SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : August 5 - Judges 19; Acts 23; Jeremiah 33; Psalms 3-4

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MommaBear

Evans, Georgia USA

August 5 - Judges 19; Acts 23; Jeremiah 33; Psalms 3-4

We read in Acts 23 that Paul was before the Council and was put away so he wouldn’t be “torn to pieces.”

But on the night immediately following, the Lord stood at his side and said, "Take courage; for as you have solemnly witnessed to My cause at Jerusalem, so you must witness at Rome also." Acts 23:11

It was the will of the Lord to send Paul to Rome. God used Paul’s nephew to foil a plot the Jews had to kill Paul. You see, when it is God’s will for you to do something, and you are completely surrendered to Him, “nothing can stop what He is doing”.

“Do not be discouraged if things do not happen right away, God is putting everything in order.” (A Christian Believer in Kenya)

MBear

2003/8/5 9:01Profile
MommaBear

Evans, Georgia USA

Re: August 5 - Judges 19; Acts 23; Jeremiah 33; Psalms 3-4

Judges 19 if read with the natural eye can be one of the most disturbing chapters in the Bible. However, it is an incredible analogy of the Church of Jesus Christ. Read it again in that light. Do you see it?

The concubine played the harlot…the church.
The husband went after her…Christ.
Sustain yourself with a piece of bread. (this body which is broken for you)
Remember, Jebus is Jerusalem.

Selah...

MBear

2003/8/5 9:13Profile
MommaBear

Evans, Georgia USA

Re: August 5 - Judges 19; Acts 23; Jeremiah 33; Psalms 3-4

How my adversaries have increased! Many are rising up against me.
Many are saying of my soul, "There is no deliverance for him in God." Selah.
But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head.
I was crying to the LORD with my voice, And He answered me from His holy mountain. Selah.
I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustains me.
I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people Who have set themselves against me round about.
Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God! For You have smitten all my enemies on the cheek; You have shattered the teeth of the wicked.
Salvation belongs to the LORD; Your blessing be upon Your people! Selah
Psalm 3

Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my
distress; Be gracious to me and hear my prayer.
O sons of men, how long will my honor become a reproach? How long will you love what is worthless and aim at deception? Selah.
But know that the LORD has set apart the godly man for Himself; The LORD hears when I call to Him.
Tremble, and do not sin; Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And trust in the LORD.
Many are saying, "Who will show us any good?" Lift up the light of Your countenance upon us, O LORD!
You have put gladness in my heart, More than when their grain and new wine abound.
In peace I will both lie down and sleep, For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety.
Psalm 4

"He is beautiful, He is good" from the song, Holy (Beautiful)

MBear

2003/8/5 9:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy