SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Study Bibles

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
frazier72

Study Bibles

I know there has been a few post on this topic, but I was wanting to see if anyone had used the John McArthur NASB study Bible? I have several study Bibles already, but I have heard some good things about this one. Just curious, thanks.

2007/12/31 7:06Profile
davyman

Re: Study Bibles

I've only heard good things about the MacArthur Study Bible. I'm using the Reformation Study Bible (ESV) and I love it.

SDG,

Dave

2007/12/31 7:12Profile
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Re: Macarthur Study Bible

The NASB Macarthur Study Bible is my personal "weapon of choice" for serious Bible study. Usually I tend to avoid single-author study Bibles for the reason of the possibility of bias, but Macarthur is a man known for integrity. Whenever I watch the Grace to You TV video podcast, I can't help but feel as though I'm part of the Grace Community Church congregation when the show gives verse references as well as the page numbers for the NASB edition.

The only negative thing to say is that I'm charismatic in pneumatology, so when reading his commentary of Acts, 1 Corinthians and Ephesians 4, I immediately have to disagree.

2007/12/31 8:43Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Hi frazier72...

I really like the John McArthur study bibles. It's not that I agree with everything that McArthur says, but he does have a great perspective on many issues from the Word. Likewise, I enjoy reading through the Dakes Annotated, even though some of his beliefs are a little "off."

My favorite "study Bible" is the Thompson Chain Reference. It is void of many doctrinal interpretations falsely presented as "fact." However, it does provide many great resourses for Bible study. I own both the KJV and the NIV, and I enjoy reading through both.

:-)

2007/12/31 12:38Profile
frazier72

I have the Thompson Chain NASB, and while I like it, I do prefer to have the study notes up front. I was considering between the MacArthur and the Life Application. As far as theology goes, I'm a moderate Calvin, so I have no problem with that. Thanks for the input.

2007/12/31 17:59Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re:

The Hebrew-Greek Key Word Study Bible is the only study Bible I've ever used, but I sure liked it. The notes are written by Spiros Zodhiates, I think.

2007/12/31 20:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy