SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Post - Prophetic Credentials - A challenge to would be Prophets

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Post - Prophetic Credentials - A challenge to would be Prophets

Prophetic Credentials

I think there needs to be a lesson learned from Prophetic Credentials 1, 2, and 3. I would like to start it by challenging would be Prophets.

Before we claim to speak for God we cannot and should not take it lightly. As God will hold us accountable for what we say. There are far to much Prophets coming out of the woodwork today but this is to be excepted as Jesus warned us.

Matthew 24:11 And many false prophets shall arise, and shall lead many astray.

I hope that what went on in those postings mentioned above does not happen again in this discussion forum.

God chooses His prophets, God prepares His prophets, God sends His prophets. They are ordained by God, and come at the time God he decrees.

By the time He gets around to the sending part, those prophets usually find any reluctance overcome by divine compulsion. The message has become their own and they would not silence it if they could.

The life of a prophet reflects the particular message God has given him. It can also be that the name of the prophet has a signifigance in what God wants to do through that man.

Moses: meaning drawn out of the water.

Exodus 2:10 And the child grew, and she brought him unto Pharaoh’s daughter, and he became her son. And she called his name Moses, and said, Because I drew him out of the water.

Moses drawn from water but think about what God did later in this man's life. Through this man he drew a whole nation from the water.

The reasons for this is that the prophet's life must be brought into subjection to and molded by that message. God can say to the prophet look at your name. The prophet replys you knew me in my Mother's womb before I was born you knew me. A Prophet is acutely aware of God and the purpose of God on his life. This gives him the strength to go on to proclaim his message. I say his message it gets to the point in the prophets life when he is at one he surrenders to the message and the spirit. It consumes the man.

One of the practical applications of this is that no True Prophet of God will allow anything in his life, whether good or evil, that will detract from his effective communication of his message. Unfortunatly today in this generation we have to much people ready to jump up and say 'I am a Prophet'. They want to preach a message but are not willing to live that message. Men today who call themselves prophets think they can miss it and it is okay we can get it wrong God has not put any sickness on me, I am not dead. They speak a word from God it doesn't happen and then get more full of pride trying to justify what has happen. The problem is you bow the knee humble yourself before God.

Remember what Jesus says
Mat 7 v 22-23 "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

How dark is the darkness in these men they can't see they are false. They turn around and say. If I was wrong. 'If' who do you think you are you where wrong there should be no 'If'. Deal with this in your life know get before God and cry out to him to set you free.

Don't be sending me replys here saying oh your being harsh. It's better that I am harsh than they spend eternity in hell. You must get to the bottom of this in your life, you must get before God until you hear from him. Don't get me wrong with Ironman God has placed him on my heart. Get before God he will speak, make this a turning point in your life.

So you still think or know God has given you a message to your peers or to one of the other generations about you?

A message about You....Then let the message and the Spirit that gave it burn in you with enough heat to consume all things in your life that would either combat or frustrate the delivery of that message.

If you think are a Prophet and have a message I say it again.

2007/12/31 19:24Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy