SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 8

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"God is not looking for brilliant men, is not depending upon eloquent men, is not shut up to the use of talented men in sending His Gospel out in the world. God is looking for the broken men who have judged themselves in the light of the Cross of Christ. When He wants anything done, He takes up men who have come to the end of themselves, whose confidence is not in themselves, but in God."
-H.A. Ironside

2008/4/14 14:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Though the cross of Christ has been beautified by the poet and the artist, the avid seeker after God is likely to find it the same savage implement of destruction it was in the days of old. The way of the cross is still the pain-wracked path to spiritual power and fruitfulness. So do not seek to hide from it. Do not accept an easy way. Do not allow yourself to be patted to sleep in a comfortable church, void of power and barren of fruit. Do not paint the cross nor deck it with flowers. Take it for what it is, as it is, and you will find it the rugged way to death and life. Let it slay you utterly."
-A.W. Tozer

2008/4/17 13:10Profile
HeartSong

Re:

So much as one person with a contrary spirit to God is enough to affect all the meetings - that the revival fire did not flow until that person broke and confessed, or the Lord removed him.
- Jonathan Goforth

K-033 Extravagant Love - Art Katz

2008/4/23 22:30Profile
HeartSong

Re:

"I've seen more Christians destroyed by ambition than any other sin - discontent in the heart, always pushing and jockeying - moving for some new thing, some new position . . . It's not what we do, it's that we do what we're called to do and that in it we glorify God" - Carter Conlon

Dying to Glorify God - Carter Conlon

2008/4/26 15:17Profile

Re:

"Being a king, emperor, or president is mighty small potatoes compared to being a mother. Commanding an army is little more than sweeping a street compared with training a boy or girl. The mother of Moses did more for the world than all the kings that Egypt ever had. Oh, you wait until you reach the mountains of eternity, then read the mothers' names in God's Hall of Fame. I tell you women: Fooling away your time, hugging and kissing poodle dogs, drinking a cocktail, and playing cards is mighty small business compared to molding the life of a child!"

~ Billy Sunday

2008/4/29 20:16
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"I want the presence of God Himself, or I don't want anything at all to do with religion...I want all that God has or I don't want any."
-A.W. Tozer

2008/4/30 2:22Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Great Quotes 8

Apparently while preaching one day John Wesley was alarmed to discover several members of his congregation had fallen asleep.

" Fire! Fire! " Wesley suddenly cried whereupon the guilty parishioners jumped with alarm.

Where? They demanded glancing around

“In Hell” Wesley replied, “For those who sleep under the preaching of God’s Word.”

2008/4/30 14:33Profile
psalm1

Re:

I like this Quote from Jonathan Edwards;

Holy laughter also occurred in early evangelical and holiness circles. Jonathan Edwards describes the reaction of some who were converted in the Great Awakening revival:

"Their joyful surprise has caused their hearts as it were to leap, so that they have been ready to break forth into laughter, tearing often at the same time issuing like a flood, and intermingling a loud weeping."

Jonathan Edwards

2008/4/30 17:09Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

This is false presumption of the author of the article you quoted that what J. Edwards is discribing here is 'holy' laughter. Jonathan Edwards's quote is just the second part of your quote, which has nothing to do with what you call 'holy' laughter. If you quoted only the Jonathan Edwards quote, without any presumption and comments, no one will make conclusion that this is the kind of the 'holy' laughter manifestation that you are trying to pull here on SI.

[url=http://www.discernment-ministries.org/Holy_Laughter.htm]Holy Laughter or Strong Delusion[/url]

2008/4/30 17:26Profile
psalm1

Re:

I like this quote from Charles Finney;

Charles Finney wrote that after he testified about his experience of being baptized in the Spirit, a usually serious elder of his church "fell into a most spasmodic laughter. It seemed as if it was impossible for him to keep from laughing from the very bottom of his heart"

Charles Finney

2008/4/30 22:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy