SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "Desiring the 'gifts' of The Spirit"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Good Post Suzy. :-)

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance (self-control): against such there is no law.”

Till Christ be formed in you. "Fruit" - singular.

Reminded me of the love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance that we have before the world, as a last days witness and these verses...

1Pe 3:12-16 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?
But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

Very neat - Thank you!!

2008/1/2 22:46

Re: One Body ~

1Co 12:14 For the body is not one member, but many.
1Co 12:15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
1Co 12:17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
1Co 12:18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
1Co 12:19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
1Co 12:20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
1Co 12:21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
1Co 12:22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
1Co 12:23 And those members of the body, which we think to be less honorable, upon these we bestow more abundant honor; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
1Co 12:24 For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honor to that part which lacked:
1Co 12:25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
1Co 12:26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honored, all the members rejoice with it.
1Co 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Bless The LORD!

2008/1/13 15:11
psalm1

Re:

HE-Reigns,

Till Christ be formed in you. "Fruit" - singular

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:
Good Post Suzy. :-)

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance (self-control): against such there is no law.”

Till Christ be formed in you. "Fruit" - singular.

I wonder why it is important that "fruit" be singular?
I read over this thread and from what i gather
the consensus is dont desire any spiritual gifts.?:-(

Why would fruit singular play a role?
just curious

David

2008/1/16 20:22Profile

Re:

Hia Brother - maybe if you take another look.
The first posts were saying that a person can be used in ALL the gifts - if they are where God wants them and the "fruit" is Singular - because that's what Gal 5:22 says.

If you "put on Christ"/"walk in the Spirit", you'll have His love, joy, peace, longsuffering, patience - Etc.
That's why "they" are called 'fruit-singular' - and not "fruits".

LORD Bless.

2008/1/17 1:17

Re: "Desiring the 'gifts' of The Spirit"

Quote:
the "fruit" is Singular - because that's what Gal 5:22 says.

David,

If you think about it, the fruit of the Spirit is borne through abiding in the Vine. This is different from the anointing of the Holy Spirit which brings the enabling of certain gifts to individual believers' lives, by which the body is edified - built up - to the increase of itself in love (Eph 4:16). Personally, I believe that evangelism is also about the edification of the body, because until all the members have been brought in, we are incomplete.

There was a discussion in another thread about this, and lovegrace pointed out there are people who appear to have power, but not character. I am not advocating this split, because I don't see it in Jesus. The spread of scripture which was offered by HE_Reigns, is a blessed reminder of Paul's exhortations to live [u]and walk[/u] in the Spirit, when these manifestations of the grace of God upon our lives, should be inevitable. Thank you, Annie.

2008/1/17 13:15

Re:

Thank you Sis for drawing that picture clearer for us. We can use all the help that we can get. That's Good Body functioning. :-)

I'm asking here for prayer for Moe and pastorfrin.

Thank you!!!

2008/1/17 15:42
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Who is the Gifted One?

Who distributes the Gifts as He pleases.

None of the gifts will be used unless it is Christ in you that wants them used and the Holy Spirit makes sure they are as Christ says.

John 15:4-5 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

The Vine is the gifted One, the Holy Spirit is the One that distributes the Gifts of the Gifted One Jesus Christ.

John 15:4-5 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Then the Holy Spirit can distribute the Gifts as He Pleases.

John 16:13-15 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

We are not the gifted ones. He that is in us is the only Gifted One and a mind given to Christ and presenting your bodies a living sacrifice are the only way through Jesus Christ that a gift may be operated, not as we choose but as He chooses.

In Christ the only Gifted One: Phillip

2008/1/17 17:43Profile

Re: not as we choose but as He chooses.

Amen ~ Thank you Brother Philip!

2008/1/17 17:59
psalm1

Re:

HE-Reigns, I am not an English teacher but if i had a bowl of different fruit on my table and someone said "look at that bowl of fruits",wouldn't you correct them?
Reindeer is plural and singular is it not?
Maybe I am wrong but this stuck out to me

David

2008/1/17 21:22Profile
psalm1

Re: "Desiring the 'gifts' of The Spirit"

HE-Reigns, have you seen this verse? 1Co 12:31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet show I unto you a more excellent way.
It does look like from this verse the gifts are asked for?

Quote:

HE_Reigns wrote:
I believe it may be very important to have an accurate view of the 'gifts'.

The verses in these 3 Chapters [u]must[/u] each be read in context - as they were written. Just as each sentence begins with a conjunction for that purpose. To seperate these verses from the context - from the surrounding verses, is to mis-interpret the subject of the gifts.

HE_Reigns, should not 1cor12;31 be added for context?

David

2008/1/17 22:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy