SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Hurt

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
psalm1

Re:

This humility thing is freaking me out! If we dont get back to dogma real soon ,all the folk are gonna think we got baptised in love or something!
Can you imagine love being deeper than our lips?
Maybe it took a babe in Christ to upset our apple cart.
In picking up the pieces we discover the culling process somehow got neglected.
"examine yourselves to see whether or not ye be of the faith."

I suppose I also need to apologise for a few choice words I coulda deleted from some of my "inspired posts."[some of you are probably saying "you're inspired alright"]

David

2008/1/4 10:09Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

psalm1 wrote:
Maybe it took a babe in Christ to upset our apple cart.
David

..."These things saith the Son of God, who hath His eyes like unto a flameoffire..."

Search me, O God, and know my heart today;
Try me O Saviour, know my thoughts, I pray.
See if there be some wicked way in me;
Cleanse me from every sin and set me free.

I praise Thee, Lord, for cleansing me from sin;
Fulfill Thy Word, and make me pure within.
Fill me with fire where once I burned with shame;
Grand my desire to magnify Thy Name.

Lord, take my life, and make it wholly Thine;
Fill my poor heart with Thy great love divine.
Take all my will, my passion, self, and pride;
I now surrender, Lord: in me abide.

O Holy Ghost, revival comes from Thee;
Send a revival, start the work in me.
Thy Word declares Thou wilt supply our need;
For blessing now, O Lord, I humbly plead.

2008/1/4 11:38Profile
kingsson

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Re:

Well I have to say that when I first encountered this forum several weeks ago it reminded me of a bunch of Pharisees all sitting around trying to be more "right" than one another. That is not a condemnation, just an observation from "outside". I had only just started when my hard drive fried and I found we had to get a new computer... just in time for Christmas! (But my son got a new one for Christmas, so graciously passed his old one on to us, bless his heart!) So here I am again, and blessed to be in such august and esteemed company. Like any fellowship of believers, or a church one visits for the first time, there are many of you who have obviously known each other for years, etc. This can make it pretty intimidating for someone new to come in and start participating. When people know each other well, they talk in familiar ways to each other... and READING it instead of listening in means we don't get to hear the love, the feeling, the sentiment behind the words. For example, one can say something to another that the recipient KNOWS is a "joke" or meant in a certain way. But since EVERYONE gets to read what they are "saying" to each other, it can appear differently - because we don't all know the depth or level of relationship between the two communicants. Not sure if I am explaining very well what I am trying to say.
The nature of my job means I am away most of the week anyway,and only get to even come close to spending time on SI on the weekends... except this week because of the holiday. I read more than I respond or contribute. Not everyone has to hear my opinions on everything. Jesus only said and did what His Father said and did. He didn't feel compelled to be involved in everything. So this is where God has me now... learning to be in tune with HIM; speaking only when HE says to and saying only what HE gives me, not necessarily weighing in with my own opinions. Believe me, nobody is more conscious than I that "brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended..." I am a long way off, but as has been said, God is still working on me! Thank God He never gives up on us!

2008/1/4 14:29Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:

kingsson wrote:

Jesus only said and did what His Father said and did. He didn't feel compelled to be involved in everything. So this is where God has me now... learning to be in tune with HIM; speaking only when HE says to and saying only what HE gives me,

Hi kingsson.

Nobody else has posted anything on this so far, (EDIT, I mean since you last posted) ...but I wanted to let you know I appreciated what you wrote.

This sees the mark. We are not there yet, but we are going to get there.

This is the yoke Jesus walked in, and we are "invited" (our Lord is so gracious) to walk in it as well. Such restraint, yet at the same time such wondrous liberty. Freedom from myself, from my own carnal mind!

And we ARE going to get there, because the Holy Spirit in us is confined to the same yoke the Son walked in. Jesus when He was here said, "The Son can do nothing of Himself but what He seeth the Father do..." (Jn. 5.19). And, "The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself, but the Father that dwelleth in Me..." (Jn. 14.10).

And-- this is the thing-- the Holy Spirit is under the same restraint. "Howbeit when He the Spirit of truth is come, He will guide you into all truth; for He shall not speak of (that is, from) Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak..." (Jn. 14.13).

How then can we, who are the temples of the Holy Spirit, speak from ourselves, and continue to have opinions on all things, and say and do whatever is good in our own eyes? We must give the Holy Spirit His lordship in our lives in all we say and do. And, given His lordship, He will only speak what He hears the Son of God speaking, will only do what He sees the Son of God doing.

The Holy Spirit is commissioned to bring us into union with the Son of God so that God is seen and heard in His temple in the earth again.

We are not there yet, but we are going to get there. We are going to get there. At least, those who press toward the mark are going to get there (Phil. 3.14).

"So run that ye may obtain" (1 Cor. 9.24). Apparently the thought here is that we need to run the way a winner runs. "Run THUS..." And in doing so, we shall obtain the prize.

(EDIT...adding this: Also much appreciated what everybody else has said on this thread earlier as well.)

AD

2008/1/5 16:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy