Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What's your Key Verse for 2008

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
kingsson

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Re:

This is truly an excellent post. We tend to look at the GIFTS, rather than the GIVER; the HEALING rather than the HEALER. It is Christ in me that is my hope (expected end) of glory: Not how well "I do" at portraying Him, but how much of me DIES and exchanges my life for His. I have two verses that have been coming back to me time and again as I contemplate the new year.

Galatians 2:20: "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me."

2Corinthians 2:14: "Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place."

Not only does God ALWAYS cause us to triumph, but then we get to go tell others and bear witness to Him! How awesome is that?!

2008/1/5 7:25Profile
BlazedbyGod

Re:

Luke 1:8 And it came to pass, that while he executed the priest's office before God in the order of his course,9 According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord. 10 And the whole multitude of the people were praying without at the time of incense.

Oh, how I love this. I want to be the one who burns the pure incense to ignite prayer FOR THE PEOPLE WITHOUT TEMPLE (without the presence)

I love how it mentions that Zacharias EXECUTED the simple task, which was yet so honorable in the sight of the Lord, of burning the incense.....he was faithful and disicipline even in this simple task of worship...

2008/1/5 10:44Profile
Swordbearer

Re:

[u][b]Psa 27:4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple. [/b][/u]

This verse jumped out at me several days ago and has been on my mind ever since. By the Grace of God I am going to grab hold of this verse with both hands...and not let go! I desire nothing more than to be able to look at this verse as a testimony in the future. I believe that if I could honestly say that this verse was 100% true in my life, almost every other area of life would be perfectly in accordance with the will of Christ... Worshiping in the Beauty of Holiness.
Aaron

2008/1/5 20:47Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re:

Phil 4:9 Those things which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me do, and the God of peace shall be with you.

2008/1/5 21:34Profile
frazier72

Re: What's your Key Verse for 2008

I love Psalms 27:4 but a life verse for me is Col. 2:6-7. Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude.

Also Romans 12:1-2 Therefore I urge you brethren by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spirtual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.

2008/1/6 0:01Profile
Lowly

Re:

"BUT EVEN IF I AM BEING POURED OUT AS A DRINK OFFERING UPON THE SACRIFICE AND SERVICE OF YOUR FAITH, I REJOICE AND SHARE MY JOY WITH YOU ALL." PHIL 2:17

Paul spoke these words knowing it was his last days.

"Brethren, join in following my example and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us." Phil 3:17

In His amazing love,
Lowly
"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls." Matt 11:29

2008/1/6 11:04Profile
davyman

Re:

Phil. 3:10-11 "that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead."

I need the constant reminder in my life that the Christian life is not just fellowship with the blessings of Christ, but the fellowship of His sufferings.

No one likes to be reminded of death, but the goal seems to be becoming like Christ in His death, so that in death we may attain the resurrection. Whoa is that powerful! So none of the petty uneasinesses of sharing the Gospel, of turning away from worldly enticements or the gossip and coarse talk of co-workers, are valid in comparison to the goal of resurrection and the eternal weight of glory that awaits us.

SDG,

Dave

2008/1/6 12:17Profile
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re:

I have 2 I think, the first is a word that God has laid on my heart to wrestle with and warn others of, the second is a prayer that God will withhold the judgment on America for the blood of the babies.

I pray He will show our land mercy, and send revival instead of judgment.

[b][color=FF0000]Jeremiah 6:10

To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? behold, their ear is closed, and they cannot listen: behold, the word of the Lord has become a reproach unto them; and they have no delight in it.[/color][/b]

[b][color=FF0000]Joel 2:14

Who knoweth if he will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the LORD your God?[/color][/b]

2008/1/7 10:47Profile

Re:

I think they are all key but here is one that sticks out for me today.

Isa 5:20-23
20 Woe to those who call evil good
and good evil,
who put darkness for light
and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet
and sweet for bitter.

21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
and clever in their own sight.

22 Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine
and champions at mixing drinks,
23 who acquit the guilty for a bribe,