SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : ---> When the Lighthouse flickers....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HIServant

---> When the Lighthouse flickers....

Devotional: Matthew 5:14-16: “Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” Any light which flickers between showing the way and leaving one in darkness is the example of the lukewarm Christian whom GOD says in Revelation 3:15-16: “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of MY mouth.”

This point is self directed…most of all. Faith and its display is a privilege. Our actions on behalf of HE who saved us…are the least we can do. Stay awake! Watch and pray. Fast with humility…and burn brightly without blinking!! Amen and amen!

[u][i][b][size=medium][color=CC0000][font=Verdana]Faith’s Flow[/font][/color][/size][/b][/i][/u]

Faith in one’s pocket…apart from their heart
resembles glow which flickers.
Knowing its’ power yet denying its’ full display.
What good then is the lighthouse….designed to deliver
when chances are good – half – those following shall wreck.

So are our temples…unfilled with HIS will
whenever we step sideways.
Knowing to follow yet choosing to stray.
What good then is that frame…who has HIS favor tasted
when glowless souls adrift call but never see [u][b]The Light[/b][/u].

As HIS servant in your service,
WVW Jasnoch 12/29/07

2007/12/29 23:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy