SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Readiness, a sign of commitment

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Readiness, a sign of commitment

[b]Extreme Readiness[/b]

Readiness is a sign of commitment. Commitment that is unprepared to sacrifice is merely compromise in disguise. For example, consider the marriage commitment. It costs one’s selfishness and deals a heavy blow to one’s sense of independence. However, the result is a stronger marriage. Relationships that are not ready to sacrifice for the sake of commitment do not last. Compromise takes a steady toll and weakens our desire and ability to be committed. In the same way, the believer’s commitment to Christ must exact a price in order to maintain its value. We must prepare for the test of our commitment by daily affirming that Christianity is worth it. It’s worth spending our time in daily prayer. It’s worth gathering for worship at church. It’s worth enduring hardship and trial, abuse, and even arrest for the privilege of maintaining our commitment without compromise.

-Extreme Devotion, Day 3

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=21548&forum=48&7]Ministry founder: U.S. Christians 'absolutely not prepared' for persecution[/url]

2008/1/3 22:02

Re: Readiness, a sign of commitment

"It’s worth enduring hardship and trial, abuse, and even arrest for the privilege of maintaining our commitment without compromise."

Praise God - Amen!

2008/1/3 23:58
jimp

Re: Readiness, a sign of commitment

hi, yrs. ago i was asst. pastor at a church that had about 80 families. the pastor yook his phd. and went headlong into a "cult". the deacons smugly implied to me that i had played politics to get the church after he left. God said no to me after being offered. they gave the chuch over to a young enthusiastic man who had little training. he ran out of sermons in a few mos. and the church split and vanished. you must be prepared. jimp

2008/1/4 0:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy