SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : An Open Letter of Apology and of Asking Your Forgiveness ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: An Open Letter of Apology and of Asking Your Forgiveness ...

I kept some of the words from Ironman in the back of my mind as 2007 was coming to a close. I wondered if what was spoken was true. I even told my Mother to which she said nothing and I ended it with, "I don't know if what was said was true or not, we'll see what happens".

I don't think any of you is a false prophet, I think that you are still children (like us) wanting to be used of God in some way. We haven't really learned how to wait on the LORD.

I few weeks ago I was in a home meeting when one of the ladies spoke up about her difficulties that she was having with her husband. She listed all her troubles. Across the room a brother speaks up and says, "I perceive that your having trouble with your husband, I perceive that you blah blah blah (he was speaking the stuff she had just told the room). Now, I know that my brother is not a false believer, he just wants to be used of God and many times we force God's hand and do stupid things in the name of Jesus.

Bible prophecy is like a dark room with no light. No one really knows whats going on, we are just grasping for answers. I am sure there are more pertinent issues than discussing the unknown. The only one that I know of in our day who has been right on in his predictions concerning current future events is David Wilkerson and his book the Vision. Other then him, I know of know other. Even the late Kenneth E. Hagin prophesied before he died saying that 2007 was going to be a great revival. Well it's 2008 now.

Rahman, I hope you don't stop posting man, you've got some other good things to share to which I have enjoyed reading.

2008/1/2 12:23
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Rahman,

It is real refreshing to hear your repentance and sorrow expressed. Too many would do otherwise...All of us do stupid things at some time or another and they are not in vain IF we learn from them...might humiliate us but never did hear that killed anyone....

God bless you and your family. Have a blessed year...

ginnyrose

2008/1/2 18:37Profile
Compton

Re:

Rhahman,

May your example instruct and inspire the rest of us. I wonder how many of us who have scolded you, or even patted you on your head, are already busy downloading more prophecies regarding the future from other people?

MC

2008/1/2 20:18Profile
BenBrockway

Hello everyone! It's been so long since I've been on here(a couple months or so). It's good to be on here again. Rahman, you are a dear brother in the Lord, and I am certain the Lord will continue, as He always has with us, to mold you and shape you into the man He ultimately wants you to be. I, too, have been humbled this past year in several areas of my life, and I praise God for His refining. Be blessed in this new year, a year of new beginnings.

2008/1/2 20:39Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Seems to be a reoccurring theme among some of us here lately. I've been re-examining many things concerning my walk with the Lord. My lack of love when responding to some here... my "over-zealousness", if you want to call it that.
Krispy

Nope Brother just shows that were all still human and still held together by flesh and bones and not one soul here should ever forget that, trust me the day I quit making mistakes and saying things I shouldn't, I will not be here I will be in Heaven.
It's really hard for true love for our fellow Brothers and Sisters to survive in such a graceless age, we just have to keep our eyes and Hearts focused on Jesus and do the best we can and don't beat ourselves up to bad and we will be fine.

2008/1/2 23:08Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Danger

This is a dangerous place ...

For someone with such a constant bent towards honesty, to truth in the inward parts, towards [i]In spirit and truth[/i] it is incredible to find the things I have been finding.

Leonard Ravenhill in a sermon here talked about and I could be mistaken, think it had to do with a new year ironically, of "[i]not going scattering through the book looking for a word or message[/i]" but that he got a 'word' and that word was "[i]Rejection, ... great[/i]". Well, I want to add to that and alongside of it another word; "Indictment". Self indictment that is.

I used;

[i]Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?[/i] Job 38:2

I need to preempt this briefly. Everything I stated here and elsewhere in this prophetic regard, I meant what I said and said what I meant. I am not now equivocating on it. However, there is a great problem with it all. Re-reading even what was stated here earlier to the brothers ... What pious and pompous, elegant attempts at word craft is laced through all this. I have been well off of late and yet go on speaking anyway ... the prayer life has suffered and I am now looking in this mirror practically aghast at some of these things. I am more like Eliphaz the Temaniite than Job but will borrow his words anyway as they apply to the 'darkened counsel' and my great overlooking and overshooting lips;

[i]Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge?

[b]therefore have I uttered that I understood not[/b];

things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.[/i] Job 42:3

Pray for the brothers. And please, do not respond to this. Just allow it to be the open sore that it is, the exposure may do it good, even the silent air around it.

2008/1/3 10:15Profile

Re:

Quote:
It's really hard for true love for our fellow Brothers and Sisters to survive in such a graceless age

Surely you mean "Godless Age"?

2008/1/3 11:48
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Compliments wrote:
Quote:
It's really hard for true love for our fellow Brothers and Sisters to survive in such a graceless age

Surely you mean "Godless Age"?

Graceless/Godless whatever I think most know what I meant, I personally see this as a Graceless age also along with a Godless age.

2008/1/3 11:58Profile
rookie

Re:

Years of Crisis Ahead
by J. R. Nyquist
Weekly Column Published: 01.04.2008
Print
On December 23 the Telegraph (UK) published an article by Ambrose Evans-Pritchard with the headline, “Crisis may make 1929 look like a ‘walk in the park.’ The article begins, “Twenty billion dollars here, $20 billion there…. Buckets of liquidity are being splashed over the North Atlantic banking system, so far with meager or fleeting effects.” Large banks are in trouble. Huge sums of money are disappearing. The capitalist system is faltering. At the same time, the “former” center of global communism is brimming with new confidence. Russia is deploying warships to the Eastern Mediterranean, building and testing new intercontinental missiles and submarines. The rhetoric of Russia’s president, Vladimir Putin, has a “neo-Soviet” ring to it. When visiting Cuba a few years back, a journalist asked Putin about his ideological loyalties. Was he a communist? “Call me a pot,” he said cryptically, “but heat me not.” Like Stalin after the New Economic Policy of the 1920s, Putin has nationalized major Russian industries. He has curtailed press freedom. He has reversed the process that dismantled the Soviet Union. He is taking up the pieces of the old communist empire, and putting them back into place.

Vladimir Putin knows that defeat may be a temporary expedient. A broken nation can bounce back. The tables can be turned on old enemies who believe they’ve won. He knows, as well, that history is cyclical; that peace leads to war and boom leads to bust. While Western businessmen and politicians have implicitly denied (in their rhetoric) the inevitability of war and financial catastrophe, there is a longstanding political movement firmly based on the expectation of both. I am referring to the political movement founded by Karl Marx and continued by Lenin, which has existed in many countries under various names and guises. Marx taught his followers to expect a future financial crash. This crash, said Marx, would discredit capitalism and open the door to global revolution. After Marx came Lenin, who taught that a future “imperialist war” would contribute to the destabilization of capitalism, discredit the leadership of the developed countries, and enable a worldwide workers’ revolution. The shrewdness of Marx and Lenin may be found in their prediction of what was always inevitable, making themselves appear more authoritative than other would-be revolutionaries.

Marx and Lenin have followers throughout the world. And these followers are organized. They also have Islamic imitators. The specifics of doctrine are unimportant when studying totalitarian countries. What matters is the ever-present hatred of Western civilization, mass-murder, oppression, and an obsession with destructive war. These are the common elements. These are the tags that give away the game and tell the observer what he is looking at. The Islamist and the Communist seek to undermine the West economically, socially, demographically and politically. The military balance also plays into their calculations. This is why the acquisition of nuclear weapons by communist and Islamist countries is a top priority. The policies of Hugo Chavez, Vladimir Putin, the Chinese communists and the clerical regime in Iran are all coordinated at the highest levels. Economic warfare is also a consideration, especially when it comes to oil and currency manipulation.

It is in this context we should consider the statements of leading economists and financial experts today. We are told that financial dominoes are tilting. If the fear of widespread bankruptcy cannot be contained, if banks and hedge funds are about to collapse, if lenders are hoarding cash and borrowers suffering the pangs of unsatisfied addiction, if the money screw has become a thumbscrew and the tortured victim is forced to yell out his bankruptcy, then the Marxist party is about to see the fulfillment of the old prophecies and promises. The expected revolution is about to come. It will come on the heels of capitalism’s crisis.

In the Telegraph article Evans-Pritchard quotes Professor Peter Spencer as saying, “The central banks are rapidly losing control.” He also quotes British and American experts who agree that “the crisis” has moved beyond collapsing mortgage securities and now threatens the entire financial system. On Dec. 12 the Wall Street Journal ran a piece titled, “Banks Sound Grim Notes.” According to this article, some of the “biggest U.S. commercial banks” have been issuing warnings that “underlying business fundamentals are continuing to deteriorate.” Many banks are predicting that 2008 will be a year of “mounting loan defaults” and heavy losses on all sides. Last month, Merrill Lynch advised investors to stay away from Bank of America and J.P. Morgan.

The great economists taught us what to expect from irresponsible credit expansion. But when the generation that experienced the Great Depression had passed from power, the rising generation did not believe a Great Depression could happen to them. Turning their back on history, they imagined themselves superior to those who came before. The great sociologists and historians taught us that the mistakes of previous generations would be made again and again, despite warnings from the wise. And so they are proved right. We are human, and we are fated to err. The boomer generation is not immune to the laws of economics. Furthermore, the “end of history” did not occur, as alleged by Francis Fukuyama. Even now, at this very moment, we are up to our necks in history. Ours is not a “more perfect world” than our forefathers. The world is still the same world, with the same problems as before. If our grandparents had to contend with Hitler and Imperial Japan, we must contend with Putin and the Chinese communists.

Last month Russia successfully test-fired a multiple-warhead road-mobile ICBM. It is a type of weapon the United States doesn’t have and doesn’t plan to develop. The RS-24 can carry up to three warheads, using technology from the advanced Topol-M system (already deployed). As a mobile platform the RS-24 can hide almost anywhere, so the United States cannot determine if it is falling behind in a new arms race. The Russian navy has also test-fired a new submarine launched ballistic missile called the Sineva. Those who laugh at Russia’s meager economy will be baffled by the regeneration of Russia’s armed forces, based as they are on a strategy of “leveling the playing field” (literally) with missiles.

The year 2008 will clarify the position of the United States as a great power in relation to the emerging power of China and the supposedly defunct power of Russia. If the financial crisis worsens (as it is likely to do), a political crisis is bound to follow. Few dare talk about this crisis (even now), although communists have been discussing it for many decades. Mainly, they have been considering how they will exploit a major economic crisis. With the Western intelligentsia sunk in the mire of political correctness, and the stupefaction of a television-besotted public, they are the only party on Earth that is psychologically ready with answers and slogans. Their political powder is dry, and they are well stocked. There is every reason to believe that the public will be confused, that the politicians will be knocked off balance.

The year 2008 may be a year of decision, not because it is a presidential election year, but because the West may be shaken to its foundations.

end of article...

Like I wrote to brother Ironman...the wisdom of the Scriptures will bring to light the darkness of the nation we now live in. For those who hope for futile things futility will be their reward...

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2008/1/4 21:32Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Brother Rahman and Ironman...

I spent my holidays thinking of this situation and praying for you both. While I never held confidence in the date (2007), this entire ordeal made me reflect at how detached from this world we should all be. We should be so detached that we are ready to depart at any minute. Regardless of whether or not the American economy will collapse (in 2008 or in 2058), our faith should always be fixed upon our relationship with Christ. Our faith should be so pure and firm that, if we truly knew that Christ was coming tomorrow, we would not change anything. We should already be ready for His coming.

With this, please know that my heart breaks for both of you. You are both in my prayers.

[b]Luke 18:9-17[/b]

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

15 And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them.

16 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.

17 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

[b]Psalm 130:3-4[/b]

3 If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?

4 But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

[b]Luke 22:31-32[/b]

31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

:-)

2008/1/4 22:41Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy