SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Great Quotes 8

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Revival will come only to a desperate church, not a contented one. He is ever the Rewarder of those who 'diligently seek Him.' not the mere casual inquirer."

"Most Americans worship their work, work at their play, and play at their worship."

"No one wants revival in the church more than He Who died to purchase her and make her His very own precious, holy Bride!"

"We end up blaming God's sovereignty for the sad state of the church. If there is no revival in the church, we can be very sure that the lack is on our part and not God's!"

"...we want Him as long as He doesn't change what we like. But any person not open to change is NOT open to revival."

"It is far better to drive men away by faithful preaching than to drive the Holy Spirit away by unfaithful preaching!"

"Given the state of the church today, there is no comfortable way to get into the place of genuine revival blessing! It may be very painful for us."

"We have a great fear of 'losing our dignity' (we mistakenly think that we have some dignity), or having others thingk that we 'don't have it all together.' This is the essense of the heart of a hypocrite."

"We must come to the place where we can honestly say, 'I'm not afraid of holiness. I'm not going to be afraid of going all the way with God, cost whatever it may."

"All throughout the Bible and history, revival has come only as God's people begin to take His word and His promises seriously. Search the scriptures, and let them search you!"

"'Discord' is the very opposite of the 'one accord' that we read of in the book of Acts that made her such a mighty vessel of God. Unforgiveness hidden in the church is like a bullet left in the body! Are we more concerned about our opinions and interest than we are the honor of God?"

"The devil wants to lure us into a thousand things that will dull us to the Truth and cause us to become passive and bored with, or distracted from, the deep things of God."

"God will not do, apart from prayer, what He has promised to do in answer to prayer."

"Without the heartbeat of prayer, the body of Christ will resemble a corpse. The church is dying on her feet because she is not living on her knees."

-Al Whittinghill

2008/5/27 22:54Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"We act like pagans in a crisis, only one out of a crowd is daring enough to bank his faith in the character of God."
-Oswald Chambers

2008/5/30 20:12Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"Whenever the true message of the cross is abolished, the anger of hyprocrites and heretics ceases.. and all things are in peace. This is a sure token that the devil is guarding the entry to the house, and that the PURE doctrine of God's Word has been taken away. The Church then, is in the BEST state, when Satan assaileth it on every side... both with subtle sleights, and outright violence. And likewise it is in the WORST statem when it is most at peace!"
-Martin Luther

"Whatever is preached in peace is not the gospel."
-Martin Luther

2008/6/2 23:20Profile
Alf

Miami, FL

Re:

"Christianity has not been weighed in the balances and found wanted, it has been tried found difficult and rejected."

- Leonard Ravenhill

2008/6/5 8:47Profile
Fuegodedios

Richmond, VA

Re:

“If we try to win the world by being like the world the world will win you!”

-Keith Daniel

2008/6/5 9:12Profile
HeartSong

Re:

"It doesn't have to be a barrage of information to lead a soul to Christ. Sometimes you just have to speak their name."

Where Have You Taken Jesus? - Carter Conlon

2008/6/19 3:03Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Christ hath come,
and run away to heaven with my heart and my love,
so that neither heart nor love is mine.

- Samuel Rutherford

2008/6/21 1:28Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Great Quotes 8

"[i]I get accused occasionally by some of these hard-edged theologians of being a mystic, which I don't deny. A mystic is simply somebody who believes it is possible to commune with God Almighty right now through Jesus Christ in the Spirit and know it and have a sense of heaven all around him and being in the presence of God even when he's in the presence of men. If that's being a mystic then I plead guilty and I am.[/i]"

(Sermon, "Reformation," Chicago) A.W. Tozer

2008/6/22 9:15Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Great Quotes 8

The word “mystic” ... refers to that personal spiritual experience common to the saints of Bible times and well known to multitudes of persons in the post-Biblical era. I refer to the evangelical mystic who has been brought by the gospel into intimate fellowship with the Godhead. His theology is no less and no more than is taught in the Christian Scriptures. He walks the high road of truth where walked of old prophets and apostles, and where down the centuries walked martyrs, reformers, Puritans, evangelists and missionaries of the cross. He differs from the ordinary orthodox Christian only because he experiences his faith down in the depths of his sentient being while the other does not. He exists in a world of spiritual reality. He is quietly, deeply, and sometimes almost ecstatically aware of the Presence of God in his own nature and in the world around him. His religious experience is something elemental, as old as time and the creation. It is immediate acquaintance with God by union with the Eternal Son. It is to know that which passes knowledge.

([i]The Christian Book of Mystical Verse[/i], p.vi) A.W. Tozer

2008/6/22 9:18Profile
Axe1338

Miami, Fl

Re: Great Quotes 8

"The church used to confess its sin, now it confesses its rght."

-David Wilkerson from Christ a stranger

2008/6/22 15:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy