have heard that David Wilkerson, in all his prophecies of great trouble coming upon New York City, has felt the Lord telling him to stay in New York City.

Because, there IS a "Place" of shelter and security for us. What we need to do is make Psalm 91 more than a memorized passage of beautiful Scripture. "He that dwelleth in the Secret Place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty." We must earnestly seek this Place... and enter this Place, and abide in this Place... which is actually a Person. "I will say of the LORD, HE is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in Him will I trust."

And, as you read the psalm, it is clear that this Secret Place is right in the very midst of trouble. "I will be with him in trouble..."

AD

2008/1/6 16:08Profile

Re:

Adisciple said:

Quote:
I have heard that David Wilkerson, in all his prophecies of great trouble coming upon New York City, has felt the Lord telling him to stay in New York City.

Thank you for putting this here, this warmed my heart just reading it. God is our protector and shield in any storm.

2008/1/6 17:01
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone,

Thought I would put out a question: can we think of any examples from the Bible of saftey in the midst of judgement?

2008/1/6 18:01Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:

ChrisJD wrote:
Hi everyone,

Thought I would put out a question: can we think of any examples from the Bible of saftey in the midst of judgement?

Israel in Egypt.

2008/1/6 21:31Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi PreachParsly,

That's what I was thinking of also.

Any others?

2008/1/6 21:47Profile
dohzman

Re: many examples

Isa 26:20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and close your doors behind you.
Hide for a little while until the wrath has passed.
Isa 26:21 For look, the Lord is coming from His place
to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity.
The earth will reveal the blood shed on it
and will no longer conceal her slain.

The life and testamony of Corrie ten Boom is a good comtempory, but God has always preserved His remnant, rember the Hebrew children in babylon from the book of Daniel? That would be another good example.

2008/1/6 23:07Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

ChrisJD wrote:

Hi Chris...

Yes, Israel in Egypt. Here are some others.

Noah and his family.

Damiel in the lions' den.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fiery furnace.

AD

2008/1/6 23:09Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy