SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Bridegroom Soon To Come by Sarah Foulkes Moore

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Bridegroom Soon To Come by Sarah Foulkes Moore

[u][b]The Bridegroom Soon To Come[/b][/u]

by Sarah Foulkes Moore

Very soon the Lord is coming! He is coming as a bridegroom. He is coming for a bride. He leaves ivory palaces to come for her because He greatly desires her beauty.

The beauty of the bride of Christ is portrayed in the bridal Psalm (Psalm 45) as "all glorious within" (v. 13). The glory of the Lord is mentioned many times in Scripture. One translation of the word "glory" is beauty, meaning the beauty of the Lord. Hence we worship the Lord in the beauty of His holiness (1 Chronicles 16:29).

So likewise His bride, whom He comes from heaven to receive, is portrayed in prophetic type and antitype as adorned in the beauty of holiness. Her clothing is of wrought gold (Psalm 45:13). Christ espouses to Himself a bride who is glorious within and without. By revelation, Paul sees Christ presenting to Himself this bride, "Glorious…not having spot, or wrinkle" (Ephesians 5:27). John the seer envisions the bride in heaven. The one thing he emphasizes is the fact that she has made herself ready! (Revelation 19:7).

Our Responsibility Is to Be Ready!

The Church of the firstborn (Hebrews 12:23) is spoken of as a virgin, meaning a people separated from the world unto God. Paul wrote to the Christians under his ministry, "…I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ" (2 Corinthians 11:2).

Get Ready!

Christian, are you all glorious within? Are your spiritual robes without spot or wrinkle? God abhors garments spotted by the flesh. He wants us to abhor them! (Jude, v. 23).

Christ is coming as a bridegroom. He is coming for a bride. Beloved, are you so spiritually beautiful that He will desire to return with you to His throne, and to His Father and to His angels? "Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments…" (Revelation 16:15).

Now is the time for us to awake out of sleep and stir ourselves to watching and prayer, for the signs of His appearing are everywhere around us.

2008/1/5 18:13
psalm1

Re: The Bridegroom Soon To Come by Sarah Foulkes Moore

Rev. 22;17 And the spirit and the bride say come,And let him that heareth say come, and let he that is athirst say come. And whosoever will, let him take of the water of life freely.
Come Lord Jesus!
Luke 21;36 watch ye therefore and pray always that ye be counted worthy to escape the things that shall come to pass and stand before the son of man

Jesus let me be counted worthy to escape those things.

David

2008/1/5 22:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy